Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Yearbook on Cold Pizza « previous next »
Page: 1

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« : March 05, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »

I don't usually watch it, but coming up, they're going to be talking about the upcoming Bucs season. 

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

vipmark

Starter
« #1 : March 05, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

Thanks BucNut, Stroud seemed happy and up-beat ( is hell freezing over)? Todd McShay (spelling)? recomends The DT out of Texas, I think his name is Justin Harrell at 2a, comments?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 05, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »

The guy is out of Tennessee actually, and after the initial depression of seeing Mike score the 1st TD in 13 quarters, it was good to see some happiness.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #3 : March 05, 2007, 11:04:43 AM »

Did you like the remark about being so desperate they were trying to sign 3  $5million qbs?

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 05, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »

I hear ya VIP...when I saw Stroud, I thought, why him?  I think hell has frozen over!  :)

As far as Harrell goes, wasn't he injured last year?  One of the draft sites I frequent has him going in the third round, but I really don't know enough about the guy to make an educated guess as to whether he'd be worth the 2A pick or not.

He played at Tennessee.

vipmark

Starter
« #5 : March 05, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »

The guy is out of Tennessee actually, and after the initial depression of seeing Mike score the 1st TD in 13 quarters, it was good to see some happiness.
Thanx IWC...multi-tasking is not my stong suit....is he a worthy 2a pick?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 05, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

Did you like the remark about being so desperate they were trying to sign 3 $5million qbs?

the team is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Trying to sign? It's acutally 2 $5M QB's and if the Bucs had this type of depth at the most important position on the team 4-12 wouldn't have happened.

$15M is worth it to not fall flat on your face incase of an injury. Good for the Bucs. They're making moves to improve the team, we should be thankful that Bruce created enough cap room to make these moves instead of complaining when they do and don't make moves. It's a bit ridiculous.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 05, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »

Thanx IWC...multi-tasking is not my stong suit....is he a worthy 2a pick?
Ya know, I honestly have no idea. I didn't get to watch much college football this past year.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 05, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »

Strengths:
Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Has some health concerns and durability is a major question mark...He struggles to shed blockers...Has an inconsistent motor...Can use his hands better...Is not overly stout at the point...Is not real powerful and his good weight room strength does not always translate to the field...He never really had a breakout campaign.

Notes:
Missed the majority of his senior season with a ruptured biceps tendon but put off surgery for a week so he could help his team in a big game against Florida...Does everything well but doesn't really stand out in any one area...Might also project to defensive end in a 3-4 scheme...The Volunteers have a strong pro tradition when it comes to defensive tackles and Harrell will attempt to follow in the footsteps of John Henderson, Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, Rashad Moore and Jesse Mahelona.

vipmark

Starter
« #9 : March 05, 2007, 11:25:40 AM »

Me either IWC...I rely on PR and it's members and the Ourlads scouting report.

« #10 : March 05, 2007, 11:26:25 AM »

Did you like the remark about being so desperate they were trying to sign 3 $5million qbs?

They haven’t signed three $5 million QBs.   [banghead]

Simms’s contract is incentive laden and if he doesn’t play he earns around $2 million.  They only have the rights to Plummer, and if he comes out of retirement they will trade him.  So basically we have a $5 million starter in Garcia, and a $2 million back-up, which is less than the NFL average.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 05, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »

Me either IWC...I rely on PR and it's members and the Ourlads scouting report.
You should also hit up Scouts.com and Nfldraftcountdown.com

vipmark

Starter
« #12 : March 05, 2007, 11:26:39 AM »

BucNut...thankyou...and your beautiful
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Yearbook on Cold Pizza « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools