Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins after Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2007, 03:56:46 PM

From PFT:

'SKINS TURN TO PETITGOUT

A league source tells us that, with Leonard Davis off of the market, the Redskins are now looking at former Giants left tackle Luke Petitgout.

But the 'Skins aren't interested in Petitgout as a left tackle.  Instead, he would be moved inside, to replace left guard Derrick Dockery, who signed on Friday with the Bills.

Petitgout was a first-round pick in 1999, and has spent his entire career with the Giants.  His 2006 season was shortened by a broken leg.  Last week, Petitgout visited the Bucs, and passed a physical.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : March 04, 2007, 04:04:00 PM

I hope we sign this guy before the Skins give him a 4 year 50 million dollar deal...

damn skins

calicojack

Starter
#2 : March 04, 2007, 04:09:10 PM

Kinda interesting that hey want him as a guard.

The Dream Team

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 04, 2007, 04:12:18 PM

The just haven't reached their yearly quota of giving away money yet.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2007, 04:20:58 PM

I think he' be an awful OG, I'm not sure why they'd want to put him there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#5 : March 04, 2007, 04:22:42 PM

because they lost Dockery to the bills

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2007, 04:35:38 PM

Yes, I know they need an OG, just not sure why this is a guy you think should be an OG.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#7 : March 04, 2007, 04:39:13 PM

I hope we can get Petitgout, but Skins will probably overpay for him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2007, 04:44:54 PM

I'm sure the Deadskins wouldn't have a problem overpaying him, but I would think he would prefer to play the more prestigious left tackle position in Tampa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#9 : March 04, 2007, 04:46:43 PM

I'm sure the Deadskins wouldn't have a problem overpaying him, but I would think he would prefer to play the more prestigious left tackle position in Tampa.
I hope so.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2007, 04:50:41 PM

Yes, I know they need an OG, just not sure why this is a guy you think should be an OG.

He played LOG for the Giants as a rookie, but his value is definitely better as OT

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 04, 2007, 06:06:48 PM

Petitgout may be a problem. I'm hearing his contract expectations have changed in light of the big OL deals that have come along since he talked to the Bucs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 04, 2007, 06:21:44 PM

The Bucs should have sealed this deal when they had the chance.  Instead, they took a chance and waited on Steinbach, and now it will bite them in the ass.  In the meantime, the other LOT candidates have all signed with other teams, meaning we have no leverage.

#13 : March 04, 2007, 06:22:41 PM

Petitgout may be a problem. I'm hearing his contract expectations have changed in light of the big OL deals that have come along since he talked to the Bucs.
Ugh.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 04, 2007, 06:29:18 PM

Let the deadskins get into more cap hell.
But we still need a LT upgrade over Davis

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Skins after Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools