Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can probably forget about Al Johnson « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 05, 2007, 09:37:52 AM

Johnson apparently found the offer from the Bucs amusing:

The Cardinals are thin along the offensive line, although they are trying to take steps to remedy that. Among their four free-agent visitors Sunday were two offensive linemen: center Al Johnson of the Cowboys and guard/tackle Mike Gandy of the Bills.The Cardinals have made an offer to Johnson, and negotiations were continuing into Sunday evening. Johnson changed his travel plans and stayed in the Valley Sunday night.

If he signed with Arizona, Johnson would compete with Nick Leckey for the starting job. Gandy could compete for a starting job at left guard or at one of the tackle positions.

Arizona was Gandy's first visit, and he hopes the last.

"I think we (Gandy and his agent) have a few in the works after this, but hopefully we can get something done while we're here," Gandy said.

There were no immediate indications of that, however.

Like Gandy, Johnson came away impressed with Arizona after meeting coach Ken Whisenhunt, offensive line coach Russ Grimm and a handful of players, including quarterback Matt Leinart.

Johnson said he would enjoy playing for Grimm.

"He has had some great offensive lines that have played well together and rushed for a lot of yards," Johnson said.

Johnson visited Tampa Bay last week and has an offer on the table from the Buccaneers. When asked how serious it was, Johnson chuckled.

"I still came here," he said.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0305cards0305.html

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 05, 2007, 09:43:08 AM

Johnson visited Tampa Bay last week and has an offer on the table from the Buccaneers. When asked how serious it was, Johnson chuckled.

"I still came here," he said.

That does not really say much since players tend to visit many teams unless a team offers a contract that "wows" them.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 05, 2007, 09:50:10 AM

Johnson probably seen the ridiculous $$$ dished out to some slightly above average
lineman over the weekend and figures he should be worth at least that much. Johnson
may be an upgrade but I don't think it would huge.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 05, 2007, 09:51:34 AM

Unfortunately that is the ripple effect.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : March 05, 2007, 10:22:47 AM

I'm sure miamicanes will be happy our franchise is the butt of jokes among NFL Free agents.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 05, 2007, 10:24:00 AM

I'm sure miamicanes will be happy our franchise is the butt of jokes among NFL Free agents.

::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 05, 2007, 10:26:54 AM

Unfortunately that is the ripple effect.

Yep, I mean if we signed Al Johnson he could well be our highest paid offensive linemen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

bucboy 64

Second String

#7 : March 05, 2007, 10:30:57 AM

Not sure we're butt of jokes around the NFL but if we are is it better to be a joke or to overpay and be stuck in salary cap hell again. IMO I'd rather be a joke.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You can probably forget about Al Johnson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools