Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Shoots Down Kampman, Parker Rumors « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#75 : March 08, 2010, 01:32:03 PM

they may have been interested....but parker and kampan may not have been...its a two way street.

According to Mark Dominik, the Bucs weren't at all interested.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#76 : March 08, 2010, 01:33:26 PM

well are you going to admit you were interested if they turned you down? undoubtedly the bucs offered very lttle in terms of money.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 08, 2010, 02:16:08 PM

well are you going to admit you were interested if they turned you down? undoubtedly the bucs offered very lttle in terms of money.

Please.  Quit trying to manufacture an excuse for PR.  They dropped the damn ball.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#78 : March 08, 2010, 02:19:13 PM

i dont give two BLEEPS about what PR does.....especially when poster are manufacturing scenarios that lead them with suh.....who they think is christ...and in turn thinks the other teams would pass on a player as good as the posters make him out to be.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#79 : March 08, 2010, 03:11:20 PM

yuccanneers is now a local celebrity. Duemig read his post on air during his show today.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#80 : March 08, 2010, 03:16:21 PM

First of all, it makes Dominik look really, really bad to come out and say that publicly. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to dampen fans' expectations for the Bucs' likely lack of activity in free agency, but in my opinion, blatant inactivity is even worse.

Second of all, I don't necessarily believe him on this one based on what I know.

I am inclined to agree SR.

It makes even more sense since the PR director resigned recently that a PR lapse like this would happen.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 09, 2010, 06:35:13 PM

PR. strives to make their news legit...DUImig on WDUI 6.20 always stirs up the post negative or positive just to boast his ratings on air. He can't do it by providing decent material. His format has never changed. He is too easy to figure out. Try getting a new format DUImig, your getting old and listeners are not concerned about your rantings and provoking remarks anymore...OBD

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#82 : March 09, 2010, 07:26:03 PM

they may have been interested....but parker and kampan may not have been...its a two way street.

Actually....according to Steve Duemig, Mark Dominik says the Bucs weren't interested. I'll leave it at that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#83 : March 09, 2010, 08:05:24 PM

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=25460

As Joe suspected, these nasty, unsourced rumors that the Bucs are going after Green Bay defensive end Aaron Kampman and Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker are blatantly untrue.

Unnerved at the rumors, Bucs general manager Mark Dominik saw fit to speak with the dean of Tampa Bay sports radio, “The Big Dog,” Steve Duemig, this afternoon to deny the Bucs have any “interest” in the two players.

“The Buccaneers have not reached out to any unrestricted free agents,” Dominik told Duemig, as Duemig reported on WDAE-AM 620 this afternoon.

Dominik really didn’t need to go public as the rumors were so outrageous to Joe he couldn’t write about them with a straight face.

Joe also suspects the main culprit in the area for spreading these unsourced rumors as near fact, the formerly colorful Bucs magazine, is no longer on Dominik’s Christmas card list.

Bet Dominik won't be around for Christmas anyway.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#84 : March 10, 2010, 09:40:41 AM

Actually....according to Steve Duemig, Mark Dominik says the Bucs weren't interested. I'll leave it at that.

No, accoding to Dominik's OWN words.  Try to follow along.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#85 : March 10, 2010, 11:13:31 AM

Link to Dominik's OWN words?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#86 : March 10, 2010, 12:45:52 PM

Actually...you'd be wrong. Dominik was not on Duemig's show being interviewed so he could not possibly have been be quoted. Supposedly the comment to Duemig came via text message.

Oh yeah.....try to follow along.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#87 : May 06, 2011, 04:07:28 PM

When are people going to realize if you want good players you have to pay...nobody worth a damn is going to come here for scraps. The way I see it this team has shown a total lack of commitment to winning, and I'm positive FA's around the league see that as well. This team is going to suck for a long long time unless some serious changes are made regarding how this franchise is run.

Good call.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#88 : May 06, 2011, 04:13:15 PM

Nice work, Biggs. This thread is chock full of fail!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik Shoots Down Kampman, Parker Rumors « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools