Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WE SHOULD SIGN A DE AND A SAFETY « previous next »
Page: 1

bucwillbback07

Practice Squad

: March 04, 2007, 10:28:09 PM

We have to more need's on the defense side of the ball.We need to ither sign DE  Carter or strongly go afther the best DE on the market and that's my boy P.Kerney.He will get to play ATL twice a year and put lot's of pressure on Vick and with my boy Simeon Rice this would be a nasty front four ,Id slide Spire's over to the UT postion on passing down's and slide my boy Hov to NT talk about pressure we should be back in the top 10 if this was to happen.We have the cap room to sign either Kerney or Carter to me Kerney would give us more than Carter,He has a good motor and can play the run just what we need so why are we not wanting to get this guy .Let's be honest D.White was never gonna be the guy that Simeon is and he showed that by just putting up only 5 sack's so Kerny to us would be a match made in heaven and we wouldn't need to draft another DE in the Draft and get another pressing need like a LB or DT or maybe CB.

So Sign a DE (P.Kerney)If he leave's the Hawk's without a contract bounce on him our famous 4-3 cover 2 will be scary as hell this year and team's will have to be forced to run on us so here is my part 2 of what else we need.

DT would be another key in our 4-3 cover 2 when team's run on us havent you noticed they run up the gut instead of the edge's because we have our boy Simeon and Brook's that are fast and they know we are small in the middle so they take advantage of it .To fix this we need to ither Sign DT Ian Scott or DT Traylor a run clogger on runing down's would fix this and we would get more sack's off the edge because he can take on the Guard and center and Simeon is runing wild.

We can get a Stud UT in the Draft but id say we need a Vetran at DT then get a rookie to sub in and out.

(SS) I like Phillip's but Will Allen is getting us killed back there so we need to fix this problem by signing
FA Ken Hamlin or Mike Doss both are good and a upgrade.Here is my Defense roster id put on the Field

DE(Rice)should have a great year id say 13 to 15 sack's
DE (Kerney)or Carter)Either one should get up about 8 to 10 sack's this year
DT(Hovan)Gonna be good again he's our best DT
DT-Spire's or a Rookie maybe a FA just dont see us signing one
RLB)Brook's he will have damn good year heard it here first
MLB )Harris if he sign's will be fast on Defense and little younger
LB) Niece
SS)Hamlin or Doss will work for me
SS)Phillips
LFCB)Kelly
RCB )Barber

Tell me what ya'll think please dont be harsh
D

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2007, 10:31:35 PM

(SS) I like Phillip's but Will Allen is getting us killed back there

I think that Jermain Phillips couldn't tackle jon gruden in the open field and neither could will allen. They both are suspect, big time. I just hope we are not counting on a coach to come in and magically make an ex college WR into a good SS.

Baghead #2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 04, 2007, 10:49:13 PM

(SS) I like Phillip's but Will Allen is getting us killed back there

I think that Jermain Phillips couldn't tackle jon gruden in the open field and neither could will allen. They both are suspect, big time. I just hope we are not counting on a coach to come in and magically make an ex college WR into a good SS.

Id rather have Phillips back there with a different FS then Allen back there with a new SS. Phillips is not the worse guy we could have back there.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2007, 10:49:44 PM

We will end up with Hamlin and Carter. I am praying June too.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2007, 10:50:37 PM

Id rather have Phillips back there with a different FS then Allen back there with a new SS. Phillips is not the worse guy we could have back there.

And imagine that...Ken Hamlin's primary position is FS... ;)

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 04, 2007, 10:51:49 PM

We will end up with Hamlin and Carter. I am praying June too.

I'm hoping, particulary for Hamlin.  IMO Hamlin is off the market, hopefully in Tampa, by Friday.

June has been very, very quite.  Haven't heard about trips or anything.  He played Brooks' position in Indy's D and might make a nice addition.

#6 : March 04, 2007, 10:52:36 PM

Our safeties will be fine if the D-line does it's job.  No safety can mark a receiver for longer than 5-7 seconds.  If you don't pressure the QB in that time a WR will get open because they are usually a lot more agile than a safety.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#7 : March 05, 2007, 12:59:30 AM

Our safeties will be fine if the D-line does it's job.  No safety can mark a receiver for longer than 5-7 seconds.  If you don't pressure the QB in that time a WR will get open because they are usually a lot more agile than a safety.

Very true MJS....  Lynch was a liability in coverage (still is),  but Sapp and Co. made him look better by putting constant heat on QB's.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 05, 2007, 01:05:44 AM

I am not ready at all to give up on Allen-- he was very good with D Jax out and helped solidify a #1 defense 2 short seasons ago and showed some ball hawk and serious hitting skills as well  If the DL gets fixed Raheem will have Allen back to the flashes we saw. Phillips has never shown any consistency.

I still say we need a vet back there like Hamlin though just in case but I would keep Allen and dish Phillips.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : March 05, 2007, 02:00:06 AM

Im hoping we sign Hamlin, and Draft Weddle :)

and then draft Abiarimi from ND to play DE

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 05, 2007, 12:11:19 PM

And imagine that...Ken Hamlin's primary position is FS... ;)

Im with you on that, I would much rather have Hamlin then Mike Doss.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 05, 2007, 12:14:34 PM

I am not ready at all to give up on Allen-- he was very good with D Jax out and helped solidify a #1 defense 2 short seasons ago and showed some ball hawk and serious hitting skills as well  If the DL gets fixed Raheem will have Allen back to the flashes we saw. Phillips has never shown any consistency.

I still say we need a vet back there like Hamlin though just in case but I would keep Allen and dish Phillips.

Allen will be a solid FS for years.  He's very young, and had crap coaching last year.  He was fine when we had a good coach there and a respectable line.

I'd drop Flip first.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 05, 2007, 01:08:17 PM

I am not ready at all to give up on Allen-- he was very good with D Jax out and helped solidify a #1 defense 2 short seasons ago and showed some ball hawk and serious hitting skills as well If the DL gets fixed Raheem will have Allen back to the flashes we saw. Phillips has never shown any consistency.

I agree.

Even if the Bucs draft a safety in the mid rounds they still need to bring at least one vet on board.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WE SHOULD SIGN A DE AND A SAFETY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools