Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Seven Round Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 13, 2010, 06:20:32 AM

Based on watching some games on AFN during the college season, reading numerous scouting reports and taking Senior Bowl practices into account along with combine performances  here is my 7-round Bucs mock draft.

1. OT Russell Okung - Although it appears that Suh or McCoy and quite possibly both could still be on the board when the Bucs are on the clock for the sake of argument not so sure the Rams and Lions will pass them over. If that's the case the Bucs take the next best piece to building a franchise, a LT. Okung could either step in on the right or left side as a rookie and greatly upgrades and offensive lien that's suspect at best.

2A. DT Brian Price - Price's height and pedestrian forty time cause him to slip out of the first round. Adding a player that's fueled by disrespect in the second that has first round talent will pay huge dividends for the defensive starved Bucs.

2B . WR Arrelious Benn - Benn represents a player at  position of need that is physical and could develop into a solid number two or with time might even be consider a number one option.

3. CB Brandon Ghee - Tall physical player, has speed to turn and run with receivers.

4. DE Alex Carrington - Small school standout defensive end that could play either inside or outside.

5. MLB Jamar Cheany - Compact downhill physical player, that's a natural leader

6. WR Freddie Barnes - Sure hand chain mover, that finds ways to get open

6. WR Marcus Easley - Tall good sized burner that seemingly has come out of nowhere

7. OLB Blaze Soares - Late bloomer but has potential upside as either inside or outside backer

7.DE Jefferey Fitzgerald - Lost in the shuffle after transferring, represents good value and has the potential to equal what former first rounder Gaines Adams produced on a regular basis.

Now many will see that no safety was drafted, that's because the Bucs will sign a  veteran safety to compete with Sabby and Corey Lynch.

By addressing both the offensive tackle position and middle linebacker position it allows the Bucs to be flexible in their approach should a new CBA get worked out before 2011 with regards to both Penn and Ruud and could see them dealt during the season for draft picks in 2011 or dealt during the second round of the 2010 draft for extra draft picks this year.

Traded and Signed Players
WR Brown
LB Alston
S Jones

53 Man Roster
QB Freeman, Johnson, Carpenter
RB Williams, Graham, Ward
FB Askew, Pressley
WR Benn, Stroughter, Stovall, Brown, Barnes, Easley
TE Winslow, Stevens, Purvis
OT Penn, Okung, Trueblood, Fulton
G Joseph, Sears, Zuttah,
C Faine, Compas
DE White, Moore, Carrington, Fitzgerald, Crowder
DT Price, Miller, Moore, Hovan
OLB Hayes, Black, Robinson, Soares
MLB Ruud, Cheany
CB Talib, Barber, Ghee, Mack
FS Jackson, Lynch
SS Jones, Sabby
K Barth
P Paulescu
LS Economos
KR / PR Smith

Prominent(sarcasm) Bucs not making roster
Clayton
Leftwich
Sims

Starters
QB Freeman
FB Askew
RB Williams
TE Winslow
WR Benn, Stovall
OT Okung, Penn
G Sears, Joseph
C Faine

DE White, Carrington
DT Price Miller
OLB Hayes, Black
MLB Ruud
CB Talib, Ghee
S Jackson, Jones

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#1 : March 13, 2010, 07:07:17 AM

Interesting mock Yuc, I'm intrigued that you have Price at 2A. I would be tempted to say that if Price was at 2A I'd think about letting him drop further and grab either a DE at 2A or a WR. My take is that I see him and Alualu as being roughly the same caliber of player. So in that regards if you take Graham/Hughes at 2A you could pick up either Price or Alualu at 2B.

Of course you take a gamble at WR but you could address that by going WR in 3 a CB in 4 and taking a punt on Barnes at 5. You could get Shipley/Briscoe still at the top of rd3.

bibfortuna

Second String
#2 : March 13, 2010, 09:13:10 AM

In my opinion, it was almost criminal to not sign a vet CB (like Dunta R.) in free agency. If that had happened, we could draft a Rd 3 WR.

I agree with not drafting a Safety and just focus on upgrading the DL. Sabby, as sucky as he was, gained valuable experience last year and we've already paid for that.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 13, 2010, 09:43:48 AM

True, and another HoF safety we all know didn't exactly get it until his third season.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 13, 2010, 09:47:21 AM

Ndamukong Suh!  There is no other equivalent option.

calicojack

Starter
#5 : March 13, 2010, 09:51:18 AM

How did the Bucs get two picks in the 6th round?

The Dream Team

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 13, 2010, 09:52:00 AM

In my opinion, it was almost criminal to not sign a vet CB (like Dunta R.) in free agency. If that had happened, we could draft a Rd 3 WR.

I agree with not drafting a Safety and just focus on upgrading the DL. Sabby, as sucky as he was, gained valuable experience last year and we've already paid for that.

From everything I read, it was a given that Dunta was going to the Falcons. Similar to Vilma staying with the Saints last year.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 13, 2010, 10:21:54 AM

The Bucs extra 6th and 7th round picks are due to the McCown trade and the Douglas trade

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 13, 2010, 10:33:26 AM

Based on watching some games on AFN during the college season, reading numerous scouting reports and taking Senior Bowl practices into account along with combine performances  here is my 7-round Bucs mock draft.

1. OT Russell Okung - Although it appears that Suh or McCoy and quite possibly both could still be on the board when the Bucs are on the clock for the sake of argument not so sure the Rams and Lions will pass them over. If that's the case the Bucs take the next best piece to building a franchise, a LT. Okung could either step in on the right or left side as a rookie and greatly upgrades and offensive lien that's suspect at best.

2A. DT Brian Price - Price's height and pedestrian forty time cause him to slip out of the first round. Adding a player that's fueled by disrespect in the second that has first round talent will pay huge dividends for the defensive starved Bucs.

2B . WR Arrelious Benn - Benn represents a player at  position of need that is physical and could develop into a solid number two or with time might even be consider a number one option.

3. CB Brandon Ghee - Tall physical player, has speed to turn and run with receivers.

4. DE Alex Carrington - Small school standout defensive end that could play either inside or outside.

5. MLB Jamar Cheany - Compact downhill physical player, that's a natural leader

6. WR Freddie Barnes - Sure hand chain mover, that finds ways to get open

6. WR Marcus Easley - Tall good sized burner that seemingly has come out of nowhere

7. OLB Blaze Soares - Late bloomer but has potential upside as either inside or outside backer

7.DE Jefferey Fitzgerald - Lost in the shuffle after transferring, represents good value and has the potential to equal what former first rounder Gaines Adams produced on a regular basis.

Now many will see that no safety was drafted, that's because the Bucs will sign a  veteran safety to compete with Sabby and Corey Lynch.

By addressing both the offensive tackle position and middle linebacker position it allows the Bucs to be flexible in their approach should a new CBA get worked out before 2011 with regards to both Penn and Ruud and could see them dealt during the season for draft picks in 2011 or dealt during the second round of the 2010 draft for extra draft picks this year.

Traded and Signed Players
WR Brown
LB Alston
S Jones

53 Man Roster
QB Freeman, Johnson, Carpenter
RB Williams, Graham, Ward
FB Askew, Pressley
WR Benn, Stroughter, Stovall, Brown, Barnes, Easley
TE Winslow, Stevens, Purvis
OT Penn, Okung, Trueblood, Fulton
G Joseph, Sears, Zuttah,
C Faine, Compas
DE White, Moore, Carrington, Fitzgerald, Crowder
DT Price, Miller, Moore, Hovan
OLB Hayes, Black, Robinson, Soares
MLB Ruud, Cheany
CB Talib, Barber, Ghee, Mack
FS Jackson, Lynch
SS Jones, Sabby
K Barth
P Paulescu
LS Economos
KR / PR Smith

Prominent(sarcasm) Bucs not making roster
Clayton
Leftwich
Sims

Starters
QB Freeman
FB Askew
RB Williams
TE Winslow
WR Benn, Stovall
OT Okung, Penn
G Sears, Joseph
C Faine

DE White, Carrington
DT Price Miller
OLB Hayes, Black
MLB Ruud
CB Talib, Ghee
S Jackson, Jones

My guess is that, at the level the Bucs are currently at, they'll be an UDFA or two who step up and make the roster and I seriously doubt that all 10 draftees make the roster.

I think Hovan is due about $4 mil this season so he'll either restructure or be cut IMHO. I think that the team will select a DT, in addition to whatever high pick they use on a DT, later in the draft.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

calicojack

Starter
#9 : March 13, 2010, 10:38:03 AM

The Bucs extra 6th and 7th round picks are due to the McCown trade and the Douglas trade

OK.  Everywhere I've looked has the McCown trade compensation as a 7th.  Did the Douglas trade get a 6th?

The Dream Team

FSUBucs

Starter
#10 : March 13, 2010, 10:51:48 AM

I would not be mad if that is how it pans out. If the big DT's are gone Okung is a nice option, but Price may be too good to slip to the 2nd. One can only hope.

I can't believe that you don't have the best FA signing, Alston, making the final cut. :D

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 13, 2010, 11:16:25 AM

Yeah I like the mock (if the DT's are gone) but I'd still like to see us trade out to someone wanting a QB. Then (if we still want OT) see if Okung drops and if not Bulaga will more than likely be there. LT (and RT) are a huge part of the line but there are around 4 supposed first round OT talents in this class. If we trade down we can pick up another pick to either bolster our skill positions or defense. Also, if for some reason we can get those two 1sts out of Seattle then I see us taking an LT and then Price with the second pick (WISHFUL THINKING) but if that trade doesn't happen (which it probably won't) then I don't see Price falling past the first round.

skip

Starter

#12 : March 13, 2010, 11:32:14 AM

Lost me with Okung in the first. While I agree that Trueblood is suspect on the right side, I think the Bucs have bigger needs elsewhere. I'd go with one of the DT's or Berry before Okung. Would be nice if Price falls to the second.

big_JLB

Starter

#13 : March 13, 2010, 11:33:05 AM

1. ndamukong suh - DT - nebraska
i really think things will shake out with bradford #1 and okung #2, and if that doesnt happen its no guarantee shwartz wont go mccoy over suh
2a. jerry hughes - DE - TCU
adds some much needed juice to the pass rush
2b. demaryius thomas - WR - georgia tech
potential #1 target for freeman
3. jerome murphy - CB - USF
tall, physical corner to pair with talib, hard hitter as well
4. brandon lang - DE - troy
speed off the edge, another nice addition to the d-line rotation
5. freddie barnes - WR - bowling green
very productive receiver from a small school to add another body to the WR mix
6. micah johnson - ILB - kentucky
hard-hitting thumper, not very fast but can hit like a ton of bricks
7a. keiland williams - RB - LSU
injured, but when healthy can be a productive big 'back
7b. matt doge - P - eastern michigan
big leg, position of need

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 13, 2010, 03:42:28 PM

lol what's that a Bruce Allen draft?

If we take Okung over McCoy or Suh....or even Eric Berry, I'd have to question their drafting skills.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a high possibility and even had Okung going to the Bucs in a mock of mine a few months ago, but I can't say I'd prefer that pick over a McCOy or Suh.

Not a big fan of this draft, but well see.  You do get alot of needs positions selected, I just don't agree with some of the players.  But I def. think your onto something with the Bucs possibly taking Okung.  Buc Fans won't like it, but I think it's a good possibility. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Seven Round Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools