Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 10, 2010, 08:22:56 AM

when do football run 40 yards in straight line? bench?  do they play football or drills?
You are losing of what is important. GAMES PLAYED...which is what everybody is basing those rankings on.

kjbugman

Starter

#16 : March 10, 2010, 08:27:26 AM

All i know is, if suh is seen as going #3 to us i am HAPPY

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 10, 2010, 08:28:48 AM

you will be disappointed when he is not the play YOU THINK HE IS....and wont make him a bad player.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#18 : March 10, 2010, 08:29:31 AM

And Suh played in more of them than McCoy and at a higher level. Bench press asses strength which is a pretty vital asset if you want to play DT and so is being fundamenatlly sound, and McCoy is/was less impressive than Suh in both categories.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 10, 2010, 08:31:37 AM

again when is bench displayed in football? Nobody other than fans thinks suh is a better fit for the buc. NOBODY.
now who is playing know it all.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 10, 2010, 08:33:17 AM

to top all of that? you need to explain how sapp was the game changer of the last 20 year and never worked out. and bragged about it.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 10, 2010, 08:44:38 AM

McCoy will be the better fit for Tampa in my opinion, but I still say if you have the opportunity to get a player like Suh, you do not hesitate.

McCoy played the 1 gap, 3 technique and I think plays with better lower leverage to get penetration than does Suh. Even with this observation, I still believe Suh should be the choice if we are blessed with the situation of choosing between the two.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 10, 2010, 08:48:48 AM

McCoy will be the better fit for Tampa in my opinion, but I still say if you have the opportunity to get a player like Suh, you do not hesitate.

McCoy played the 1 gap, 3 technique and I think plays with better lower leverage to get penetration than does Suh. Even with this observation, I still believe Suh should be the choice if we are blessed with the situation of choosing between the two.
you just proved you know nothing about football......you cannot sit their type what you wrote and then support suh.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#23 : March 10, 2010, 08:50:13 AM

to top all of that? you need to explain how sapp was the game changer of the last 20 year and never worked out. and bragged about it.

yeah that's why teams passed on him cause he had an attitude problem and had off the field issues, NOBODY EVER questioned Sapp's talent.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 10, 2010, 08:51:49 AM

yet those workout numbers were the difference.....his attitude was not the issue...a failed drug test rumor is what shot him down the board....otherwise he was the CONSENSUS NUMBER 1 pick that year.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 10, 2010, 09:17:21 AM

you just proved you know nothing about football......you cannot sit their type what you wrote and then support suh.

You could argue I have a flaw in logic surely (which I would obviously challenge), but to say I know nothing about football is going a little bit overboard. I obviously know a thing or two, but I am not claiming to be an ESPN analyst. I am just some random Buccaneer fan who has a keyboard.

Reasons why I prefer Suh to McCoy (In Order of importance to me)
1) Suh's Character (Attitude, Motivation, and Leadership)
2) Suh's play on the field (His technique, the way he commands double teams, the way he collapses a pocket, how he finds a way to get pressure)
3) Suh's statistics (While not everything, its something to show for what he has done. Almost getting there just doesn't cut it for me)
4) Combine numbers (It is good to know he possesses the raw talent)

Now, am I suggesting McCoy doesn't possess leadership qualities or doesn't have statistics, or didn't have a great combine performance, absolutely not. I simply believe Suh will be superior at the next level to McCoy based on these qualities I have listed.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 10, 2010, 09:21:37 AM

read your post I quoted.....then look at your last post....you openly contradict yourself. You cannot say what you say about mccoy in the quoted above statement then say you preferr......what you said about mccoy is the definition of how you are suppose to play football. and you know about leadership from mccoy how?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 10, 2010, 09:29:43 AM

again when is bench displayed in football? Nobody other than fans thinks suh is a better fit for the buc. NOBODY.
now who is playing know it all.

when is the bench displayed? Every snap for a dlineman. Ever heard of a bull rush? Upper body strength plays a big role in getting olinemen off balance.

Also, most draft "experts" have suh ranked above McCoy. That's why he's picked before McCoy in nearly every single mock draft. 90% must equal nobody huh? Now who's playing know nothing?

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 10, 2010, 09:31:08 AM

so then we should draft the kid from georgia got up 44...not suh.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 10, 2010, 09:34:55 AM

McCoy is a better fit for Tampa, in the regard that he is accustomed to playing the scheme. Suh on the other hand is the consensus BPA in the entire draft and grades out well in the scheme. A lot of sources which I provided in an earlier post believe Suh will have no troubles with a one gap system.

When you look at how the Buccaneers want to adapt their scheme to new players, getting bigger and stronger, players like Suh fit that mold more so than McCoy does. Getting bigger and stronger seems to be a motto, even post-Bates. Even so, I would be happy with either player as I think McCoy will also be great the next level.

Again, as my prior post suggested, I am not questioning McCoy's leadership qualities. As a fan, you see leadership on the field. You see players rallying around those who make a difference. I really feel like the entire Nebraska team relied on Suh as a leader, I saw this on and off the field whether watching a game, a highlight reel, or an interview.

Am I in a position to professionally grade someone's leadership, hell no. Honestly, I don't think a lot of NFL teams are in that position. I think you have to be a player on the field with him to truly understand the power of his leadership.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sporting News Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools