Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs. Texans 2005 Preseason...PB was painful to watch « previous next »
Page: 1

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: October 19, 2006, 01:17:48 AM

I have just watched this preseason game from last year in which we beat them 38-14. I'm  happy for the excitement that his signing has brought but if he plays anything like he did in that game, he will be benched here also. One play that caught my eye was when we punted to him in the first quarter. Coverage was good but he caught the ball and sprinted east-west and out of bounds. He did not even try to get any yards and it looked like he didn't want to get hit. He was replaced on the next opportunity. Another play was when Simms scrambled and hit Will Heller near the goal line. PB and another guy had the angle, the other guy made an effort to tackle but PB just sort of braced himself ( I guess he closed his eyes ) and whiffed badly. There were other plays in which he did not look good  ??? but I hope he turns it around. Based on what I've seen though...I'm not expecting too much. If he does something good then it will be a plus!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 19, 2006, 01:20:10 AM

I have just watched this preseason game from last year in which we beat them 38-14. I'm am happy for the excitement that his signing has brought but if he plays anything like he did in that game, he will be benched here also. One play that caught my eye was when we punted to him in the first quarter. Coverage was good but he caught the ball and sprinted east-west and out of bounds. He did not even try to get any yards and it looked like he didn't want to get hit. He was replaced on the next opportunity. Another play was when Simms scrambled and hit Will Heller near the goel line. PB and another guy had the angle, the other guy made an effort to tackle but PB just sort of braced himself ( I guess he closed his eyes ) and whiffed badly. There were other plays that he did not look good on but I hope he turns it around. Based on what I've seen though...I'm not expecting too much. If he does something good then it will be a plus!

So he's a bed wetting mamas boy...

Err...wait a minute.  Wrong commercial.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 19, 2006, 01:33:58 AM

I was also watching that game and could not help but notice the number of players that we had, that are no longer on the team. Russell, Watson, Patrick, Cooper, Rubin, Heller, Cook (and I think that we miss him)etc... Bradley looked like a beast, better than Bryant, and gets a push. I also think that with his running ability, we need to use Graham in certain situations. He deserves some touches. Blue Adams should get some time at nickel with Bolden. Hell, if Bolden makes that fourth down play, in the fouth quarter of the Saints game, that would be in the win column. It was where Brees threw swing pass to Bush on the sideline. He had nowhere to go with Bolden in front of him. Five or six yards from the sticks and he just put his head down and ran over Bolden, who tried to tackle high as usual. To me that was the biggest play of the game.

LA BUC

Starter

#3 : October 19, 2006, 02:35:44 AM

If a Buc picked off a pass I don't think he could make it to the end zone not any more. Maybe getting speed type guys back there will help . We need speed.

coopsxx

Starter
#4 : October 19, 2006, 07:28:27 AM

yeh  he is an awful coverage cb, but he is a great punt returner.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 19, 2006, 07:40:35 AM

So what? This is a bad signing, for which we gave up SQUAT, because a poster watches a pre-season game played on 2005?
Come on. The kid has 7 TD's from INT's and punt returns. Case for the signing freaking CLOSED!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 19, 2006, 09:35:06 AM

let me ask would you want to play all out for the texans, please i think not . this guy has speed and that what we lack

#7 : October 19, 2006, 10:04:51 AM

So what? This is a bad signing, for which we gave up SQUAT, because a poster watches a pre-season game played on 2005?
Come on. The kid has 7 TD's from INT's and punt returns. Case for the signing freaking CLOSED!

Agreed.  He's the best return man on our roster.  We gave up nothing to get him and will pay him under $600,000 this year.  No risk, high potential reward.  If he DOES play any CB, that would be icing.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 19, 2006, 10:13:27 AM

Isn't he signed as a returner and a last resort DB?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 19, 2006, 10:21:02 AM

One play that caught my eye was when we punted to him in the first quarter. Coverage was good but he caught the ball and sprinted east-west and out of bounds. He did not even try to get any yards and it looked like he didn't want to get hit.

not defending him, but i wouldn't wanna take an unnecessary hit for the texans in preseason either...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 19, 2006, 12:36:46 PM

Never said that it was a bad signing and I'm just stating the facts from the game. Did you see the game? You probably have never seen the kid play. I hope you're right, you poster you! If not, don't be posting bad crap about him! You haven't seen him play and you are just going off of what you've read...CLOSE THAT!

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 19, 2006, 12:42:49 PM

If a Buc picked off a pass I don't think he could make it to the end zone not any more. Maybe getting speed type guys back there will help . We need speed.
Um, yeah they could.  CB's are younger than DB and he ran one back against ATL that was called back on a call that was worse than the roughing against the Bengals last week.
Gawd they aren't ready for the nursing home yet...

Garv

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 19, 2006, 01:44:58 PM

Never said that it was a bad signing and I'm just stating the facts from the game. Did you see the game? You probably have never seen the kid play. I hope you're right, you poster you! If not, don't be posting bad crap about him! You haven't seen him play and you are just going off of what you've read...CLOSE THAT!

LOL OK, after watching a tape of a pre-season game played in 2005 You know far better than anyone. I defer to your expert opinion based on...........NOTHING!
It's a good signing with no risk whatsoever. Case closed, like or understand it.......or not.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 19, 2006, 02:50:56 PM

LOL OK, after watching a tape of a pre-season game played in 2005 You know far better than anyone. I defer to your expert opinion based on...........NOTHING!
It's a good signing with no risk whatsoever. Case closed, like or understand it.......or not.

LMAO! WAAAAHHHH!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 19, 2006, 02:57:58 PM

Of course it is a good signing.  Not looking for him to play DB, but if he does it is a bonus.  Not looking for him to take big hits, looking for him to run back without getting hit hard.  He cost next to nothing, both Gruden and Allen know him, I suspect his addition was not on a whim and thought is he can help the bucs.

Of course you could be right TB2, but for now let's see if he performs better for the bucs in practice and on the field.  Not like there are a ton of better choices running around to fill the slot.  Jeez.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs. Texans 2005 Preseason...PB was painful to watch « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools