Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#30 : March 04, 2007, 11:35:28 PM

Things that frustrate me the most in when people say stuff such as "well hes too old for us or he doesnt fit the system" after the team brings him in for the interview or signs them and I just want to say your obviously wrong because well...the team signed them...I dont know if that made sense but do you know what I mean?

I think there are some people on message boards who think they know more about football than those who have a job running a team for a living.
Pssh didn't you know they all passed on the job?
[/quot
Things that frustrate me the most in when people say stuff such as "well hes too old for us or he doesnt fit the system" after the team brings him in for the interview or signs them and I just want to say your obviously wrong because well...the team signed them...I dont know if that made sense but do you know what I mean?

I think there are some people on message boards who think they know more about football than those who have a job running a team for a living.

I must have missed that when I was trying out as PK when Martin was cut. lol
Ouch, well Jon Gruden is only looking for a cheap fix that's why. ;)

BP1

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 04, 2007, 11:47:38 PM

[/quot

Just for fun I tried FG kicking with some of the guys up here on the football team. Some of my first kicks were a little low and off the mark. After many tries, I was making a few at 35 yrds out. I don't think that was bad for a first try. Of course I'm sure it is much different when you have guys who are 6-5 trying to block up the middle. lol

gone

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 04, 2007, 11:50:21 PM

[/quot

Just for fun I tried FG kicking with some of the guys up here on the football team. Some of my first kicks were a little low and off the mark. After many tries, I was making a few at 35 yrds out. I don't think that was bad for a first try. Of course I'm sure it is much different when you have guys who are 6-5 trying to block up the middle. lol

They DO tend to get in the way...

#33 : March 04, 2007, 11:50:40 PM

I am not a great dead-ball kicker, but having been a goalie for a few years I could give most punters a run for their money.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 04, 2007, 11:53:40 PM

I kicked a guy in the nvts once and it sounded like they woulda been good from 61 and 63....

#35 : March 04, 2007, 11:57:05 PM

I've tried kicking FGs, I can safely say I'm never going to make a team as a kicker.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 04, 2007, 11:58:26 PM

I am not a great dead-ball kicker, but having been a goalie for a few years I could give most punters a run for their money.

mjs, I often wonder why some keepers never try to become NFL punters. I was watching the last WC and those guys were kicking the ball past the center line many times. Now i do understand the balls are not the same, but you never know.

#37 : March 04, 2007, 11:59:08 PM

Isn't that one rugby player now some team's kicker?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 05, 2007, 12:05:00 AM

The Raiders punter I think. BTW u never told us if you made any of the FG tries. : )

#39 : March 05, 2007, 12:06:34 AM

The Raiders punter I think. BTW u never told us if you made any of the FG tries. : )
Depends on what you mean when you say 'make'....through the crossbars? God no, long  / high enough? Nope, anywhere close? Not really...soccer players  / kickers / punters / ect. have a new found respect from me after my 3-5 tries of disaster.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 05, 2007, 12:11:30 AM

Depends on what you mean when you say 'make'....through the crossbars? God no, long / high enough? Nope, anywhere close? Not really...soccer players / kickers / punters / ect. have a new found respect from me after my 3-5 tries of disaster.

Please tell me you didn't kick with your toe? lmao

#41 : March 05, 2007, 12:12:06 AM

mjs, I often wonder why some keepers never try to become NFL punters. I was watching the last WC and those guys were kicking the ball past the center line many times. Now i do understand the balls are not the same, but you never know.

Past the center line, that would be a very short kick.  I have seen keepers in the EPL kick it to the edge of the opposing teams 18 yard line.  With the average pitch in the UK at around 115 yards long that would be a kick of about 75 yards.

#42 : March 05, 2007, 12:27:33 AM

Past the center line, that would be a very short kick. I have seen keepers in the EPL kick it to the edge of the opposing teams 18 yard line. With the average pitch in the UK at around 115 yards long that would be a kick of about 75 yards.

ahhhh.....mjs? I think the box is past the center line. lol

Edge of your box to the center line is only 40 yards, that is a short kick.  I haven't played for 20 years, and when I punt to my kid he goes two lots (160 feet/53 yards) down the street.  I have no problems getting it to him with lots of hangtime at that distance.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 05, 2007, 12:17:32 AM

Past the center line, that would be a very short kick.  I have seen keepers in the EPL kick it to the edge of the opposing teams 18 yard line.  With the average pitch in the UK at around 115 yards long that would be a kick of about 75 yards.

ahhhh.....mjs? I think the box is past the center line. lol

tonyflash

Starter

#44 : March 05, 2007, 09:41:17 AM

OK my thinking here is if you keep this up the Tampa Bay Storm will be giving you a call real soon. :P Hope all is well in Panther Country, BP.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools