Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Bryant With Brown Is The Right Move « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 09, 2010, 08:50:15 PM

If you think Brown was signed to replace Bryant as our #1 reciever, you have absolutely no clue as to what is going on.

Draft Aaron Donald

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 09, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

I dont think the OP was being serious.
if he is, he is being blind.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 09, 2010, 08:52:17 PM

Actually Brown is more of a replacement for Clayton

and this is my hope...  one guy that has a chance, doesn't cost a mint and allows us to trade clayton to seattle or cleveland.

Sweet baby Jesus... let this be true!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 09, 2010, 08:52:44 PM

i love the argument we are getting younger...yet they keep hovan. Miller is now being compared to sapp. SO CUT HOVAN.
I am sure that ELBERT MACK is a clone of RHONDE BARBER so cut barber......

LOL, do you honestly know how to spell anyone's name on this team correctly?

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 09, 2010, 08:54:34 PM

do you get the jist of my post? ronde roooonde who care.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 09, 2010, 08:56:56 PM

jist how? Saying Mack is as good as Barber is hilarious.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 09, 2010, 08:58:29 PM

I am not saying it....MY point is they got rid of bryant because of his age....so where the cutting of hovan and barber?

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : March 09, 2010, 09:11:41 PM

I believe the Bucs made this move with the hopes of letting a combination of veteran players and rookies (I think the Bucs will draft 2 WRs) battle for the starting jobs.  If nothing else, a guy like Brown or Bradley really step up in the pre-season and it allows us to cut Clayton.  That is why I had no problem with this move because it was a low risk, high reward type of signing, just like Wilkerson a couple of years back.  Now, if Dominik could somehow trade for Brandon Marshall and blow my whole theory out of the water, I have absolutely no problem with that!!

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 09, 2010, 09:13:18 PM

he couldnt beat out a first and 2nd year rec. in philly..... and he is going to be beat out two rookies and make us better? LMAO!

kbl11

Starter

#24 : March 09, 2010, 09:37:18 PM

you are smoking crack if you think Brown "replaces" Bryant, or even that the FO made that move in an attempt to replace our #1 WR. what a joke

Brown just adds depth to a terrible group of WRs. Good move, but not in anyway even an attempt at replacing Bryants role

BucsMagic64

Starter

#25 : March 10, 2010, 01:51:37 AM

The Bucs traded for Brown to add depth, at best he's the #2 WR this season.

I see him as the #3 though.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 10, 2010, 02:17:05 AM

Not sure fans can look at the Brown trade as the team replacing Bryant. It comes down to building depth at the back end of the 53 man roster, while providing competition for guys like Stovall, Stroughter and Clayton. I personally feel the team is not so much looking for a true number one this year, but rather a production by committee approach hoping that they will get better production from a more balanced receiving corps then by having one elite player and a bunch of average players.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 10, 2010, 02:28:26 AM

. I personally feel the team is not so much looking for a true number one this year, but rather a production by committee approach hoping that they will get better production from a more balanced receiving corps then by having one elite player and a bunch of average players.

Even "a bunch of average players" would be a reach for this team right now.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 10, 2010, 02:47:32 AM

Cyber - Not that the Bucs have average receivers by some of the fans expectations. But based on not having a young quarterback having to force feed a receiver with a huge ego the football on every passing down it should allow for a more productive and free flowing passing attack.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

BucsMagic64

Starter

#29 : March 10, 2010, 03:04:20 AM

I could tell the OP was sarcastic when I read and saw him say Bryant isn't known for athletic grabs...lol.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Bryant With Brown Is The Right Move « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools