Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Bryant With Brown Is The Right Move « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 10, 2010, 06:34:58 AM

Not sure fans can look at the Brown trade as the team replacing Bryant. It comes down to building depth at the back end of the 53 man roster, while providing competition for guys like Stovall, Stroughter and Clayton. I personally feel the team is not so much looking for a true number one this year, but rather a production by committee approach hoping that they will get better production from a more balanced receiving corps then by having one elite player and a bunch of average players.
where is the production from any of these recievers? AT ANY POINT IN THE LAST 5 years?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 10, 2010, 07:00:45 AM

At times it is difficult to separate stupidity from sarcasm on any message board. This was obvious sarcasm by a Bryant supporter. It serves no real purpose since Bryant is history. Brown is a Buccaneer now and just the first of several changes in our receiving corps. He brings experience and an upgrade in the talent level. He also brings some questions about his durability, but he is not loaded down with character issues. If he can stay healthy, he can help this team win some games. A change of scenery may be just what he needs. It worked for Bryant. Nobody wanted him. He signed on with the Bucs at league minimum and got a huge raise last year, then got shown the door. Situations change. Brown won't be a superstar for the Bucs, but he does have the ability to contribute something. That's more than we can say for Clayton, and that's who I see Brown replacing.

BTW, I live north of Philly and have been exposed to some of what goes on with the fleagles. The combination of injuries and quality competition made Brown expendable. I hope he makes them regret that decision.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 10, 2010, 07:05:22 AM

At times it is difficult to separate stupidity from sarcasm on any message board. This was obvious sarcasm by a Bryant supporter. It serves no real purpose since Bryant is history. Brown is a Buccaneer now and just the first of several changes in our receiving corps. He brings experience and an upgrade in the talent level. He also brings some questions about his durability, but he is not loaded down with character issues. If he can stay healthy, he can help this team win some games. A change of scenery may be just what he needs. It worked for Bryant. Nobody wanted him. He signed on with the Bucs at league minimum and got a huge raise last year, then got shown the door. Situations change. Brown won't be a superstar for the Bucs, but he does have the ability to contribute something. That's more than we can say for Clayton, and that's who I see Brown replacing.

BTW, I live north of Philly and have been exposed to some of what goes on with the fleagles. The combination of injuries and quality competition made Brown expendable. I hope he makes them regret that decision.
this is simply not supported. EITHER IN PRODUCTION OR from circumstance.

#33 : March 10, 2010, 08:42:38 AM

I am not saying it....MY point is they got rid of bryant because of his age....so where the cutting of hovan and barber?

If I'm the GM, I'm not cutting or trading these guys until I know I've got their replacement through the draft (Hovan moreso than Barber.)

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

you mean like they did with brooks? and galloway.......I thought miller was going to be a stud? THEY HAVE hovans replacement in miller.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 10, 2010, 08:57:31 AM

Come on guys it's just a huge coincidence Bryant is in the process of joining his fourth team in five seasons.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 10, 2010, 08:59:25 AM

Come on guys it's just a huge coincidence Bryant is in the process of joining his fourth team in five seasons.
it is then A HUGE COINCIdence that bucs have spent the least amount of ACTUAL money over the last 6 years?

#37 : March 10, 2010, 09:03:45 AM

Smoker - I wonder if you are just taking the opposite stance of EVERY discussion.

What's that mean?   

I hope you don't say something stupid like 'educating us' poor ole silly buc fans.

Who's your team?

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 10, 2010, 09:07:20 AM

Smoker - I wonder if you are just taking the opposite stance of EVERY discussion.

What's that mean?

I hope you don't say something stupid like 'educating us' poor ole silly buc fans.

Who's your team?
lmao! now I am a troll right?
Here is my position the bucs dont have a clue....literally and and are cheap.
 and their is nothing to suggest different

#39 : March 10, 2010, 09:52:10 AM

Never said you were a troll, but you are wearing some major blinders.

(and you did not say you were a buc fan btw...)

You also use a lot of infinitives "never" "ever" "nothing" "anything".   "Nothing" is set in stone as much as you appear to believe, but hey - that's your opinion.

Some of the kids will chitchat with ya for a while, but you're not helping yourself in having  football
discussions...

'sayin.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 10, 2010, 09:55:22 AM

i wouldnt be here if I wasnt a fan. If everybody agreed with me? their would be no conversation.
I am not the one  wearing blinder. look at the arguments being made. THEY MAKE NO SENSE. THey only make sense if you are lacking in real football knowledge.....

bait619

Starter

#41 : March 10, 2010, 10:16:36 AM

you don't portray yourself as a wealth of football knowledge...actually, your style of posting makes you seem clueless regardless of what you are saying and how true it is

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 10, 2010, 10:18:12 AM

I dont give two f---s about what somebody thinks of my style.  I know da- well more than most everybody here.

#43 : March 10, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

So, I'm glad you're a fan.

It's being said to you in a couple threads now.   Your level of activity on the board is great and passionate.  

The judgemental crap "i know more than you" type stuff gets you ignored around here,  if you're looking for that type of attention.  www.buccaneers.com
will certainly give you that...

Play nice, debate intelligently...   CAPS, assessing anothers football knowledge are weak.   If you know alot, share it, educate peeps...  agree to disagree.

'sayin.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#44 : March 10, 2010, 10:19:55 AM

its not getting ignored.....they just put out personal attacks.......I would love somebody to actually refute what I have said.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Bryant With Brown Is The Right Move « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools