Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Kevin Carter to Visit Bucs on Monday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: March 05, 2007, 09:02:31 AM

He's 13 years in the league. he's been a consistent 5-6 sack per year guy over the last 4. We don't have any DL depth right now. He might be as good as it gets but he's obviously not the future and he certainly doesn't change anything about draft priority anymore than Garcia does.

I'm sort of with Boid to the extent that we are once again rolling the old and busted crowd into town and I can't help but get Deese-ian shudders up and down my spine.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 05, 2007, 08:59:07 AM

Rice may not even be on the opening day roster for the 2007 season.
A year or two ago that seemed like it would be the case but the team has the money and as of right now only two NFL DE's on the roster. Even if Gaines Adams comes off at the #4 pick and Kevin Carter comes in, Rice is still worth keeping.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 04, 2007, 09:50:06 PM

Yeah, I'd be hardpressed to find a good angle to this one. So ya got me Karen and Corpsie. The web of negativity hath sucked me in!

In Verner We Trust

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2007, 09:49:08 PM

Great lets bring in another dinosaur, good idea. Oh its cheap and if its cheap you do whatever.

Get Carter outta here....

Baghead #2

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2007, 09:13:40 PM

Carter the Next Target

Free agent defensive end Kevin Carter, released by the Dolphins on Friday, will visit the Bucs Monday as Tampa Bay attempts to beef up a lackluster pass rush.

Carter's agent, Harold Lewis, said Tampa will be the former Pro Bowler's first, and hopefully last, visit.

"If the coaching (staff) and management like what they see and we can get a deal done, then I see no reason for him to take any other visits," Lewis said.

"They're one of the teams he's fascinated by the chance to play for."

One factor working in the Bucs' favor is that Carter, a former UF standout and native Floridian, would like to remain in the state. Other interested teams include the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans, though no other visits have been scheduled.

Lewis portrayed Carter as a player who would be an asset on and off the field.

"On the field, he's what they're looking for, but off the field, he'd be a great addition for them," Lewis said. "He's a great guy to have in the locker room, a guy who can mentor young players."

Carter's also a pretty formidable player. The two-time Pro Bowl selection has 97.5 career sacks and started 16 games for Miami in 2006 with 5.5 sacks. And he is renowned for his durability, having never missed a game in his 12 NFL seasons.

In 1999, as a member of the Rams, Carter posted a league-high 17 sacks -- the most by a Rams player since Jack Youngblood's 18 in 1979. If the Bucs reach a deal with Carter, it is unclear what that might mean for right defensive end Greg Spires. Carter also played RDE for Miami, plus Spires has a base salary of $4.5-million for 2007.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/

Depending on the the deal I wouldn't mind Carter at all.  I'm sure that's not the only way we're trying to fix the pass rush.  He's definately worth a look.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 04, 2007, 09:15:50 PM

I wonder if Carter can play UT... Can someone give me his weight and height

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 04, 2007, 09:16:55 PM

6-6, 305

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 04, 2007, 09:17:29 PM

6-6, 305
Really,perfect

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#8 : March 04, 2007, 09:18:53 PM

I like him for the simple fact we are trying to get bigger but not lose a step which he defanitely accomplishes, he could easily be interchanged between UT and DE, and possibly NT in PR situations.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 04, 2007, 09:19:06 PM

Good fit at a low price tag.

JC510

Practice Squad

#10 : March 04, 2007, 09:21:41 PM

He turns 34 in September. I don't know about this one.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 04, 2007, 09:21:55 PM

Would be a good signee, he would be the tallest person on our Defense

FireThemCannons

Second String

#12 : March 04, 2007, 09:22:59 PM

He's had 4 year with 10 plus sacks, he's old but durable. This could be a very nice signing.

JC510

Practice Squad

#13 : March 04, 2007, 09:25:20 PM

He hasn't a 10 sack season in 5 years.

#14 : March 04, 2007, 09:28:12 PM

at 34, he doesn't excite me.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Kevin Carter to Visit Bucs on Monday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools