Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this speculation on Marshall « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 16, 2010, 01:54:29 AM

I think if Marshall is still on the Broncos a week prior to the draft, one of our 2nd rounders could definitely get the job done.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : March 16, 2010, 02:51:48 AM

I don't think Price is worth the 11th pick in the draft.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 16, 2010, 03:43:53 AM

What a lot of folks keep forgeting is that we are not 1 draft away from being a complete team. Marshall is a luxury (as well as a headache) that we don't necessarily need now. Everyone laments about how we "Don't have a legit no1" well we don't need to at this stage. What we need is a few guys that can actually catch and produce (not Clayton), If we can get Thomas and Shipley (or Barnes) we will have upgraded our WR's in one quick hit, if none of our WR steps up to be a no1 this year it is not a problem since or no1 target for Freeman is Winslow. We can address no1 WR either as a high end draft pick next year or get our pick in what will be a HUGE FA free for all.

This year should be about addressing glaring needs on our DL and drafting some rookie WR's to displace the rubbish we have at WR and to grow with Freeman. Marshall could become a serious distraction if he decided to go awol on the team, I'd rather have 2 rookies to come in and win the WR spots and give us the chance to dump the underachievers that have been on our roster for too long.

Our D needs to be addressed first this year with some O thrown in where appropriate, so we should be looking at a DL pick in 1, DL pick 2A, WR 2B, CB or RB 3, SS or WR 4, WR or DL 5, OL and RB 6, OL and Kicker 7.

What doesn't pan out properly this year you highlight for next year for the draft and FA. You may find we don't go CB or SS this year and so address them next year or we might not draft a RB this year and look to get one next year.

Marshall is not worth the risk currently for this team as we have far too many gaps to fill first to worry about a percieved "problem" player. Let us build our core of players, let the players find thier leaders, and then get a player like Marshall, the coaches have enough to worry about with Talib currently so until the players find thier own law makers within the team, we should avoid anyone who may have the potential to be a serious distraction to a team that needs to conentrate on getting better.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#18 : March 16, 2010, 08:12:42 AM

1. Suh
2a. trade to Denver for Marshall
2b. Spikes

I like this but take out Brandon Spikes and go for a CB or DE. MLB isn't a need on this team currently and Spikes IMHO is a bit overrated.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

BucD

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 16, 2010, 09:39:05 AM

As long as the possibility of Suh being available at #3 still is a possibility, we don't make any trades involving our 1st-rounder.  IMO anyway...

I Want To Believe

Practice Squad

#20 : March 16, 2010, 10:04:47 AM

All what speculation?  I've only seen one article posted...???
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all this speculation on Marshall « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools