Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Beckham « previous next »
Page: 1

YoozaHo

Starter

: March 15, 2010, 05:30:22 PM

Serious question, no longer on the wind up here. How arsed are any of you that like football (our football), that not only will Beckham most likely miss the world cup, but his career could be over?

Love United Hate Glazer

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2010, 05:31:05 PM

sorry bro, hate SOCCER

luke99

Starter

#2 : March 15, 2010, 05:34:43 PM

Soccer is for boys who cant throw :o

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#3 : March 15, 2010, 05:36:43 PM

This thread should really be moved Pirate's Cove....As a former soccer player, a soccer fan and a soccer referee I really was never into Beckham. I always thought he was overrated. Don't get me wrong I think he's talented, but for the LA Galaxy to offer him a huge contract for him to come over and help them when a championship as well as increase number of soccer fans in the nation was just dumb. He really has nothing other than his free kicks, he's not flashy enough to bring in new fans and his skills have seriously diminished. I've never been a big fan, but I never would wish an injury to someone to end their career. I expect him to bounce back, just sadly for him he won't be in the World Cup. I know that has to be tough for Beckham

YoozaHo

Starter

#4 : March 15, 2010, 05:40:20 PM

This thread should really be moved Pirate's Cove....As a former soccer player, a soccer fan and a soccer referee I really was never into Beckham. I always thought he was overrated. Don't get me wrong I think he's talented, but for the LA Galaxy to offer him a huge contract for him to come over and help them when a championship as well as increase number of soccer fans in the nation was just dumb. He really has nothing other than his free kicks, he's not flashy enough to bring in new fans and his skills have seriously diminished. I've never been a big fan, but I never would wish an injury to someone to end their career. I expect him to bounce back, just sadly for him he won't be in the World Cup. I know that has to be tough for Beckham

His free kicks were never the best thing in his game. It was his ability to cross round someone without needing extra pace (which he's NEVER had) and his ability to, as you might say, drop a 70 yard cross-field pass on a dime. I'm gutted for him personally. The fact he can still do a job in an England midfield weeks shy of his 35th birthday spoke volumes about what he can bring.

Love United Hate Glazer

budster

Practice Squad
#5 : March 17, 2010, 12:09:21 AM

Beckham is the best crosser of the ball ever. That is why he is superior on free kicks. It is the same motion to bend it over a wall as it is from the flank. He has never been overrated. Why is he wanted by other clubs at the age of 35? A friend of mine had a part in bringing him over but died before he could see that happen. He was the GM of the Galaxy. He did wonders for the MLS and will bring more players. It's not all about the flash as people look for, but to me flash means a whole nother thing.

Yes I'm an avid soccer fan as you can tell and I grew up watching the Rowdies back in Tampa. I'm surprised you did not get more haters posting. I love American football just as well, but when you are 5-7 not too many options.

I never look in the other boards so I'm glad you posted it here. By the way if you are a player why would someone ever become a referee? (along13)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 17, 2010, 12:10:28 AM

Seriously?  Why post this here?

your compatriot is a much better poster than you are.

RudeGuy

Starter

#7 : March 17, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

He should have never crossed the "Glazer Gang".  ;)

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: David Beckham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools