Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has meeting with Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 19, 2010, 09:35:01 AM

Aren't you the same guy who dropped Dez Bryant out of your Top 3 WR's because of his "attitude"? I could be wrong, but the only thing he did wrong was tell a lie. Bit ironic your post.

Hmmmm

Lie. Bat crap crazy on people.
Bat crap crazy on people. Lie

Yes that's me. I'm also the guy that wouldn't touch Brandon MArshall with a ten foot pole. I think Dez has the intelligence of a 10 year old and crappy character. Once he gets paid I see nothing but trouble. Marshall is a cancer to his team and has been arrested six times from everything from possesion to domestic violence. I'm not interested in guys like that.

I don't think Blount is like that at all. No arrest record. No drugs. Doesn't drink alchohol. Described by teamates as friendly, supportive, and upbeat. EVERYONE said the punching incedent was out of character and a huge surprise. I don't think the kid is a bad apple. He just lost control of his emations afetr a big loss one time.

Most importantly, Dez Bryant or Brandon Marashall would cost us a 1st round pick. Blount is a 4th-6th round guy. The risk isn't exactly the same.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 19, 2010, 09:44:51 AM

I prefer Dixon or Hardesty

#32 : March 19, 2010, 09:45:26 AM

I think ADW has it right...

Blount would be a good balance for our short yardage situations.  He'll come cheap / low risk in the 6th-7th
and what he does is something we are sorely lacking.

I trust the FO will make the right decision based on due diligence, not on that isolated incident.  They're picking high
character people who will mesh with the team.  

Blount has all the makings of being a baller.  The bucs need ballers.  

#33 : March 19, 2010, 09:47:53 AM

I actually like Brandon Minor better than Blount or Dixon.

IMO Dixon/ Hardesty will go earlier (so there is more cost involved at the expense of other needs.)

Minor and Blount would be picked at little cost to other positions.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 19, 2010, 09:50:49 AM

I prefer Ben Tate, bute Tate, Hardesty, and Dixon are all projected to go around round 3. Blount is a guy that is suppose to be there around round 4 thru 6. I'd love to see us grab Tate in the 3rd and luck out with Blount in the 5th. My dream backfield next year would feature Tate, with Blount as a short yardage guy and Kareem Huggins as the change of pace back.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 19, 2010, 10:17:13 AM

This is the typ of playmaker we need in round 3. Joe McKnight can score from anywhere on the field.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

#36 : March 19, 2010, 10:30:13 AM

Listening to Sirius yesterday, Kirwan/T-Rock were not providing a glowing reviews of McKnight...

They said 5th/6th at best.

'sayin.

It's all going to depend on depth at a position in round 3 in my mind. I.e.,  do you take the BPA CB, RB or WR with the 3rd rounder...

I'm leaning towards the CB.  But that's just me.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 19, 2010, 10:34:26 AM

Not dissing the kid, but with his baggage I'm not sure he gets selected.  And as a FA, I'm all over him...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 19, 2010, 11:06:52 AM

Only Browns were there

Hmmm...

micronole

Starter
#39 : March 19, 2010, 11:07:47 AM

I don't know if Blount has issues other than the post-game punch from last year. If not, I would consider him in the 3rd or 4th. I think there is a difference between on-field and off-field conduct.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 19, 2010, 11:09:48 AM

I like Blount quite a bit, and I'd be surprised if he's not drafted. He's not my favorite back in the draft, but he brings something we don't have a lot of - power.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 19, 2010, 11:12:34 AM

I like Blount quite a bit, and I'd be surprised if he's not drafted. He's not my favorite back in the draft, but he brings something we don't have a lot of - power.

It seems like we have an awful lot of balance in our running back stable. I don't really see "Thunder or Lightning".

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 19, 2010, 11:15:16 AM

I actually like Brandon Minor better than Blount or Dixon.

IMO Dixon/ Hardesty will go earlier (so there is more cost involved at the expense of other needs.)

Minor and Blount would be picked at little cost to other positions.

Just saying if we spend a pick on a guy this year I'd rather it be a guy I'm comfortable carrying the load as a full-time starter.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 19, 2010, 11:15:29 AM

I hope hes a Buc so I can LOL at all the people who wanted to throw him under the bus and called him a "thug" than will be cheering when hes scores his first TD.
He was shoved.
sounds like teams arent worried.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=4988909

I mean why would they - its not like the guy assaulted another player on national TV, resisted police restraint, then went after a group of fans.

I'd hate if we drafted him.  

good and NFL teams like I said wouldnt care. I stated this months ago when my brother talked to an NFC scout.

Sure they care  - his draft stock fell a ton when he assaulted that guy.  If they didn't care it wouldn't have fallen...

its because he didnt play. read the article. read senior day reports

You mean didn't play like Dez Bryant (widely considered a top 15 pick) didn't play?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

vladin

Starter

#44 : March 19, 2010, 12:44:33 PM

He's was a 21 year old kid that lost his cool and went bat crap when some guy taunted him after a loss. It was stupid, but come on. Can you honeslty say you never did anything stupid when you were 21? The guy has no police record, no issues with drugs or alcohol. He just had a baby with his wife and is all about being a good father. Plus they set some very strict guidlines that he had to work really hard to achieve to get reinstated after 10 games instead of being suspended the whole year.

You holier than thou guys that judge people so quick kill me. I hope we get this dude in the 4th or 5th. He is a road grader and would be an absolute steal.

dont even bring it up. People think Blount should have been thrown in jail and given no chance to succeed. Thankfully they werent making the decisions. And its obvious who got the decision right... look at Blount look at Bayor chick punching someone... one was 2 games, one was 10 games.

In general, the American public is brutal to those in the public eye who make a mistake while it's "in the moment".  On the upside, the American public is also generally equally as forgiving after a short while.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount has meeting with Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools