Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Shoots Down Kampman, Parker Rumors « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2010, 04:10:15 PM

Where is that great sig with Dominik holding the phone that says "Do Not Use"???

BucsMagic64

Starter

#31 : March 05, 2010, 04:10:30 PM

First of all, it makes Dominik look really, really bad to come out and say that publicly. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to dampen fans' expectations for the Bucs' likely lack of activity in free agency, but in my opinion, blatant inactivity is even worse.

Second of all, I don't necessarily believe him on this one based on what I know.

Telling your fans that you aren't even talking to anyone isn't dampening expectations, it's going to piss off the fanbase and cause them to call for your head.

k_bassuka

Starter

#32 : March 05, 2010, 04:14:04 PM

We dont need to sign anyone we just need to give those great signings from last year a raise. Oh never mind they get one since they still on the team.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#33 : March 05, 2010, 04:14:28 PM

First of all, it makes Dominik look really, really bad to come out and say that publicly. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to dampen fans' expectations for the Bucs' likely lack of activity in free agency, but in my opinion, blatant inactivity is even worse.

Second of all, I don't necessarily believe him on this one based on what I know.

I dont buy it for a damn second either. I'm with you on that, I dont know what you know but MD is a smart guy, he knows what hes doin.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 05, 2010, 04:16:42 PM

It is fustrating and boring, but…..

You guys realize the Bears are overpaying old players with very few years left in the tank because they are desperate and have NO  first or second rounds picks….right?

In reality, we are much better off with our three picks in the first two rounds than the Bears are with thier overpaid free agent splurge.

I know it’s boring right now, and I wish we’d sign one or two of the younger DBs out there, but just remember the big picture here. It may be much more exciting to be a Bears fan today, but come draft day it’s gonna suck very badly for them. We will be having an exciting day one, drafting 3 potential new stars while Bears fans twittle thier thumbs talking about how cool 30 year old Peppers is.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2010, 04:22:12 PM

Want change?  STOP BUYING TICKETS.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 05, 2010, 04:23:20 PM

It is fustrating and boring, but�..

You guys realize the Bears are overpaying old players with very few years left in the tank because they are desperate and have NO  first or second rounds picks�.right?

In reality, we are much better off with our three picks in the first two rounds than the Bears are with thier overpaid free agent splurge.

I know it�s boring right now, and I wish we�d sign one or two of the younger DBs out there, but just remember the big picture here. It may be much more exciting to be a Bears fan today, but come draft day it�s gonna suck very badly for them. We will be having an exciting day one, drafting 3 potential new stars while Bears fans twittle thier thumbs talking about how cool 30 year old Peppers is.

Nice.

enterprise

Rookie
#37 : March 05, 2010, 04:36:40 PM

We're a friggin' disaster of an organization.  I can't beleive how terrible the Buc's public affairs staff is.  It's one thing to set expectations, but a whole other thing to come across as aloof and complacent.  If it's a money thing, than just say it already.  B/c  3-13 is damning enough.  The ownership isn't fooling anyone at this point.  If it's not the money and Dominik isn't exploring ways to improve via FA, he has no business running a team.  I don't care if we sign anyone but I care that we at least talk to FA (even to scout them for the season(s) ahead) and look into ways of getting better on top of the draft.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 05, 2010, 04:38:05 PM

It is fustrating and boring, but�..

You guys realize the Bears are overpaying old players with very few years left in the tank because they are desperate and have NO  first or second rounds picks�.right?

I know it�s boring right now, and I wish we�d sign one or two of the younger DBs out there, but just remember the big picture here. It may be much more exciting to be a Bears fan today, but come draft day it�s gonna suck very badly for them. We will be having an exciting day one, drafting 3 potential new stars while Bears fans twittle thier thumbs talking about how cool 30 year old Peppers is.

Another FA period begins, and like clock work the word "overpaid" starts to get thrown around again. It's sad that for half a decade now we have spent the least amount of money and so many of our fans justify it as us not "overpaying". When are people going to realize if you want good players you have to pay...nobody worth a damn is going to come here for scraps. The way I see it this team has shown a total lack of commitment to winning, and I'm positive FA's around the league see that as well. This team is going to suck for a long long time unless some serious changes are made regarding how this franchise is run.

#39 : March 05, 2010, 04:38:57 PM

PR, if Dom did say this on the radio, I think you guys need to stay consistent and write a PR ALERT for it.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 05, 2010, 04:39:22 PM

What I want to know is why Dom is on the freaking radio, right now?? Dumb Dog? He needs to be working the phones, wrangling up the troops, just something besides THAT! Jesus what is wrong?!

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 05, 2010, 04:40:24 PM

PR, if Dom did say this on the radio, I think you guys need to stay consistent and write a PR ALERT for it.

+1.. PR needs to hire me as an alert coordinator, because the strategy they have in place now is nonsense.

Who read the Delhomme alert last night? Pathetic..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

DailyRich68

Starter
#42 : March 05, 2010, 04:41:21 PM

Another FA period begins, and like clock work the word "overpaid" starts to get thrown around again. It's sad that for half a decade now we have spent the least amount of money and so many of our fans justify it as us not "overpaying". When are people going to realize if you want good players you have to pay..

Draft picks work for free now?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#43 : March 05, 2010, 04:46:30 PM

like we thought bucs have not and probably will not reach out to one free agent team is a joke to this city

Agree! Thanks Glazers.... [banghead]

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 05, 2010, 04:45:56 PM

We're already on top of it. We didn't hear the radio interview, Soul Bro, and there is no podcast of it or a transcript. However, Jim Flynn has already reached out to MD for an exact quote (certainly cannot believe everything you read on JBF as they have been known take things out of context) so we can do a PR Alert story on it. Just waiting to hear back from him.

Keep in mind that we sourced the Kampman report, which came from NationalFootballPost.com. The Parker story came from a different source (a league source - not a media site).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Shoots Down Kampman, Parker Rumors « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools