Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Know this is a little far fetched but.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucLord

Starter

#15 : March 05, 2007, 01:33:42 PM

A perfect scenario...

1. We trade Jake Plummer to Houston for David Carr.
2. We trade Simms, our #4, and a 3rd or 4th round pick to Oakland for their #1.
(This works because Al Davis loves the deep ball (Simms), Gruden doesnt necessarily like Simms). We also have garcia as our starter, while grooming Carr.

3. We draft you know who with the #1, ensuring that we get him, and go defense the next few picks.

I know this is a Madden-esk scenario, but hey I like it.

Wont happen, why would the Texans trade for a QB thats retired?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2007, 01:40:33 PM

Wont happen, why would the Texans trade for a QB thats retired?

If you think about it too long it will burn your noodle.

BucLord

Starter

#17 : March 05, 2007, 01:41:13 PM

Boid Fink, you read my mind.

Why cant anyone else see this?

Sorry bro. I basically rehashed everything you said...I offered up this idea a few threads ago (actually on Saturday), and I think it makes a ton of sense.

Considering Al Davis is a vertical offense loving guy, Simms has a huge arm, the QBs inthis years FA are thinner than Manute Bol, and everyone wold still get what they wanted.

It does make sense.

Why would Al Davis want Simms, he has Walter. I watched him at Arizona and he has a better arm than Simms and more accurate and he doesnt get his balls batted down. Andrew Walter broke every record Elway ever had in college. And trying to pull one over Al Davis will never happen. He's one of the better ones in the business. He did afterall trad Phillip Buchannon to the Texans for a 2nd and 3rd rd pick with whom the Texans cut a year later. Davis also traded Doug Jolley to the Jets for a 2nd rd pick who was cut a year later and by the way, we have both those losers on our team.

We aint pulling one on Al Davis, so lets all stop the crazy talk about trading up to #1. Only way that happens is we are going to have to give up this years 2nd rd pick and next years 2nd or next years 1st might work, but I doubt it

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

vipmark

Starter
#18 : March 05, 2007, 01:42:46 PM

A retired Plummer must return a portion of his bonus to denver....+ no base pay = over 10 mil....I'd bet he plays

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 05, 2007, 01:44:40 PM

Walter has a strong arm but to say he has a better arm than Simms is a stretch.

Jolley is an UFA and if you think Buchanon is a "loser" I can say with confidence you are not a Bucs fan and you did not watch a single game last year.

BucLord

Starter

#20 : March 05, 2007, 01:49:33 PM

Walter has a strong arm but to say he has a better arm than Simms is a stretch.

Jolley is an UFA and if you think Buchanon is a "loser" I can say with confidence you are not a Bucs fan and you did not watch a single game last year.

He's been on 3 teams in 2 years, and released by the Texans, but you keep drinking that koolaid, I'm sure you'll find a way to say its refreshing even though its sour

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

edwamil83

Starter
#21 : March 05, 2007, 01:51:22 PM

Boid Fink, you read my mind.

Why cant anyone else see this?

Sorry bro. I basically rehashed everything you said...I offered up this idea a few threads ago (actually on Saturday), and I think it makes a ton of sense.

Considering Al Davis is a vertical offense loving guy, Simms has a huge arm, the QBs inthis years FA are thinner than Manute Bol, and everyone wold still get what they wanted.

It does make sense.

Actually if the Raiders got Simms wouldn't they prefer CJ then?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 05, 2007, 01:54:36 PM

BucLord

Stop embarrasing yourself.

Walter having a stronger arm than Chris?  Have you watched Simms play?   To say Walter has a stronger arm than Chris shows you clearly have not watched Simms and the Bucs play.

Now onto Buchanon:

If you watched him play this past year (which I am 100% certain of now that you didn't with your response) showed he can play.

Any Bucs fan that has watched or followed the Bucs should know these things.  Suprisingly BucLord does not know these simple things.

BucLord

Starter

#23 : March 05, 2007, 02:46:22 PM

BucLord

Stop embarrasing yourself.

Walter having a stronger arm than Chris?  Have you watched Simms play?   To say Walter has a stronger arm than Chris shows you clearly have not watched Simms and the Bucs play.

Now onto Buchanon:

If you watched him play this past year (which I am 100% certain of now that you didn't with your response) showed he can play.

Any Bucs fan that has watched or followed the Bucs should know these things. Suprisingly BucLord does not know these simple things.

I'm a season ticket holder

Yeah, he was so good he only started 4 games for us. And not only did we find a "gem" we thought so much of his play last year we re-signed him to a "2 year deal"

And he's only 26, yeah.. your right, we found a goodin'

And I was there agaisnt Atlanta when PB got his interception, it was a horrible pass by Vick and and PB caught it in the endzone. And lets not try and get all exicted about his int vs the Browns okay? It was frekin Derek Anderson of all QB's, a 2 year player with just 5 starts in his career that day, and he threw 5 int's that game. So lets not try and turn PB into Champ Bailey okay?

But you keep drinking that koolaid

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 05, 2007, 02:57:26 PM

Season ticket holder?

Keep digging that hole deeper Saints/Falcons/PanthersLord. :D

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : March 05, 2007, 03:14:42 PM

Come on BucLord we all know that Buchannon was good for us this season.

I like the scenario, but I don't think we'll be trading Plummer since he is retired. I would like to, but doubt it will happen.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 05, 2007, 03:50:45 PM

How about swapping Carr and Simms and let the Texans deal with Al Davis for Simms?  It's just Plummer in reverse.  Man, that thought just cracks me up!!!  I think in view of what we all suffered last year, that to upgrade our entire corps of QBs is not a bad idea.  It's not a great idea from now on tho because it's a lot of effort for not a lot of quality..still trading Simms makes sense because I'm afraid he doesn't fit the strategy here.  That way, Gruden can have all right handers ( I made this uip and have no idea if it's true)...all on the same page until we find our knight in shinning armor.

That's what I find so annoying about Karen's comments.  It seems she doesn't accept that we've made due with what is possible and upgraded.  How can one be so crtical about the quality of the QB when Manning, Brady, et al are not available???  What are we supposed to do just sit and twiddle our hands and whine that there's nothing good out there? No.  I love that Bruce & Jon were aggressive and improved our situation as best AS IS POSSIBLE. How can you criticize that?  I dont get it.

Buchannon was excellent last year.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Know this is a little far fetched but.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools