Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Progress: D.C. Begins Licensing Same-sex Marriages « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 05, 2010, 02:03:40 PM

Never have I seen someone so fascinated with the world of queers & lesbians! 

Ahem...

I'm a queer magnet!
I'm such a queer magnet already

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2010, 05:49:30 PM

I still don't see how this can be classified as progress...

Surely isnt a bad thing.. Who cares.. Let them be happy..

How would your life be affected by this significantly?

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 05, 2010, 04:17:01 PM

Hmmm - no - "I'm just so happy. We're whole now. We will actually be a true family like everyone else," Young, 47, said as Townsend, 41, used her thumb to wipe away her soon-to-be wife's tears."  No, just a couple of women that are living together and now will get credit for the manipulated laws of a government's policies intended to help familes... husband, wife, kids... that is a family.

And the governmental polices were misguided as well.  Just for the record...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 05, 2010, 04:21:22 PM

Hmmm - no - "I'm just so happy. We're whole now. We will actually be a true family like everyone else," Young, 47, said as Townsend, 41, used her thumb to wipe away her soon-to-be wife's tears." No, just a couple of women that are living together and now will get credit for the manipulated laws of a government's policies intended to help familes... husband, wife, kids... that is a family.

And the governmental polices were misguided as well. Just for the record...

So, a husband and wife with no kids is less of a family than those with kids?  What if the married lesbians adopt a child?  Do they then qualify as a "true" family?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2010, 04:26:26 PM

Hence the term 'married couple' - considered by idiots like myself to be a man and a woman who are married and do not yet have kids.  As for the gay couple who adopts - well they are a gay couple that has adopted.  Neat having all these words and terms in the language.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 05, 2010, 04:28:39 PM

Id still be interested in knowing what many of you would do if your own son or daughter were gay.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 05, 2010, 04:34:48 PM

What is there to do?  The child is still your child and you love him/her.  The upbringing is still the same.  Not a thing to "do".  I have relatives that are gay.  We don't avoid nor shun - they are relatives.  It isn't like being gay was invented in the last few years. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 05, 2010, 04:43:38 PM

Here's the question that stops all homophobes in their tracks: What does it matter? How on earth does the legality of same sex marriage in any way threaten YOUR lifestyle?

IT DOES AFFECT LIFESTYLES!!  There are so many kids in the 8th grade or below who go around telling people and believingg they are gay/lesbian.  This isn't "normal" behavior mojo!  They don't even know what it means to be gay/lesbian.  It's cool to be gay!  I never thought I'd live to see the day....

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 05, 2010, 04:44:20 PM

Never have I seen someone so fascinated with the world of queers & lesbians!

Ahem...

I'm a queer magnet!
I'm such a queer magnet already

Don't get your hopes up Jerky! 

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 05, 2010, 05:06:40 PM

Id still be interested in knowing what many of you would do if your own son or daughter were gay.

Provided they are an adult, it really isn't any of my business who they sleep with.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 05, 2010, 05:09:51 PM

Here's the question that stops all homophobes in their tracks: What does it matter? How on earth does the legality of same sex marriage in any way threaten YOUR lifestyle?

IT DOES AFFECT LIFESTYLES!! There are so many kids in the 8th grade or below who go around telling people and believingg they are gay/lesbian. This isn't "normal" behavior mojo! They don't even know what it means to be gay/lesbian. It's cool to be gay! I never thought I'd live to see the day....

First, how about a link proving the increase in kids identifing as homosexual?  Next, how about a some evidence suggesting that any data can actually be correlated to gay marriage acceptance, rather than a case of societal acceptance making it less necessary for gay kids to hide their sexuality.

Next, what do you define as normal behavior?  Considering at a very least bisexual behavior has been discovered in over 400 different species on this planet, I'd say that constitutes somewhat of a normality, wouldn't you?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 05, 2010, 05:47:09 PM

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 05, 2010, 05:48:02 PM

What is there to do? The child is still your child and you love him/her. The upbringing is still the same. Not a thing to "do". I have relatives that are gay. We don't avoid nor shun - they are relatives. It isn't like being gay was invented in the last few years.

^this^

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 05, 2010, 05:52:49 PM

Surely isnt a bad thing.. Who cares.. Let them be happy..

How would your life be affected by this significantly?

but why is this progress?

Good or bad, I don't see why this can be called progress unless you yourself are gay/bi/lesbianic, whatever.  If you are those, then to you, it might be progressive, but why is this progress to the average straight guy/girl? 

What do straight guys get from this that would make me stop what I am doing and say that progress has been made?

please explain.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 05, 2010, 05:57:37 PM

BTW it is so nice that you take time out of your life to spend time with the mentally disabled(your sig)..

Totally uncalled for and unacceptable. Delete it or I will report you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Progress: D.C. Begins Licensing Same-sex Marriages « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools