Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: IRS will steal more money to fund Health Care « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 22, 2010, 05:52:52 PM

Raises a very good point though:

?To think that we?ve gotten to a point where we allow our presidents just to write an executive order as the law of the land, there?s nothing conceivable about that being Constitutional,? said Paul.

You'd rather use taxpayer money to pay for abortions?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 22, 2010, 06:53:19 PM

Raises a very good point though:

?To think that we?ve gotten to a point where we allow our presidents just to write an executive order as the law of the land, there?s nothing conceivable about that being Constitutional,? said Paul.

You'd rather use taxpayer money to pay for abortions?
His executive order doesn't extend out far enough to prevent it I don't believe Brads - he can only control the executive branch.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 22, 2010, 07:03:06 PM

I know Republicans stink, but they sure are the lessor of two evils....

I wonder if the Democratic Party is going to survive the Obama administration.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 22, 2010, 07:28:54 PM

I was wondering that as well - if the economy is not moving upward quickly by October - well I think there will be a lot of dems in the unemployment lines

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

original

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 23, 2010, 08:28:56 AM

I was wondering that as well - if the economy is not moving upward quickly by October - well I think there will be a lot of dems in the unemployment lines

And they better have insurance like the rest of the unemployed.  The next election will see a lot of R's get elected.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 23, 2010, 10:09:52 AM

And they better have insurance like the rest of the unemployed. The next election will see a lot of R's get elected.

Members of Congress are fully vested with lifetime health benefits after 5 years of service. Losing their jobs isn't quite the trauma that it is for us common folk.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 23, 2010, 01:03:05 PM

And they better have insurance like the rest of the unemployed. The next election will see a lot of R's get elected.

Members of Congress are fully vested with lifetime health benefits after 5 years of service. Losing their jobs isn't quite the trauma that it is for us common folk.
Are they eligible for unemployment?  Assuming they are too young to get to their retirement benefits...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 23, 2010, 01:17:16 PM

Are they eligible for unemployment? Assuming they are too young to get to their retirement benefits...

From Unemployment Guidelines:

If you were DISCHARGED, the hearing will develop information to determine if the discharge was due to conduct in the course of employment which constituted deliberate misconduct, a single knowing violation of a reasonable and uniformly-enforced rule or policy, larceny of property or services whose value exceeded $25 or theft of currency of any value, or felonious conduct. If you were discharged for absenteeism, your employer must show that you were absent without either good cause for the absence or notice to the employer which you could have reasonably provided under the circumstances for three separate instances within a twelve month period.

I think they would be denied their claim based on the larceny stipulation or possibly the felonious conduct clause.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 23, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Works for me Keva - that is exactly what I see happening

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ron Paul: IRS will steal more money to fund Health Care « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools