Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Measuring Explosiveness: Suh vs McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Larry Brackins

Starter
#30 : April 21, 2010, 02:16:45 PM

I heard things like...

1. He isn't strong enough to power through OLines in the NFL like he did in college.
2. Not a good pass rusher (though good at stopping the run).
3. If his quick 1st step is ineffective... he will be ineffective.
Uh, you heard those things about McCoy? The first two things ae things I've heard about Suh.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 21, 2010, 02:18:10 PM

I've seen Price a number of times for some odd reason and he's rarely leapt out at me as the sort of weedwacker in the middle McCoy was. He's show up from time to time but not a consistent presence.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 21, 2010, 02:19:25 PM

I heard things like...

1. He isn't strong enough to power through OLines in the NFL like he did in college.
Uh, you heard those things about McCoy? The first two things ae things I've heard about Suh.

Yeah McCoy.  I heard that "IF Suh can't power through", but heard that McCoy "CAN'T power through".  Heard that Suh is a better pass rusher than a run stopper.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 21, 2010, 02:20:41 PM

I've seen Price a number of times for some odd reason and he's rarely leapt out at me as the sort of weedwacker in the middle McCoy was. He's show up from time to time but not a consistent presence.

I'm starting to hear more bad things about Price than I have before.  But, as far as Alualu and Odrick are concerned, I'm not really hearing why they can't be as good as McCoy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 21, 2010, 02:25:19 PM

I'm starting to hear more bad things about Price than I have before.  But, as far as Alualu and Odrick are concerned, I'm not really hearing why they can't be as good as McCoy.

Never seen Alualu play but no one seems to think he's an elite player, Odrick is a 5 technique player and not a real DT to me from what I've seen of him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 21, 2010, 02:27:39 PM

Some of the reports I've seen on Price say he's more like an athletic NT a la Booger than a big time UT.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 21, 2010, 02:32:49 PM

I heard things like...

4. Lacks instinct and vision when he's in the backfield and routinely runs himself out of plays or misses at the point of attack.
5. Not as active at the line of scrimmage with his hands on quick drops as you'd like.
6. Relied on jumping snap counts in college for his "quick first step" and will face teams who can scheme, hard count, go on silent counts, etc. to neutralize that skill
7. Lacks sufficient upper-body strength to power through an offensive lineman who gets his hands on him and can get washed down the line by bigger opponents.
8. Was rotated heavily in college and does not have the stamina or experience to be an every-down lineman
9. Easy-going personality ; not "mean" enough to go toe-to-toe with NFL offensive linemen

All things I've heard and read from actual scouts, if you put stock into their opinions. McCoy screams mediocrity with everything I read and every bit of footage I watch him in.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 21, 2010, 02:43:31 PM

I heard things like...

4. Lacks instinct and vision when he's in the backfield and routinely runs himself out of plays or misses at the point of attack.
5. Not as active at the line of scrimmage with his hands on quick drops as you'd like.
6. Relied on jumping snap counts in college for his "quick first step" and will face teams who can scheme, hard count, go on silent counts, etc. to neutralize that skill
7. Lacks sufficient upper-body strength to power through an offensive lineman who gets his hands on him and can get washed down the line by bigger opponents.
8. Was rotated heavily in college and does not have the stamina or experience to be an every-down lineman
9. Easy-going personality ; not "mean" enough to go toe-to-toe with NFL offensive linemen

All things I've heard and read from actual scouts, if you put stock into their opinions. McCoy screams mediocrity with everything I read and every bit of footage I watch him in.

I'm not gonna say you are lying, but, well find me these "scouts" because he's always said to be very instictive which is how you don't run yourself out of plays. Anyone claiming that likely doesn't understand a one gap DL. I've never seen the "jump the snap count" thing reported nor seen it in any games - I don't recall him being flagged as offsides when I've seen him. He was rotated a lot but that should be a plus because he's got less wear on the treads, no one questions his conditioning or stamina.

this sounds like MB FUD and not serious scouting. Nothing I've seen backs up any of those claims.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 21, 2010, 03:53:35 PM

I heard things like...

That's the opposite of McCoy, haha.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 21, 2010, 04:53:48 PM

Did anyone see Suh on sportscience espn?  It was prettt amazing.  They said he generated more force than ray lewis or kris jenkins. Then thet had him go off the line against the 160lb scientist.  Suh destroyed him as well...but the scientist beat suh off the line.  Dominated him off the snap.  Maybe that's what some are looking at?  Who knows...I'm gonna be happy either way.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Measuring Explosiveness: Suh vs McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools