Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I like to hear things like this! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 19, 2006, 10:03:47 AM

Ellis Wyms (a smart guy in person, BTW) on his move into the starting lineup:

"I don't feel a lot of extra pressure, because I just have to go out and make plays," he said. "There is pressure for me as far as my career is concerned and where I want to go. But I don't feel pressure, I apply it."

I'm looking forward to seeing a noticeable improvement in the pressure from the UT position this week.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 19, 2006, 10:06:25 AM

"I don't feel a lot of extra pressure, because I just have to go out and make plays," he said. "There is pressure for me as far as my career is concerned and where I want to go. But I don't feel pressure, I apply it."

I'm looking forward to seeing a noticeable improvement in the pressure from the UT position this week.

I am fairly optimistic that Wyms can grow into the role now he is the undisputed starter.  He is still only 27 and he doesn't have high milage on the clock.  If Wyms can form a good partnership with Hovan it will give them a little time to develop a DT from the 2007 draft.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : October 19, 2006, 10:07:40 AM

We get it already, the difference between you and VIP, we know VIP has inside contacts....he just doesn't boast about it in every thread he posts.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 19, 2006, 10:10:43 AM

We get it already, the difference between you and VIP, we know VIP has inside contacts....he just doesn't boast about it in every thread he posts.

Eh? I was simply commenting on the fact that Wyms comes across as a guy with smarts, since until now he's gotten little or no facetime in the local media.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 19, 2006, 10:12:13 AM

Eh? I was simply commenting on the fact that Wyms comes across as a guy with smarts, since until now he's gotten little or no facetime in the local media.
Eh? OK

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 19, 2006, 10:50:22 AM

Eh? OK

I mean, you've got to admit that EW hasn't been put out there for fans to get to know.

watson

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 19, 2006, 11:21:13 AM

I found it interesting that Hovan was telling the press guys to be sure to interview Wymms after last Sunday's game.  He said that Wymms had earned it and they needed to make sure he got the props.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 19, 2006, 11:45:04 AM

It would be great if Wymms proved to be the answer at UT and could rush the passer strong. Then we could afford to wait until the 3rd round to draft a DT and concentrate on a few other weaknesses. I've always been pretty impressed with Wymms play but figured the coaches were not too high on him because he could never beat out Booger for the job. Maybe it came down to how much $ was invested in Booger.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 19, 2006, 11:50:27 AM

My bad! If I worried about my spelling I'd never get to post!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 19, 2006, 12:57:35 PM

I think that staff kept expecting Booger to live up to his potential and that kept Wyms off the starting lineup. You also learn a lot about a guy like Wyms that way, too.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 19, 2006, 01:36:11 PM

That quote, IMO, is a direct response to the leadership of DB.  Not that DB couldn't have come up with the phrase, but it sounds more like a Rod Marenellism...actually...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 19, 2006, 01:37:51 PM

True. But I like the mindset, regardless of who used the phrase first.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 19, 2006, 01:48:53 PM

True. But I like the mindset, regardless of who used the phrase first.

They all use it where appropriate.  I haven't heard it much this year.  I guess because we weren't applying any pressure...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TBayJJ

Second String

#13 : October 19, 2006, 03:26:11 PM

Yeah, he has been doing it for years, I think he will be fine out there. Can't be as bad a booger.

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 19, 2006, 03:39:47 PM

I think that this may have really sent a message to this team.  Even the veterans like Brooks can't rest on his previous accomplishments, or he will soon go the way of the dodo in a bucs uniform.  Booger was a core guy who never produced, but he had the repetoir with the other players who seemed  to let him get by w/o being accountable due to his time here.  The players now know that they must be accountable and no one will slip through the cracks until this ship gets righted.  It also rewards a guy who has obviously shown up on the field from a backup role.  I kind of hope White gets a similiar opportunity, however Spires isn't nearly as bad as Booger.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I like to hear things like this! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools