Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If CJ/JT are not available at #4...how come no one has mentioned Landry? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Shag

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 05, 2007, 04:30:15 PM

IMO, Okoye would be a slight upgrade over Wyms. Wyms had 5 sacks playing 6 games... I would rather have LaRon Landry over Okoye,and Quinn. Im not sure about Gaines Adams..
I would be happy with Gaines Adams or Laron Landry..
Both feels in a huge need

Safety is not a huge need. Pass rush upgrades the secondary.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 05, 2007, 04:38:55 PM

Okoye doesn't have 1/10th the credentials that Sapp did coming out of college.  There is no comparison between the two based on production.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 05, 2007, 04:40:18 PM

IMO, Okoye would be a slight upgrade over Wyms. Wyms had 5 sacks playing 6 games... I would rather have LaRon Landry over Okoye,and Quinn. Im not sure about Gaines Adams..
I would be happy with Gaines Adams or Laron Landry..
Both feels in a huge need

Safety is not a huge need. Pass rush upgrades the secondary.
Like I said, Wyms is good enough when he plays. He has been playing hurt all year and got 5 sacks playing 6 games.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 05, 2007, 04:40:47 PM

Okoye doesn't have 1/10th the credentials that Sapp did coming out of college. There is no comparison between the two based on production.
Okoye had a hair over 10 sacks.

Over his ENTIRE college career.

Not exactly Sapp-like, IMO.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 05, 2007, 04:43:03 PM

Okoye doesn't have 1/10th the credentials that Sapp did coming out of college. There is no comparison between the two based on production.
Okoye had a hair over 10 sacks.

Over his ENTIRE college career.

Not exactly Sapp-like, IMO.
OVERRATED

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2007, 04:45:55 PM

The things you have to remeber is... HE IS 19!!! At 18 years old he posted 9 sacks. Thats freaking amazing. This guy is as smart as they come and has the completely right attitude. You can train this guy to fit whatever defense you have. Bye far one of the safest picks in the draft.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 05, 2007, 04:46:14 PM

Whobdis - Sanders pretty much makes my point. You can get impact safeties much later in the day. Sanders was the 44th pick in the draft. Ed Reed, arguably the best safety in football, was taken 24th.

No argument there..4th pick would be high for a safety. But there has been some reference that the Tampa 2 D isn't in
need of great safeties and I disagree. We've seen this D with some damn good safety play..and lately with some rather
poor safety play. To be sure it's not entirely their fault but an upgrade just may do wonders for the rest of the D.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 05, 2007, 04:52:27 PM

Whobdis - Sanders pretty much makes my point. You can get impact safeties much later in the day. Sanders was the 44th pick in the draft. Ed Reed, arguably the best safety in football, was taken 24th.

No argument there..4th pick would be high for a safety. But there has been some reference that the Tampa 2 D isn't in
need of great safeties and I disagree. We've seen this D with some damn good safety play..and lately with some rather
poor safety play. To be sure it's not entirely their fault but an upgrade just may do wonders for the rest of the D.

agreed.  they are in on every play on defense.  that's not important?  FS is usually considered the qb of the defense.  i also don't buy the argument that we should never draft a cb before round 3.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If CJ/JT are not available at #4...how come no one has mentioned Landry? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools