Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Kevin Carter to Visit Bucs on Monday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2007, 09:45:18 PM

this another example of a guy we would have signed last year or the year before when we were in cap hell. why are we still shopping at the discount store?  first we bring in Newberry the center who hasn't played in three years and now Carter, who would perhaps be the oldest guy on our aging defense. Why? Cripes, the main problem with our defense is age so we bring in a guy in his mid 30s who hasn't sniffed double digit sacks since Clinton was in office. 

FireThemCannons

Second String

#16 : March 04, 2007, 09:29:51 PM

He could be a great mentor for any DE we draft this year, but i agree we need to get younger not older on Defense

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#17 : March 04, 2007, 09:31:42 PM

low budget contract will add great depht to d-line probably would start and never been hurt i say good for 2 to 3 years and would be great mentor and will probably have more sacks then D.white this year.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2007, 09:33:28 PM

low budget contract will add great depht to d-line probably would start and never been hurt i say good for 2 to 3 years and would be great mentor and will probably have more sacks then D.white this year.

Probably not.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2007, 09:34:40 PM

Hopefully its a Garcia type deal contract. He sure will bumrush the hell out of tackles if he played DE

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#20 : March 04, 2007, 09:37:09 PM

Kevin Carter and Greg Spires can compete for the starting LE spot.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : March 04, 2007, 09:38:24 PM

the guy from what I've seen is in excellent shape and is a physical freak so his age doesnt concern me for a 1 to 2 year deal

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#22 : March 04, 2007, 09:39:07 PM

well we got to sign what we can get this year and as long as we dont break the bank then we will be ok.
next year we are 36 million under the cap and the following year we are 48 million under the cap. we will draft defense in the 2nd-a and 2nd-b and 4th round. there are no great free agents this year. hopefully we sign ken hamlin and maybe one more defender. that will be it. but the thing is we need to sign what we can get because we can contend for the nfc next year. notice i did not say in the 3rd round reason is hopefully we draft micheal bush.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2007, 09:51:59 PM

The only thing I can think is that they want to grab a DE vet prior to the draft to try and help the pass rush.  With the Franchising could Carter actually be one of the better DE's on the market?  YIKES!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 04, 2007, 09:53:22 PM

Who we gonna bring in next, Julio Franco? Ouch.

In Verner We Trust

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 04, 2007, 09:57:37 PM

Do us all a favor and check the DE rack (available players) before knocking the FO on this one skipper. There isn't much out there and Carter is actually intrigued by the possibility of playing here...one again stuff it 620 WDAWhores!

Hey how about we just don't pick him up then, draft a guy...

Waste money on a guy in his mid 30's just because ???

In the meantime there is a safety in Ken Hamlin that would be a much better acquisition. Sure it might even cost a little...

Baghead #2

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#26 : March 04, 2007, 09:55:18 PM

this another example of a guy we would have signed last year or the year before when we were in cap hell. why are we still shopping at the discount store? first we bring in Newberry the center who hasn't played in three years and now Carter, who would perhaps be the oldest guy on our aging defense. Why? Cripes, the main problem with our defense is age so we bring in a guy in his mid 30s who hasn't sniffed double digit sacks since Clinton was in office.

Do us all a favor and check the DE rack (available players) before knocking the FO on this one skipper. There isn't much out there and Carter is actually intrigued by the possibility of playing here...one again stuff it 620 WDAWhores!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 04, 2007, 09:55:56 PM

Hey my insiders told me there is a 26 year old safety by the name of Ken Hamlin. In the meantime on the scrap projects like Al Johnson and kevin Carter lets try to sign a guy that can come in and dramatically improve our secondary.

Instead of hoping coaching helps phillips and allen, how about we just get the sure thing in hamlin and let Morris coach him and have a pro bowler ???

Its just irresponsible to think that coaching can help Phillips and Allen. Phillips was a freaking WR in college! Neither one is proven player, just get Hamlin for christ sakes already. He is young and can help the team for the next 8 years and play at a very high level with or without coaching.

Baghead #2

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 04, 2007, 09:57:57 PM

Yeah, CVille, Hamlin's a guy I've wanted for a long time. Good player. Our two safeties are a long way from excellence.

In Verner We Trust

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 04, 2007, 09:58:07 PM

i dont need to check the FA rack Grudensfiya. there is nothing there, which is exactly why we shouldn't sign one just to sign one.  the DE draft class is deep and that is how we should address this need, not with a 34 year old journeymen hoping to play one last year in FL before he retires. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Kevin Carter to Visit Bucs on Monday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools