Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 09, 2010, 10:00:13 PM

A new No. 1 in SN's mock draft: Bradford may be best option for rebuilding Rams

Ndamukong Suh is the best player in the draft, but he could slip to No. 3 because franchise quarterbacks are tough to find, and because of some maneuvers in free agency. Sporting News draft expert Russ Lande and his team of former NFL scouts project the first round:

1. Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma. Bradford's shoulder is expected to check out just fine. If it does, the Rams shouldn't pass on the only franchise QB in the 2010 draft.

2. Lions: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State. Passing on Suh would be tough, but the defensive line is solid after trading for tackle Corey Williams and signing end Kyle Vanden Bosch. The better move would be to grab QB Matthew Stafford's blindside protector.

3. Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska. Bucs officials will consider trading up, but if Bradford's shoulder is OK it wouldn't be a shocker to see Suh drop to No. 3.

.4. Redskins: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma. New coach Mike Shanahan would prefer a QB here but will have to settle for retired left tackle Chris Samuels' replacement.

5. Chiefs: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee. Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy would be tempting, but he doesn't fit their scheme. GM Scott Pioli instead should nab the athletic and versatile Berry.

The rest of the top half:

6. Seahawks: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
7. Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8. Raiders: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
9. Bills: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
10. Jaguars: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
11. Broncos: Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern
12. Dolphins: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
13. 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
14. Seahawks: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
15. Giants: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
16. Titans: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 09, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

A new No. 1 in SN's mock draft: Bradford may be best option for rebuilding Rams

Ndamukong Suh is the best player in the draft, but he could slip to No. 3 because franchise quarterbacks are tough to find, and because of some maneuvers in free agency. Sporting News draft expert Russ Lande and his team of former NFL scouts project the first round:

1. Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma. Bradford's shoulder is expected to check out just fine. If it does, the Rams shouldn't pass on the only franchise QB in the 2010 draft.

2. Lions: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State. Passing on Suh would be tough, but the defensive line is solid after trading for tackle Corey Williams and signing end Kyle Vanden Bosch. The better move would be to grab QB Matthew Stafford's blindside protector.

3. Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska. Bucs officials will consider trading up, but if Bradford's shoulder is OK it wouldn't be a shocker to see Suh drop to No. 3.
I couldn't agree more with this.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 09, 2010, 10:02:52 PM

If only this were true.

If only.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 09, 2010, 10:03:42 PM

If only this were true.

If only.
44 days or so and we'll see what happens.
Gotta good feeling this will happen though.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#4 : March 09, 2010, 10:09:31 PM

Spikes before McClain??? Even with no workouts McClain's tape alone puts him near the top 10. After the top 10 this thing seems way off.

CHRISHOVAN

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 10, 2010, 12:11:39 AM

I have never seen Demaryius Thomas go that high before. I thought he was a mid to late 2nd round kind of guy.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 10, 2010, 12:22:43 AM

Spikes before McClain??? Even with no workouts McClain's tape alone puts him near the top 10. After the top 10 this thing seems way off.

Surprise to me. I thought Spikes was viewed as a throwback, bigger/slower kind of guy. I have my doubts.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#7 : March 10, 2010, 12:28:32 AM

Talib 25,
I think 12 might be a bit high but wouldnt surprise me at all to see him go in Round 1. He averaged 25 yards/catch in college last season and has size/speed combo that projects him to be a potential #1 WR as opposed to a complementary wideout. Big upside. Will prob put up solid #s at his Pro day too which will further excite people. He is the guy that I want Bucs to get at 2a but I doubt he gets by Texans, Bengals, Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys, and Jets in Round 1 and the Rams and Lions in Round 2. In other words, I think he gets taken before our 2a pick..

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 10, 2010, 01:28:12 AM

I just refuse to get my hopes up for this kind of scenario.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 10, 2010, 02:26:30 AM

There have been quite a few poster speculating the above mock scenario for a few weeks now. Based on what the Lions did in fee agency and the Rams picking up Robbins it could become a reality come April 22. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 10, 2010, 02:31:06 AM

I thought a few weeks ago,  we didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of landing Suh.     Its starting to look like we might have a shot.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 10, 2010, 06:36:36 AM

DETROIT WILL NOT PASS ON SUH.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#12 : March 10, 2010, 08:06:12 AM

I hope this happens, this would be a blessing for the Bucs as a franchise if that were to play out. Get the best DT prospect since Sapp would create some buzz through out the fan base.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 10, 2010, 08:08:30 AM

NOBODY, mayock, kiper, or landry thinks suh is a better fit for the bucs than Mccoy.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#14 : March 10, 2010, 08:19:27 AM

These guys were not watching the same combine as I was if they think McCoy is a better overall DT prospect than Suh. Suh dominated every drill and was technically sound, McCoy on the otherhand ran a fast 40 and looked uncoordinated in every other drill. These are the same guru's that had the Bucs taking Eric Berry a SAFETY at #3!!! So all the guru's changed their opinions from the Bucs taking the best available player to taking the best fit...? After what McCoy did at the combine? Give me a break, Suh fits any scheme in the NFL. For the life of me I dont see how this is even an arguement...

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools