Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Johnson visits the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
: March 05, 2007, 09:02:20 AM

Basically he is a younger version of Wade.

I think Clincksdale is looking really good right now........

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2007, 04:08:30 PM

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Dallas free-agent center Al Johnson visited Tampa Bay on Friday and Saturday and is scheduled to visit Arizona on Sunday.

#2 : March 04, 2007, 04:09:28 PM

I don't know much about him other than he went to Wisconsin.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2007, 04:22:41 PM

Struggled badly here in Dallas, is basically a bust. Not very strong in the middle.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#4 : March 04, 2007, 04:28:08 PM

Struggled badly here in Dallas, is basically a bust. Not very strong in the middle.
Ew.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : March 04, 2007, 04:59:31 PM

I've heard he is a very smart player at the center position and excels in making the bext calls. I've heard the only reason that he was benched was bc of Parcell's movement to the bigger OL... If he is a smart player he can quickly help out these youngsters on our line.

#6 : March 04, 2007, 05:01:00 PM

He's only a 3 year vet himself.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : March 04, 2007, 05:02:34 PM

He's only a 3 year vet himself.
doesnt mean he isnt smart... and he is young enough to be around for a long time.

#8 : March 04, 2007, 05:03:42 PM

No just saying he's young.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 04, 2007, 05:03:54 PM

Here's his pre-draft scouting report:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/johnson_al

#10 : March 04, 2007, 05:04:59 PM

Thanks Brad.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#11 : March 04, 2007, 05:07:01 PM

Here's his pre-draft scouting report:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/johnson_al
If that scouting report is half true I want him lol, like I said he is very smart and he seems to be a very good athlete, pretty much the reason why he was benched was for a bigger guy.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 04, 2007, 05:07:30 PM

ESPN's scouting report on him in the NFL.

Johnson is smart, efficient and extremely hard-working. He has excellent body control, doesn't waste a lot of movement and quickly gets good position at the second level. He is an excellent technician who plays under control and takes great angles to his blocks. He gives every ounce of ability he has. He recognizes defensive schemes and can make offensive line calls. He knows how to pick up stunts and blitzes. He has very good balance, rarely lunges at defenders and can redirect easily against double moves and spin moves. He maintains good position and pad level and won't overreact to movement. He has a quick set, bends his knees and plays with good leverage. He can handle most one-gap penetrators. But Johnson lacks ideal strength and power. He struggles against two-gap tackles and bull rushers. He has problems holding his ground when covered up and can be pushed back into the pocket. He has trouble in short-area fistfight. He won't create much of a push on power runs.

Sounds a lot like Wade to me.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 04, 2007, 05:25:34 PM

ESPN's scouting report on him in the NFL.

Johnson is smart, efficient and extremely hard-working. He has excellent body control, doesn't waste a lot of movement and quickly gets good position at the second level. He is an excellent technician who plays under control and takes great angles to his blocks. He gives every ounce of ability he has. He recognizes defensive schemes and can make offensive line calls. He knows how to pick up stunts and blitzes. He has very good balance, rarely lunges at defenders and can redirect easily against double moves and spin moves. He maintains good position and pad level and won't overreact to movement. He has a quick set, bends his knees and plays with good leverage. He can handle most one-gap penetrators. But Johnson lacks ideal strength and power. He struggles against two-gap tackles and bull rushers. He has problems holding his ground when covered up and can be pushed back into the pocket. He has trouble in short-area fistfight. He won't create much of a push on power runs.

Sounds a lot like Wade to me.

But better than Mahan...

TBYFLBuc

Second String

#14 : March 04, 2007, 06:23:09 PM

DalBuc...Is he worse than Mahan??Mahan sucks and needs to be replaced IMO..
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Al Johnson visits the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools