Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Know this is a little far fetched but.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : March 05, 2007, 12:39:33 PM »

A perfect scenario...

1.  We trade Jake Plummer to Houston for David Carr.
2.  We trade Simms, our #4, and a 3rd or 4th round pick to Oakland for their #1.
(This works because Al Davis loves the deep ball (Simms), Gruden doesnt necessarily like Simms).  We also have garcia as our starter, while grooming Carr.

3.  We draft you know who with the #1, ensuring that we get him, and go defense the next few picks.

I know this is a Madden-esk scenario, but hey I like it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 05, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »

3. We draft you know who with the #1, ensuring that we get him, and go defense the next few picks.

Joe Thomas   ;D

gone

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 05, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »

3. We draft you know who with the #1, ensuring that we get him, and go defense the next few picks.

Joe Thomas   ;D

I pray that's what he meant.  Even then I'd feel stupid...

« #3 : March 05, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »

You could make a case for Joe Thomas or CJ, whichever you prefer.

I told you its far fetched, but I have seen Al Davis in action.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 05, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »

I Just don't get why people want to trade up.  Especially to #1.  It would cost too much to get there and it would also require a large contract to sign whomever we draft.  I just like staying put and grabbing Thomas/Johnson/#1 defensive player/or possibly trading down and pick up extra players or picks.  The team isn't one player away.  We not only need starters but more depth at about every position on defense.  Please Gruden/BA don't trade away picks for any player in the top three....Please.  

« #5 : March 05, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »

You could make a case for Joe Thomas or CJ, whichever you prefer.

LOL....obviously he meant CJ.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 05, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »

I told you its far fetched, but I have seen Al Davis in action.

I think pretty much everyone has, which was probably why he couldn't find a HC. But with his ego being such that he benches capable players like Marcus Allen and Jerry Porter out of shear spite, I just can't see old Al making life any easier for Gruden and the team that embarrassed Raider Nation on the world's biggest stage...

« #7 : March 05, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »

Boid Fink, you read my mind.

Why cant anyone else see this?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #8 : March 05, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »

Where's Boid in this thread??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 05, 2007, 01:03:50 PM »

Sorry bro.  I basically rehashed everything you said...I offered up this idea a few threads ago (actually on Saturday), and I think it makes a ton of sense.

Considering Al Davis is a vertical offense loving guy, Simms has a huge arm, the QBs inthis years FA are thinner than Manute Bol, and everyone wold still get what they wanted.

It does make sense.

« #10 : March 05, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »

Exactly, Al loves the big arm.  That is something noone can take away from Simms.  I think this is possible but many people dont.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #11 : March 05, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »

Careers go to Oak to die.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 05, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »

Sorry bro. I basically rehashed everything you said...I offered up this idea a few threads ago (actually on Saturday), and I think it makes a ton of sense.

Considering Al Davis is a vertical offense loving guy, Simms has a huge arm, the QBs inthis years FA are thinner than Manute Bol, and everyone wold still get what they wanted.

It does make sense.

It would make perfect sense if it wasn't Al Davis. I have no idea why anyone thinks he'd deal with the Bucs for any reason. They're probably the last team in the NFC he'd want to help, in spite of himself..

I just don't see it.

fsubob

Second String

« #13 : March 05, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »

Isn't David Carr past the grooming stage?  Anyway, I know that Gruden is only trying to take away as many QB FAs in order to force Oak to take a QBwith the first pick (staying away from CJ).  This is a more far-fetched scenario (maybe):
1. We trade the rights to Plummer to Houston and get Carr in return.
2. We trade Carr or Simms to Oak and switch our #4 for their #1.  
3. We get a chance before Detroit to get Joe Thomas (I think if both CJ and Thomas were on the board, it would be very unwise to pass on Thomas).  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 05, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Isn't David Carr past the grooming stage?  Anyway, I know that Gruden is only trying to take away as many QB FAs in order to force Oak to take a QBwith the first pick (staying away from CJ).  This is a more far-fetched scenario (maybe):
1. We trade the rights to Plummer to Houston and get Carr in return.
2. We trade Carr or Simms to Oak and switch our #4 for their #1. 
3. We get a chance before Detroit to get Joe Thomas (I think if both CJ and Thomas were on the board, it would be very unwise to pass on Thomas). 

Only problem is that it will take a lot more than #4 + a mediocre QB to get #1 overall.  Plus Davis would probably rather keel over dead than deal with us again.  But who knows, we can dream, right?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Know this is a little far fetched but.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools