Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all this speculation that Dez Bryant falls to the 2nd round « previous next »
Page: 1

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: March 20, 2010, 04:42:23 AM

would he be your choice even if one of the DEs that  could go in the 1st is still avail. such as Dunlap, Griffen or Hughes?  I'm also interested to know which of those three DEs you like the best while I'm at it.  The consensus seems to be DT, DE and WR with the first 3 picks.  The debate concerning which DT has already been discussed to death.  So has which WR to take in the 2nd but not a whole lot of discussion concerning the DEs likely to still be avail.  Not sure which one I like better.  Griffen and Dunlap both look the part but have questions.  Hughes seems more like a rush LB.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : March 20, 2010, 05:09:36 AM

Yes. You don't pass on that value. There's no way he falls that far though, IMO.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dodda45

Starter
#2 : March 20, 2010, 05:18:03 AM

Dez is worth a first round pick and so having him available in the 2nd is a no-brainer...He is my third favorite player in this draft after Suh and McCoy. 

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#3 : March 20, 2010, 06:20:28 AM

It depends on if you think he'll make more of an impact for your team over a DE. It also depends if you are interested in trading for a known WR later on in the draft or not. If you were interested in Brandon Marshall and had the choice of a DE and Bryant at 2A with the possibility of trading your 2b pick to get Marshall I'd say leave Bryant on the board and get the DE or work a deal to use your 2A to get Marshall.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 20, 2010, 10:05:46 AM

I can see Bryant falling that far, he has made himself look bad for months now  - and it doesn't take all that much for guys offering multi-million dollar paydays to shy away from such nonsense.  Hearing he might be hanging with Pacman would be enough for most anyone having decent wrs...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 20, 2010, 11:44:24 AM

No he would not be my choice...at 2a or 2b...no one to mentor the problem child...he would need a 24/7 babysitter...RAHDOM have more to worry about than that, I think?

You must be accountable for your actions!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 20, 2010, 01:05:34 PM

I would draft him at round 2 without question.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2010, 01:06:44 PM

I would take Dez in a freakin heart beat if he were there in the 2nd it absolutely positively won't happen though he won't fall that far.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Bucco Bruce

Starter

#8 : March 20, 2010, 01:07:38 PM

Draft him at 2a, no questions asked.  One of the most talented players in the draft that fills a huge need.  No Brainer!!!!

Good, Better, Best. Never let it rest. Until your Good is Better, and your Better is Best!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2010, 01:46:29 PM

I think Dez will go in the 20's and IMO Graham or Dunlap will fall more likely that it's Dunlap.
But at #35 if they have to choose between a DE and Demaryious Thomas (he won't make it too 42 IMO) I think we should take him cause our rotation of DE's isn't bad but they aren't great, solid for now.
Thomas would help Freeman with an all over gifted WR and we need one bad, and he still has a lot of potential.

This could make 2B the interesting pick cause I doubt Dunlap will fall there and there won't be really any good DE's that we should take there so maybe we take a RB or CB.
Maybe a Joe McKnight RB or at CB a Kareem Jackson.

Just speculation but I would rather have Thomas than one of the DE's and see if Dunlap or someone magically falls.

If for some reason though we take a DE that falls to #35 and Thomas is taken I would be fine with WR Williams, or Benn.
But IMO just to be safe i'd rathe have Thomas at 35 and maybe trade 42 for a player or something.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

GoBucs!

Second String

#10 : March 20, 2010, 02:01:25 PM

If Dez shockingly makes it to our #35 pick then YES!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 20, 2010, 03:01:49 PM

If Dez shockingly makes it to our #35 pick then YES!
There's a chance but I don't see him making it out of the 20's.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Bash

Practice Squad

#12 : March 21, 2010, 07:34:21 PM

A WR with his talent has to do more to drop out of the first, like come up with a positive drug test and get arrested for battery against a female. Don't get too stuck on the Entertainment Tonight mock draft guys or the drama sports writers. He's going in the first.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 21, 2010, 07:39:19 PM

Yes. You don't pass on that value. There's no way he falls that far though, IMO.

Agreed.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: with all this speculation that Dez Bryant falls to the 2nd round « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools