Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 05, 2007, 01:06:03 PM

This move makes me a lot happier if I see signs that he's a bridge to a better place as opposed to being a 2 year band-aid that does nothing more than saves Gruden's job by getting us to 7-9 but there's nothing beyond that.

No question and your Quinn pick does make more sense now than it did before.

There is a zero point zero percent chance that we take a QB in the top 4.  Assuming we sign Pettigout, these moves are based around selecting CJ or a trade down for the DE's if CJ is gone.

You don't sign a 37 year old QB, and make him/Plummer your #1/1A priority in FA unless you have one agenda; win now.  He isn't signed as a back up, and he isn't signed as insurance.  He is signed to be the QB for what Gruden assumes will be a beefed up Oline and skill position set.

No FA WR's have been here, and we just let White go to Det.  This draft is all about pass rushers and offensive skill guys.  We wont be taking a QB high in this draft.   

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 05, 2007, 01:10:06 PM

It's not insane if your FO feels "insert name" is the best player available once the clock starts. It just makes more sense now that Garcia is signed, IMO.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 05, 2007, 01:11:10 PM

BP, there's a couple of girls around this area that are the kickers for their high school teams. Actually, they're pretty accurate from about 35 yards and in. May not be too long before you see a girl at a higher level kicking in a football game. Of course, none of them likely will look as good doing it as Kathy Ireland in "Necessary Roughness." :)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : March 05, 2007, 01:15:55 PM

Believe it or not some of us who are the biggest critics of moves that have been made go to every game & cheer like hell. I went to every game & cheered Grads & when I got home I cursed Jon for not taking him out. Being critic does not mean you don't love the team. It could mean you love the team so much you hate what has become of it. It's no suprise I am a Gator & cheer at every game, but I sure as hell was critical of Zook. I don't think it's right to question anybody's loyalty to the team. No way in hell do I want them to lose or fail, but realistically, it's very hard to see how it turns out well.

Funny you felt the need to post a rebuttal ??? ......no names were mentioned.
I know I'm considered a critic. You don't understand anything I said?
  Never once elevated you to a critic. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#64 : March 05, 2007, 01:44:51 PM

You don't sign a 37 year old QB, and make him/Plummer your #1/1A priority in FA unless you have one agenda; win now.  He isn't signed as a back up, and he isn't signed as insurance.  He is signed to be the QB for what Gruden assumes will be a beefed up Oline and skill position set.

Sure you do, because that guy let's you "win now" and the rookie QB let's you win 3-12 years from now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 05, 2007, 02:05:09 PM

If both CJ and JT are off the board we will find out soon enough if Quinn ends up a Buc or not.

#66 : March 05, 2007, 02:52:47 PM

Isn't that one rugby player now some team's kicker?

The Raiders punter I think. BTW u never told us if you made any of the FG tries. : )
Depends on what you mean when you say 'make'....through the crossbars? God no, long / high enough? Nope, anywhere close? Not really...soccer players / kickers / punters / ect. have a new found respect from me after my 3-5 tries of disaster.

Please tell me you didn't kick with your toe? lmao
Guilty.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 05, 2007, 04:22:46 PM

BP totally agree with you.  I think some ofo the people who may have valid criticisms frame their ideas in such negative language that it's an assault just to read them and try to make sense of them.  The others, some of them are just dying to be right about  something intheir life, at any cost and/or relish the attention even if it's negative.  I also saw disappointing fan reactions this year at some of the games...the defense several times when we were threatening tried to rally the crowd and everyone sat on their butts...that almost made me sick!  I understand how it feels when we're losing...I don't speak to anyone until about Wed. or Thurs after we lose a game...but when you're at the game...you give them your all...at least as far as I'm concerned.  If you go home hoarse, you did good IMHO.

I tried to kick ( I was a high school jock) and it hurt.  I didn't know you were suupposed to turn your foot and kick on the inside instep part.  I broke a toe.  The ball did make the distance.  It's too bad the goal post wasn't anywhere near around there!  lol [banghead]

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all the critics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools