Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: official good/bad Garcia signing thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 04, 2007, 10:35:54 PM

I like the Garcia signing-- now we need some defensive players that can make an impact.

#31 : March 04, 2007, 10:39:50 PM

Not going to help.
Exactly.

Of course it is going to help.  How can having an experienced veteran WCO QB on the roster NOT help.   ???

Good move, because there wasn't any better options out there.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 04, 2007, 10:41:52 PM

I think this will turn out to be the best offense we have seen under gruden.  I am not speaking for the overall success of the team, because I think the D is going to blow, but I do think youll see the offense finally take off.  And that is simply due to the fact we have a QB who is actually suited to run our offense. 

With that said, its about time the offense fckunging took off.  I think the team will struggle to have a winning record, but I do believe the offense will be much improved.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#33 : March 04, 2007, 10:45:36 PM

I think this will turn out to be the best offense we have seen under gruden.

Well that bar is set freaking low my friend.   :(

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 04, 2007, 10:47:18 PM

And next year? 2008?

What possible negative impact would Garcia have on '08?  Other than costing Simms time practicing throwing interceptions?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 04, 2007, 10:47:32 PM

Love it! Combines Bruce's ability to run for first downs with every other QBs...well...ability to throw

#36 : March 04, 2007, 10:49:25 PM

My thoughts.....

http://www.nflfans.com/buccaneers1/article.php?story=2007030400102492

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 04, 2007, 10:49:36 PM

I think this will turn out to be the best offense we have seen under gruden. I am not speaking for the overall success of the team, because I think the D is going to blow, but I do think youll see the offense finally take off. And that is simply due to the fact we have a QB who is actually suited to run our offense.

With that said, its about time the offense fckunging took off. I think the team will struggle to have a winning record, but I do believe the offense will be much improved.
I wouldnt go that far.  It will be very hard to beat the 2002 offense. The key will be the blocking up front so unless the o-line suddenly learns to block the offense will continue to struggle.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 04, 2007, 11:21:37 PM

where are all the negative posters?

blowing smoke out their ass in the other threads, but afraid to man up in this one?

put it on record or stfu!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : March 04, 2007, 11:22:04 PM

And next year? 2008?

What possible negative impact would Garcia have on '08? Other than costing Simms time practicing throwing interceptions?
Garcia's age? He can't play that much longer.

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 04, 2007, 11:29:05 PM

And next year? 2008?

What possible negative impact would Garcia have on '08? Other than costing Simms time practicing throwing interceptions?

And that affects '08 HOW?  Really, how?  Nobody thinks he's playing for 5 years.  If anything he makes a QB draft MORE likely.  Or would that set us back in developing the future HOF'er Chris Simms?  Tell me this about more than Chris, please tell me that. 

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 04, 2007, 11:35:23 PM

I see Garcia as a way of helping Gradkowski learn to run this offense, if Gruden happens to stay.  Of course if the team doesnt improve then thats a moot point.  I see this signing as a way of trying to get more wins and prepare Gradkowski to take over at some point. With the way the o-line has performed in the past, a mobile qb can buy more time and hopefully enough brains to throw it away when he needs to. We really havent seen Gruden with a qb of this calibur. Brad was good as far being  a leader and mental ability to run the team.  Garcia is that with an arm and mobility. He's like getting Brad and Rob in the same guy. I wish he was 29 instead of 37, but sometimes the mental abilty and leadership comes with age. Now if we could just get some players around him that can play.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#42 : March 04, 2007, 11:52:34 PM

Gradsuckski will never start again.

gone

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 04, 2007, 11:54:52 PM

And next year? 2008?

And that affects '08 HOW?  Really, how?  Nobody thinks he's playing for 5 years.  If anything he makes a QB draft MORE likely.  Or would that set us back in developing the future HOF'er Chris Simms?  Tell me this about more than Chris, please tell me that. 

an you respond with

Gradsuckski will never start again.

We're gonna have to start charging interest on your cred Karen....

wildbuc99

Rookie

#44 : March 04, 2007, 11:56:23 PM

Good depth/insurance. I still am pulling for Simms though..

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: official good/bad Garcia signing thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools