Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any other HC in the NFL could have led the Bucs to better than 3-13 in 2009 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 24, 2010, 12:03:05 AM

The coaching was bad. And yes we would have won more games. But not that many more. Maybe 3-4 Max. While that looks better than 3-13, it still would be poor and another failure of a season by most standards

If you are going to be bad, might as well be horribly bad.   To get high draft picks...

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 24, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

This thread is like a car full of clowns.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 24, 2010, 12:11:34 AM

I have a strong feeling that if Raheem Morris had been the Colts head coach this past season they would have made they playoffs. I also have a strong feeling that if Jim Caldwell had been the Bucs coach this last season the Bucs still would have a top 5 draft pick.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 24, 2010, 12:20:04 AM

at least we wont have to hear draft Tebow anymore once the draft is over..... ::)

i do like the opposite of intellectual approach though. it reminds us all how stupid trolls can be.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 24, 2010, 12:20:26 AM

I have a strong feeling that if Raheem Morris had been the Colts head coach this past season they would have made they playoffs. I also have a strong feeling that if Jim Caldwell had been the Bucs coach this last season the Bucs still would have a top 5 draft pick.
bingo

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 24, 2010, 12:22:00 AM

but hey if tebow can win football games while having no Qb skills then anything is possible

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 24, 2010, 12:41:44 AM

I think the Colts could have made the playoffs, but as a wild card - only because Peyton is so damn good and he wouldn't have had anything to do with Raheem. 

I think the Bucs would have gone 5-11 with Caldwell.  He's one of the worst head coaches in the NFL.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 24, 2010, 12:45:19 AM

I think the Colts could have made the playoffs, but as a wild card - only because Peyton is so damn good and he wouldn't have had anything to do with Raheem.

Replace some words and you can say the same about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense of the 2000's

Haha

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 24, 2010, 01:13:39 AM

"But the core of the problem is the head coach."

Make your argument. �State your case. �

2008: 9-7, 2009: 3-13.  Same team, different coach.   Nuff said.

LMAO

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 24, 2010, 01:15:29 AM

Same team when he took it over.   Every single player was the same.    He's the one who changed it after he took over.

#25 : March 24, 2010, 12:52:33 AM

"Any other HC in the NFL could have led the Bucs to better than 3-13 in 2009. That is a fact."

No.  THAT is unmistakably an opinion.

"This Bucs team is not as low on talent as many of you would like to believe."

No.  Many may "believe" the Bucs are low on talent, but few if any of your audience would "like" to believe the Bucs talent is low.

"They should have finished better than 3-13, but the coaching was terrible."

Are you trying to say 3-13 was an accomplishment in spite of the poor coaching, or that 3-13 fell short of ability b/c of the poor coaching?  

Can you be specific about what "coaching was terrible"?

"There's a lot of talk about the Bucs "improving" in 2010.   Well, sure they can improve a little on the player front due to many draft picks."

Yes, the Bucs have "many draft picks", and one or a few of those draft picks may help the Bucs improve this year; however, logic and life compel other, more sound, bases for all this "talk about the Bucs 'improving' in 2010", such as an easier schedule (4th place sked v. 3rd place sked); starting QB in 2nd yr w/same coaches;  head coach in 2d year;  offensive scheme implemented last yr to continue this yr;  defensive scheme implemented at end of last yr to continue this yr;  coach/schemes/player continuity; etc.

Make your argument.  State your case.  Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend whose love for drama ruled her life - no reasons, no reasoning, nonsensical statements of emotion exclaimed in search of attention.  

"A replacement [for the head coach] and the Bucs would have had a shot at the playoffs in 2010 given their weak schedule.   Does nobody [sic] else realize this?"

Yes, other people realize that the Bucs have a shot at making the playoffs in 2010 even if Rah coaches.  His D played well under his coaching.  Making the playoffs this year is moot - we don't have the talent to win the SB, so IMO the more important result for the Bucs to achieve is filling as many gaping holes at WR, DT, DE, SS and holes at OT, RB, WR, OLB, DE, and CB this year and become competitive.  If all goes right, the Bucs will still have  few holes to fill via FA and the draft the following year, but should emerge as  playoff contender next 5-7 yrs after that.

Finally, while gross generalizations are easy to spew, singling out Rah as THE cause of the Bucs failures last year is ignorant.  You know how/why certain coaching decisions went down last year that weren't Rah's.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 24, 2010, 12:59:33 AM

Make your argument.  State your case.  

You must not read the board much.  I've made that case already.   At least 1000 times.   2008: 9-7, 2009: 3-13.  Same team, different coach.   Nuff said.

JDrew

Rookie

#27 : March 24, 2010, 01:30:56 AM

Make your argument. �State your case. �

You must not read the board much.  I've made that case already.   At least 1000 times.   2008: 9-7, 2009: 3-13.  Same team, different coach.   Nuff said.

WRONG.
We lost haye, brooks, carter, buchanon,dunn, june, M. bryant, Garcia, Hilliard, Adams, and Smith. ALL were starters
We also had sears, Bidwell, phillips on I.R. early in the season
AB was gone half the season, faine was gone for 4 games, and t jack didnt come back till the 5th game of the season.
Almost all players that took these players starting roles were starting for their first time. (Hayes, black, freeman, mack, stovall, stroughter, zutah, barth, wilkerson)

I do however believe that a more experienced head coach could have gotten a few more wins out of what we had; but only 2-3 max.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 24, 2010, 01:32:26 AM

I do however believe that a more experienced head coach could have gotten a few more wins out of what we had

Not just an experienced head coach.  Any of the other rookie coaches (with the possible exception of Zorn) would have also.   Then again, Zorn did beat Raheem last year in their only contest.   Zorn would have won more as well...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 24, 2010, 02:07:40 AM

I've made that case already.   At least 1000 times.   

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".  ~ Albert Einstein
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any other HC in the NFL could have led the Bucs to better than 3-13 in 2009 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools