Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Freeman win us games we arent supposed to win? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 16, 2010, 11:06:48 PM

Freeman has the skillset that he could be top 5 honestly. Top 3 after he matures some and settles down in the pocket. The size, mobility, intelligence, leadership by example, the clutch factor... is there... especially seeing him pin passes with triple man coverage. The kid just needs more weapons and his true potential will come out.

Get him Brandon Marshall to compliment Sammie and Kellen and acquire an extra 2nd round pick for another possible WR pickup or a lineman!...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 16, 2010, 11:12:30 PM

Freeman has the skillset that he could be top 5 honestly. Top 3 after he matures some and settles down in the pocket. The size, mobility, intelligence, leadership by example, the clutch factor... is there... especially seeing him pin passes with triple man coverage. The kid just needs more weapons and his true potential will come out.

Get him Brandon Marshall to compliment Sammie and Kellen and acquire an extra 2nd round pick for another possible WR pickup or a lineman!...

His problems that you didn't mention are accuracy and decision making. We didn't see consistency in either of those things both of which are 10000X more important than anything else.

There's just no way to know other than to guess - some folks think he's good and some folks think he sucks. Someone will be right but not based on any observable phenomenon.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 16, 2010, 11:19:26 PM

His problems that you didn't mention are accuracy and decision making. We didn't see consistency in either of those things both of which are 10000X more important than anything else.

There's just no way to know other than to guess - some folks think he's good and some folks think he sucks. Someone will be right but not based on any observable phenomenon.

When he used the Ref as a human shield during a scramble this year, I thought that was an outstanding spur of the moment decision. PROGRESS! :D

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 16, 2010, 11:22:30 PM

His problems that you didn't mention are accuracy and decision making.

Are those supposed to be included in the "top 5 skillset?"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 16, 2010, 11:32:47 PM

Freeman has the skillset that he could be top 5 honestly.

He has the athletic gifts such that he could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.   But I doubt he will be.   I really think his career will be exactly like Culpepper's.  He's a Culpepper clone.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 16, 2010, 11:44:02 PM

I really believe Freeman is Daunte Culpepper part II.   He's at his peak right now.   He'll be pretty good the next 4 years or so then fizzle.

Well that would be 4 more good years of QB play than the Bucs have had in the past century, so I'll take that.

Problem is that just when the Bucs have finally assembled a team that can compete for a championship, Freeman will be done.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#36 : March 16, 2010, 11:56:15 PM

I really believe Freeman is Daunte Culpepper part II.   He's at his peak right now.   He'll be pretty good the next 4 years or so then fizzle.

Well that would be 4 more good years of QB play than the Bucs have had in the past century, so I'll take that.

Problem is that just when the Bucs have finally assembled a team that can compete for a championship, Freeman will be done.

just because it was 4 years later. sigh

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 17, 2010, 12:01:23 AM

He has the athletic gifts such that he could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.� �But I doubt he will be.� �I really think his career will be exactly like Culpepper's.� He's a Culpepper clone.

You say Culpepper... some say McNabb... I say neither... If I had to pick I think he is comparable to McNabb.... I think Freeman has shown he is a different QB than those guys in his first season ...time will tell but after 9 games I dont think we can compare him yet. Culpepper had Moss, remember that... McNabb had stinkston aka the equivalent of Clayton

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 17, 2010, 12:15:39 AM

He has the athletic gifts such that he could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.� �But I doubt he will be.� �I really think his career will be exactly like Culpepper's.� He's a Culpepper clone.

You say Culpepper... some say McNabb... I say neither... If I had to pick I think he is comparable to McNabb.

LOLWhat?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 17, 2010, 12:18:36 AM

He has the athletic gifts such that he could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL.   But I doubt he will be.   I really think his career will be exactly like Culpepper's.  He's a Culpepper clone.

So he's going to blow his knee out and end his career? Again, I'm not sure where you make this comparison since that is what torpedoed Culpepper's career. I'm trying to think a QB who played well early and cratered later that didn't have an injury (Culpepper and Palmer) or some other issue.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 17, 2010, 12:23:39 AM

You say Culpepper... some say McNabb... I say neither... If I had to pick I think he is comparable to McNabb.

LOLWhat?

IfI had to pick he is more comparable to McNabb... those are the only two comparisons I see all the time... i think i explained that

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 17, 2010, 12:24:48 AM

LOLWhat?

IfI had to pick he is more comparable to McNabb... those are the only two comparisons I see all the time... i think i explained that

I guess when you reread it, it makes sense. But the structure of your sentences confused the hell out of me.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 17, 2010, 12:26:29 AM

LOLWhat?

I guess when you reread it, it makes sense. But the structure of your sentences confused the hell out of me.

lol i can see that now after re-reading it... that's my fault, long day at work...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 17, 2010, 12:30:46 AM

Freeman looks to be a very smart kid.  Get him some talent.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 17, 2010, 12:51:28 AM

I just got to thinking about this a bit, recollecting on some of the wins we had last year.

Not talking about Seattle here... that game was as much of a crapshoot as the Washington game (which we could've won)

I am talking about the Packers and Saints games.

The packers game particularly. I know there was no tape on Josh before that game, other than his college game tape which quite frankly meant next to nothing to the Packers. I know the team had a bye week, but lets remember we were 0-7. Before that game there was absolutely NO HOPE for the team, people were trying to find a win on the schedule. I might be pointing out the obvious here, but there seems to be an "It" factor there. Going into this season our WR's arent that different. Bryant didnt come on until late in the season, he wasnt really a factor in the game against the Packers. Clayton was Clayton, Freeman did this with Winslow and a defense... maybe a mix of sammie stroughter in there.

I watched the tape last night of the Green Bay game and it gives me chills. He's clearly a rook with a lot to learn, but there is something there.  If you all remember (I think it was the week after) we were dominated by the Saints 38-7. A welcome to the NFL moment for Freeman for sure, but that didnt phase him. The Dolphins game, Freeman came back and won it for us in the 4th quarter, our D just fell apart. Seattle we put a game together, play-calling was on point for the first time all season...

Then the Saints game, when we won in overtime over the SB Champs.
To me after getting dominated the first time, that is the best message the team could have sent. Do I wish we lost that game (we might have been picking #2 overall), sure, but I just think there is more to this guy than people are giving him credit for.

Don't get me wrong, he will still have tons of growing pains, and by no means will he be a God or anything like that, but I just wanted to point this out to everyone. We had no talent and in the 9 games Freeman played in there was always HOPE. If we get the D back on track and provide Freeman with a weapon or two we might be in better shape than some of you think...

Keep up the high spirits around here... I dont think Dominik and Morris want to ruin the kid their jobs depend upon... we have a commitment other teams dont have!

+1 - don't care what the naysayers carp about - finally got what we needed - Freeman is a robo-QB that already knows how to shoulder a team and drive down the field for a score - so as you can tell, I'm with you on the Green bay game.

Kid has lightening in his right arm, he's mobile and strong - but his best talent is that he's bright, already see's things most rookies miss...and he's unflappable.

So yeah, I think he can win games he isn't supposed to win - because he already has.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Freeman win us games we arent supposed to win? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools