Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think we are overlooking this guy.... « previous next »
Page: 1

: March 05, 2007, 12:08:44 PM

Everyone seems to want Hamlin, and I am not saying he isnt good.  I just think he will be a bit pricey.

Lets take a look at Kevin Kaesviharn.  For Cincy last year he only had 6INTS and 4 SACKS in only 14 games.

The guy is a definate upgrade for us at safety, and he can play the nickle too.  It looks as if we may not sign BK again, so with P-BUC moving to CB, we could move this guys to nickle and or safety.

He comes a lot cheaper then Hamlin too.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 05, 2007, 12:10:13 PM

I've read a couple of other takes on him, and you're right, he could be somebody we will take a look at.  Him being from Cincy and all, is his nose clean?

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

bait619

Starter

#2 : March 05, 2007, 12:11:15 PM

I think that you are a little overzealous for a 30 yo safety that had one good year...but who knows maybe he is the best player nobody has ever heard of

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 05, 2007, 12:11:56 PM

Everyone seems to want Hamlin, and I am not saying he isnt good.  I just think he will be a bit pricey.

Lets take a look at Kevin Kaesviharn.  For Cincy last year he only had 6INTS and 4 SACKS in only 14 games.

The guy is a definate upgrade for us at safety, and he can play the nickle too. It looks as if we may not sign BK again , so with P-BUC moving to CB, we could move this guys to nickle and or safety.

He comes a lot cheaper then Hamlin too.

I agree, we WON'T sign BK again.

He's still under frickin contract!

#4 : March 05, 2007, 12:12:54 PM

Well he has been producing for a couple years actually, but he seems to be a ball hawking safety that can cover some ground.  Perfect for the Tampa 2

#5 : March 05, 2007, 12:14:18 PM

I understand BK is under contract, but he was starting to get burnt on the deep balls, and I DONT FEEL WE WILL BRING HIM BACK AFTER THIS YEAR.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : March 05, 2007, 12:16:02 PM

Does he have a record being he's in Cincy? And I sure hope you're wrong about BK.  We need him.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 05, 2007, 12:16:43 PM

The guy is a definate upgrade for us at safety, and he can play the nickle too

If he is covering a slot we are in some deep trouble

He played out of his mind last year and as Bait said he is 30 and has had one crazy year. If its dirt cheap why not.

Yeah he is clean BTW...

Baghead #2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 05, 2007, 12:17:05 PM

He's a respectable player who I wouldn't mind giving a shot to. I'd hate to think he could be worse than what we've seen the last few years.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 05, 2007, 12:17:24 PM

He is a very good cover safety and he can play nickel in a pinch.  He is definately worth a look but I prefer the Bucs explore their options first with Hamlin,Grant, or Doss.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 05, 2007, 12:29:18 PM

Hamlin does struggle in coverage at times.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 05, 2007, 02:01:54 PM

What's going on with these safeties? - Other than Lewis signing for an absurd amount, there seems to be nothing going on with Deion Grant, Doss, Hamlin, etc.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I think we are overlooking this guy.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools