Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins after Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2007, 06:35:51 PM

The Bucs should have sealed this deal when they had the chance.  Instead, they took a chance and waited on Steinbach, and now it will bite them in the ass.  In the meantime, the other LOT candidates have all signed with other teams, meaning we have no leverage.

No, from what I understand it wasn't the Bucs whose feet were dragging. The Bucs wanted to get it done quickly, Petitgout's representative wanted him to wait and see what prices got set in the market for O-linemen before he signed, even though Luke was very impressed with the Buccaneers.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 04, 2007, 07:22:12 PM

The Bucs should have sealed this deal when they had the chance. Instead, they took a chance and waited on Steinbach, and now it will bite them in the ass. In the meantime, the other LOT candidates have all signed with other teams, meaning we have no leverage.

No, from what I understand it wasn't the Bucs whose feet were dragging. The Bucs wanted to get it done quickly, Petitgout's representative wanted him to wait and see what prices got set in the market for O-linemen before he signed, even though Luke was very impressed with the Buccaneers.
Impressive facilities, nice stadium, chance to start...great.

Having 3 or 4 million more tossed at you, even better.  Even if you play in a dump, whick RFK isn't...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 04, 2007, 07:48:46 PM

This sucks!

In Verner We Trust

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 04, 2007, 08:05:22 PM

The Bucs should have sealed this deal when they had the chance.  Instead, they took a chance and waited on Steinbach, and now it will bite them in the ass.  In the meantime, the other LOT candidates have all signed with other teams, meaning we have no leverage.

Don't bother Dan.  Brad apparently thinks we only work one deal at a time and that's why we didn't sign anyone other than Plummer.  Even though we did...

FireThemCannons

Second String

#19 : March 04, 2007, 09:12:13 PM

Damn, I was excited at the prospect of him playing LOT, but in no way should we pay a fortune for him when he's coming off an injury

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 05, 2007, 04:17:43 PM

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archives/2007/03/henry_green_set_bar_for_rb_dea.php

Ex-Giant Luke Petitgout is in Washington today and the Redskins apparently are making a serious push to sign him before he leaves their facility. Supposedly they want him to play left guard.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 05, 2007, 04:41:46 PM

Does Washington even have a salary cap? I swear every year they sign a bunch of overpriced guys and everyone says there going to be in salary cap hell, then they turn around and do the exact same thing the next year!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins after Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools