Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this speculation on Marshall « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2010, 11:59:49 PM

If they are true would you rather have:
Marshall and their 3rd
Price DT
Hughes DE
McCOurty/ Robinson CB

Or would you rather have:
Suh/McCoy
"Bey Bey" Thomas
Best DE

I'd be fine with either.
Thoguhts?

Formerly known as Revis Islander

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 16, 2010, 12:06:07 AM

Option 2.....without a doubt.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 16, 2010, 12:31:27 AM

i think agree only for suh

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 16, 2010, 12:32:13 AM

Option 2.

FIX. THE. DEFENSIVE. LINE.

Buc31

Starter

#4 : March 16, 2010, 12:38:22 AM

Either way we have to come out with two new quality wrs

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 16, 2010, 01:08:56 AM

While speculated about this exact scenario a while back with regards to the Bucs trading down from 3rd overall to acquire Marshall. its not necessary as I firmly think that the Bucs first second round pick would be enough o pry Marshall out of Denver.

So I would much rather keep what is looking more and more like Suh at 3rd overall.

1. Suh
2a. trade to Denver for Marshall
2b. Spikes

Suh helps both the pass rush and in defending the run and will allow a fiery player with a nasty demeanor such as the one Spikes posses to truly be a down hill player for the Bucs. It also gives Freeman that number one and allow Winslow more opportunities in the middle.

No one is going to give a first rounder for Marshall with the contract he wants and the baggage he carries not to mention his standing with the league.

If need be you trade Ruud for a late second early third if he's reluctant to move to the outside. Which can be used to either grab another linebacker or used for other needs.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 16, 2010, 01:15:52 AM

While speculated about this exact scenario a while back with regards to the Bucs trading down from 3rd overall to acquire Marshall. its not necessary as I firmly think that the Bucs first second round pick would be enough o pry Marshall out of Denver.

So I would much rather keep what is looking more and more like Suh at 3rd overall.

1. Suh
2a. trade to Denver for Marshall
2b. Spikes

Suh helps both the pass rush and in defending the run and will allow a fiery player with a nasty demeanor such as the one Spikes posses to truly be a down hill player for the Bucs. It also gives Freeman that number one and allow Winslow more opportunities in the middle.

No one is going to give a first rounder for Marshall with the contract he wants and the baggage he carries not to mention his standing with the league.

If need be you trade Ruud for a late second early third if he's reluctant to move to the outside. Which can be used to either grab another linebacker or used for other needs.
agree.. thats what i been hoping would happen but with anything it sounds to good so it probley wont happen

glassjaw23

Practice Squad
#7 : March 16, 2010, 01:26:57 AM

if suh falls couldnt we just trade back into the first with the 2nd we would use on a reciever (with something else minimal tacked on) and use it for his tender offer. that would be the best scenario in my eyes: suh, bmarsh, and a solid de or lb. honestly we still retain flexability with this move if possible.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 16, 2010, 01:32:43 AM

Here is how I'm figuring the dynamics of the 35 overall pick. Typically any team that trades up to the top 3 or 4 picks of the second round usually has to give up a first the following year as part of the compensation package. So by knowing that the value of the top 3 or 4 picks of the second round are weighted as first round picks the next year. With this being a deeper then normal draft this is why I maintain that the 35th overall pick is fair value for Denver to trade Marshall.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 16, 2010, 01:37:20 AM

Here is how I'm figuring the dynamics of the 35 overall pick. Typically any team that trades up to the top 3 or 4 picks of the second round usually has to give up a first the following year as part of the compensation package. So by knowing that the value of the top 3 or 4 picks of the second round are weighted as first round picks the next year. With this being a deeper then normal draft this is why I maintain that the 35th overall pick is fair value for Denver to trade Marshall.
only problem could be those at the bottom of the first round. and if stl puts this idea together

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 16, 2010, 01:41:15 AM

only problem could be those at the bottom of the first round. and if stl puts this idea together
Didn't the Broncos say that they want a 1st round pick though?
I know we are close but thye could be stingy.
If we could get Marshall for #35, i'd be on the phone for Dom finalizing it.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 16, 2010, 01:42:12 AM

If that's the case the Bucs would have to sweeten the pot, but hopefully not by adding a pick this year but rather next and somehow make it a conditional pick tied to a multitude of things related to Marshall performance, off field troubles to protect themselves.

Oliver Goldsmith

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2010, 01:43:26 AM

If that's the case the Bucs would have to sweeten the pot, but hopefully not by adding a pick this year but rather next and somehow make it a conditional pick tied to a multitude of things related to Marshall performance, off field troubles to protect themselves.
I envision #35 and a conditional 3rd next year which could turn into a 2nd

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 16, 2010, 01:46:45 AM

Didn't the Broncos say that they want a 1st round pick though?
I know we are close but thye could be stingy.
If we could get Marshall for #35, i'd be on the phone for Dom finalizing it.
Reading between the lines if the Broncos truly wanted a first round pick they would have made a qualifying tender offer which resulted in a first and third-rounder as compensation, what they basically did was tag him for merely a first rounder because they know his antics on and off the field, setting production aside no one would come to the table. So basically they are desperately behind the scenes trying to trade the petulant receiver and are willing to get anything as close to value as they can.

Oliver Goldsmith

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#14 : March 16, 2010, 01:50:32 AM

If we could get Marshall for our 35th & one of those 7th rounders this year that's a steal to me. We can sweeten the pot by adding a 3rd rounder next year but that's it. NO FRICKIN' way we're trading out of getting Suh at #3 unless we get a ransom from some QB hungry team.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this speculation on Marshall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools