Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

BP1

Pro Bowler

: March 04, 2007, 08:28:05 PM

In reading the board over the past week I have to ask something that bothers me a little about some people on here who call themselves Bucs fans. They bad mouth everything the coach and GM do. I'm wondering when the season starts do they hope the team loses to make their opinions right, or do they cheer for the team to win and forget about their ego? If you listen to what they say on here it looks like they want the team to fail just so we can get a new coach and GM. I'm not gunna say I agree with everything the team does, but I can tell you come Sunday I will blow out your ears cheering for the Pewter and Red. I love the Bucs no matter who is wearing the colors. I really wonder about some of you on here. GO BUCS!!!!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2007, 08:42:21 PM

go bucs!!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 04, 2007, 08:42:38 PM

I wonder, too.

I have a friend who supposedly is a Knicks fan but he constantly bad mouths the team and says they
will go nowhere this year. So, in one of his emails the other day, he says, "Last night, I was watching
the Knicks and really rooting for them."

And I wrote him back and said, "Really? I root for them every night. What kind of fan are you?"

We have a $20 bet that they will get/not get to 30 wins. He lets this cloud his judgement and
his ego wants to be right. So I think he roots against the team.

Only time I did that was when we sucked back in the Dilfer days and I wanted Dilfer out. So
I was ok with a loss if it meant another QB. Looking back, it was a stupid thought on my
part.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : March 04, 2007, 08:45:54 PM

Yeah people do always want to be right. With that said, you should never cheer against your team. A lot of the Bucs fans seem to be really fairweather. The recent numbers on the board have just increased that. It's unfortunate but it's life.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 04, 2007, 08:49:35 PM

I have a simple philosophy. I root for the Bucs, work the grill every chance I get, hopefully get good pasta or potato salad to go with it. If they win, the food tastes that much better. But I don't root against them. I'm not sure that they're fairweather so much as conditional. Life isn't that way. You take the W's any way you can get them. You can't dictate the terms very often. THAT is the definition of hubris.

In Verner We Trust

scope88

Starter

#5 : March 04, 2007, 09:04:55 PM

I was not a fan of Garcia, but simply because now he is a Buc, I will support him.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 04, 2007, 10:41:20 PM

I was not a fan of Garcia, but simply because now he is a Buc, I will support him.

That is what I'm talking about. When we played against Garcia in the playoffs I was like "Kill Him!" all during the game. Now he is on the Bucs I want him to win in the playoffs. I might be crazy, but this is being a true fan of a team. You might not agree with the signing, but now he is here pull for him to succeed. The same is true with Gruden. You might not agree with the way he runs the team, but on Sunday you need to pull for the team to win.

#7 : March 04, 2007, 10:42:33 PM

That is what I'm talking about. When we played against Garcia in the playoffs I was like "Kill Him!" all during the game. Now he is on the Bucs I want him to win in the playoffs. I might be crazy, but this is being a true fan of a team. You might not agree with the signing, but now he is here pull for him to succeed. The same is true with Gruden. You might not agree with the way he runs the team, but on Sunday you need to pull for the team to win.
I always knew you were the morbid type ;)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2007, 10:43:19 PM

ditto!

I do think that some here do want to see the team fail.

Baghead #2

#9 : March 04, 2007, 10:44:34 PM

In reading the board over the past week I have to ask something that bothers me a little about some people on here who call themselves Bucs fans. They bad mouth everything the coach and GM do. I'm wondering when the season starts do they hope the team loses to make their opinions right, or do they cheer for the team to win and forget about their ego? If you listen to what they say on here it looks like they want the team to fail just so we can get a new coach and GM. I'm not gunna say I agree with everything the team does, but I can tell you come Sunday I will blow out your ears cheering for the Pewter and Red. I love the Bucs no matter who is wearing the colors. I really wonder about some of you on here. GO BUCS!!!!

AMEN.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 04, 2007, 10:45:23 PM

Things that frustrate me the most in when people say stuff such as "well hes too old for us or he doesnt fit the system" after the team brings him in for the interview or signs them and I just want to say your obviously wrong because well...the team signed them...I dont know if that made sense but do you know what I mean?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 04, 2007, 10:45:28 PM

ra-ra! sissboomba!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#12 : March 04, 2007, 10:48:23 PM

ra-ra! sissboomba!
LOL check your PM

BP1

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 04, 2007, 10:51:18 PM

I always knew you were the morbid type ;)

I might be sweet during the week, but on Bucs Sunday I can be just as evil as the next. lol

#14 : March 04, 2007, 10:51:53 PM

I've wondered this for months, which is part of the reason I rarely post anymore.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools