Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia to Johnson - TOUCHDOWN TAMPA BAY! « previous next »
Page: 1

nflinsider

Starter

« : March 05, 2007, 09:09:17 AM »

I may be the minority here but I actually like the Garcia signing. There were just a few big name QB's that were going to be available in the off-season and somehow the Bucs end up with two of them. The Plummer deal makes perfect sense when you factor in the Bucks give up nothing if he decides to stay retired - which is very unlikely. Allen now has leverage when teams start calling - and they will. I'll bet you a steak dinner the Bucs get at least a 3rd round pick for Plummer.

As for Garcia, the guy makes us a better football team. Simms is not the guy a lot of Bucs fans want him to be and while Garcia doesn’t address a need long term, he does give us a chance to win now. If Simms by chance beats Garcia out, than we have a legitimate backup QB – something we didn’t have this season.

scttwlf

Rookie

« #1 : March 05, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

I agree with every point you make... I am how ever still confused on the Garcia to Johnson pass... You really think we going to get calvin johnson...?

« #2 : March 05, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »

i'm gonna be ill if we don't.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #3 : March 05, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

I may be the minority here but I actually like the Garcia signing. There were just a few big name QB's that were going to be available in the off-season and somehow the Bucs end up with two of them. The Plummer deal makes perfect sense when you factor in the Bucks give up nothing if he decides to stay retired - which is very unlikely. Allen now has leverage when teams start calling - and they will. I'll bet you a steak dinner the Bucs get at least a 3rd round pick for Plummer.

As for Garcia, the guy makes us a better football team. Simms is not the guy a lot of Bucs fans want him to be and while Garcia doesn’t address a need long term, he does give us a chance to win now. If Simms by chance beats Garcia out, than we have a legitimate backup QB – something we didn’t have this season.

Win what now? Please tell me you're not referring to the Superbowl. That is our goal every year to win the SuperBowl right? If you don't have a team assembled that can compete for a Superbowl then your goal is to improve the long term aspect of your team right? Does Garcia do that?

zed

Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 05, 2007, 11:47:54 AM »

I agree with every point you make... I am how ever still confused on the Garcia to Johnson pass... You really think we going to get calvin johnson...?
I think he was thinking of Garcia to Al Johnson.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia to Johnson - TOUCHDOWN TAMPA BAY! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools