Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs, Broncos discussing blockbuster deal? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 15, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »

imagine brandon marshall going buck wild in tampas clubs!!  ima party it up with him and his singing bonus.

HOLLA ATCHA BOY B MARSH

show you how sarasota partys.

i gotta clear it with my girl though first... on lockdown u know...

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #31 : March 15, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »

BucsRule46,

I hope you are right. I'd rather wait until draft day to do this trade. If Suh is still on the board at 3, Id rather take him than do this trade. If Suh is taken but McCoy is available, Id do the trade. I agree with others that Price would be the guy I'd target at 12 though my bet is the Bucs would take Brandom Graham at 12 and hope Alualu slips past Indianapolis and New Orleans and is available at 35. Reason I say that is Graham/Alualu combo is better than Price/best available DE @35. I've walked through too many scenarios. I just dont think a quality DE will be on the board at 35. I think Hughes goes to New England, Baltimore, or Arizona in Round 1.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 15, 2010, 10:56:24 PM »

imagine brandon marshall going buck wild in tampas clubs!!  ima party it up with him and his singing bonus.

HOLLA ATCHA BOY B MARSH

Profits at Mons Venus would triple.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 15, 2010, 10:57:36 PM »

In my opinion, if the Bucs trade down to 11, they take that Pierre guy from USF at 11.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #34 : March 15, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »

A step back in the draft order is EXACTLY what this team needs. Suh and McCoy would be nice, but guys I just can't fathom passing up Brandon Marshall, the 11th pick in the draft, and quite possibly another pick or 2. Remember WE have the leverage here, not anybody else. We get those extra picks we can move a second and a 3rd round pick to jump back into the first round and take whoever we want and feel wont make it past #32 that could benefit this team. We get a stud WR, and 2 first round picks out of the deal if we move back into the first. Oh yeah, and we still have 2 more second round picks to work with.

The foundation of the Bucs championship run was defense.

Passing on the chance to draft the most heralded defensive tackle in over a decade to get a WR is moronic at best and criminal at worst. Good WRs can be found anywhere -- ask the Colts or the Saints.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 15, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »

Picks are WAY overvauled. What are the chances we get an elite WR in this draft? Pretty slim. Get #11 with an additional mid round pick and stock the defense up.

Brian Price DT
Everson Griffin DE
Brandon Spikes MLB
Patrick Robinson CB
Jordan Shipley WR

With B-Marsh on top of that.

FlunkDoobiest

Rookie

« #36 : March 15, 2010, 11:01:06 PM »

Why not wait until after the draft and just offer Marshall a substantial contract? Wouldn't that mean he would cost a 2011 1st rd draft pick?

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

« #37 : March 15, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »

Picks are WAY overvauled. What are the chances we get an elite WR in this draft? Pretty slim. Get #11 with an additional mid round pick and stock the defense up.

Brian Price DT
Everson Griffin DE
Brandon Spikes MLB
Patrick Robinson CB
Jordan Shipley WR

sounds like my dream.

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 15, 2010, 11:05:29 PM »

Brian Price DT
Everson Griffin DE
Brandon Spikes MLB
Patrick Robinson CB
Jordan Shipley WR

The chances of finding a Great WR are certainly better than finding a Great DT! A great DT comes out once every few years where as just about every year a few great WR's come out.

This trade, if made, is not about getting better, it's about saving money. BTW, if they get the 11th pick, I bet they take McClain then dump Ruud somewhere so they don't have to pay him either. So when all is said and done, all the Bucs would really do is save a lot more money and get a head case WR.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #39 : March 15, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »

This trade would (the difference bn the value of pick #3 and pick #12) assesses Brandon Marshall's value as the 17th overall pick on Round 1 (950 points) assuming no other picks are involved. If the Broncos did this, my guess is that they would be targeting a QB, not Eric Berry.  Hopefully, this rumor spreads and we get more offers for the #3 pick. Then if we truly do want to trade with Denver for a package including Brandon Marshall, we will be able to get the best deal possible. The reverse could happen as well and Seattle just might offer its 6th overall pick for Marshall. I find that unlikely though and if Denver is REALLY targeting a QB, they need the 3rd pick to ensure they get Bradford or Claussen unless Washington or Cleveland or Seattle trades with Detroit. If it is Berry they are targeting, 3 is sufficient though 6 may not be as Chiefs might take Berry at 5.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 15, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »

if this happens, those additional picks better be coming to us

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 15, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »

HOLLA ATCHA BOY B MARSH

Dude, don't tell everybody!!!

i know man, my rep as the coug slayer will go down quickly if they all find out ive been dating a chick for a few months now... damn...  hahahaha

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 15, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

Marshall + Price > the 3rd pick......when it is not even known for certain that Suh or McCoy will still be on the board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 15, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »

HOLLA ATCHA BOY B MARSH

Dude, don't tell everybody!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #44 : March 15, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »

It might just show how much the Bucs dont like McCoy (most likely will be there @3)

Maybe I sell Mark Dominck short on his evaluation of talent. If he passes on the biggest bust of this draft and gets Brandon Marshall in the process he is a genius

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Bucs, Broncos discussing blockbuster deal? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools