Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sorry Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#30 : March 05, 2010, 09:32:45 PM

It is ridiculous and unacceptable that the Bucs couldnt rebuild this team and make them a perennial playoff contender in one year...

Where is any of my posts did I even come close to saying anything like this? I think having legitimate targets for Freeman is a pretty reasonable request. If you think Clayton and the gang are a good enough WR corps, then you my friend are delusional.

No, I dont think they are good enough but the three guys you mentioned were 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds picks and AB isnt getting a whiff in FA and you are saying on March 5th that we are screwed because we didnt get one of these guys.  Lets at least get to the draft before basing your opinion of our starting WRs because obviously, you can find legitimate #1 recievers in the mid rounds of the draft or UFAs like Miles Austin

Why should I wait until the draft to base my opinion?  Who do you think we're going to pick up from now until then?  Everyone is pretty much already signed.  You think we're going to find a #1 WR in the draft THIS year and be a legitimate starter his first year?  Open your eyes.

LOL, I guess you were expecting to go the Super Bowl this year if we got Nate Burleson.....get real and get a real take.  Go look at the all rookie teams over the last several years and look at the numbers those guys put up in their first year and what round they were drafted.  It takes time to become a legitimate #1 receiver but they can be found throughout the draft and that is where the Bucs will try to find one

OKC_Buc

Starter

#31 : March 05, 2010, 09:42:04 PM

It is ridiculous and unacceptable that the Bucs couldnt rebuild this team and make them a perennial playoff contender in one year...

Where is any of my posts did I even come close to saying anything like this? I think having legitimate targets for Freeman is a pretty reasonable request. If you think Clayton and the gang are a good enough WR corps, then you my friend are delusional.

No, I dont think they are good enough but the three guys you mentioned were 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds picks and AB isnt getting a whiff in FA and you are saying on March 5th that we are screwed because we didnt get one of these guys.  Lets at least get to the draft before basing your opinion of our starting WRs because obviously, you can find legitimate #1 recievers in the mid rounds of the draft or UFAs like Miles Austin

Why should I wait until the draft to base my opinion?  Who do you think we're going to pick up from now until then?  Everyone is pretty much already signed.  You think we're going to find a #1 WR in the draft THIS year and be a legitimate starter his first year?  Open your eyes.

LOL, I guess you were expecting to go the Super Bowl this year if we got Nate Burleson.....get real and get a real take.  Go look at the all rookie teams over the last several years and look at the numbers those guys put up in their first year and what round they were drafted. It takes time to become a legitimate #1 receiver but they can be found throughout the draft and that is where the Bucs will try to find one

Again, where in my post do I say anything remotely close to what you're saying?  We need a legitimate #1 NOW for the development of Freeman.  What part of that do you not understand?  Did you forget that Boldin and Marshall were both on the block?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 05, 2010, 09:54:51 PM

If the BUcs roll into the regular with these guys currently under contract, and a third or fourth round rookie WR, they are going to be abysmal again next year.  Book that.

OKC_Buc

Starter

#33 : March 05, 2010, 09:58:38 PM

If the BUcs roll into the regular with these guys currently under contract, and a third or fourth round rookie WR, they are going to be abysmal again next year. Book that.

Abysmal is not even the word for it.  If that happens to be the case, I will not ruin my Sundays watching them.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 05, 2010, 10:01:25 PM

If the BUcs roll into the regular with these guys currently under contract, and a third or fourth round rookie WR, they are going to be abysmal again next year. Book that.

Abysmal is not even the word for it. If that happens to be the case, I will not ruin my Sundays watching them.
I will still watch them, but I sure as hell won't be making a road trip to see them as I always do...

The Glazers flat out suck as owners...they are too enthralled with soccer, this Hostile Tackeover that might happen...they are like, What?  the BUcs?  What the hell are they?  Oh yeah...the OTHER team we own...uhhh...just sign someone, pay them a decent wage so the people will operate under the assumption that we are not cheap..."

OKC_Buc

Starter

#35 : March 05, 2010, 10:04:38 PM

If they seriously enter the season with the same WR corps and a mediocre rookie while letting AB go I really don't know if I can do it. 

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 05, 2010, 10:05:49 PM

its over now! that is no longer in debate....cutting bryant was exactly what it was..a cost cutting move.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 20, 2011, 08:03:52 PM

Strange how you guys can read the writing on this website, but are unable to decipher it when it's on the wall.

I saw the writing on the wall January of last year. And everyone thought I was crazy.

The day they hired a completely unqualified coach to replace a super bowl-winning coach and then dismiss every veteran on the team is the day I realized the Glazers are done with the Bucs.

Culverhouse is laughing in his grave right now.

Can you fellas help me out with that writing on the wall?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#38 : January 20, 2011, 08:28:28 PM

If the BUcs roll into the regular with these guys currently under contract, and a third or fourth round rookie WR, they are going to be abysmal again next year.  Book that.

;D  Not trying to bust your chops, because I was sort of feeling the same way, bro.

The quest for .500 begins...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : January 20, 2011, 08:33:09 PM

Strange how you guys can read the writing on this website, but are unable to decipher it when it's on the wall.

I saw the writing on the wall January of last year. And everyone thought I was crazy.

The day they hired a completely unqualified coach to replace a super bowl-winning coach and then dismiss every veteran on the team is the day I realized the Glazers are done with the Bucs.

Can you fellas help me out with that writing on the wall?
It said "Cyberdude557, you're a stupid. ****"

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#40 : January 20, 2011, 08:44:42 PM

OP is a fool.

Glazers know all.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 20, 2011, 08:50:47 PM

Here you go, Biggs.

I'd take Sanchez over Freeman all day long.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,788041.msg788061.html#msg788061

Campbell has plenty of weapons around him and hasn't taken advantage of them, and I would still rather give up a third for him than spend a first on Freeman.

In reality, I would prefer to ride this season out with McCown and Leftwich.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,786921.msg787185.html#msg787185

Trading up to get Freeman?  Unbelievable.

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,780013.msg780022.html#msg780022

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#42 : January 20, 2011, 08:55:07 PM

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN

The quest for .500 begins...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 20, 2011, 09:07:55 PM

Here you go, Biggs.

I've already eatin' it on all of those, and more.  You, on the other hand, continue to try to tell people that you weren't wrong.

All you have to do is admit your foolishness and the bump-beatings will stop.  You were told that months ago, but have been too stubborn to admit it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 20, 2011, 09:18:03 PM

Absolutely brilliant!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sorry Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools