Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Glazer explains reasons for lower Payroll... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#15 : March 24, 2010, 03:20:17 PM

This will not fit with the Grudenista agenda I don't believe but who knows.

The first paragraph of your first post in this thread proves you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Our drafting has been poor since Dungy took over, I see you conveniently "forgot" to mention that. Nah, to you it's all Gruden.

It's funny how our greedy owners can make excuse after excuse over why they don't spend money and fools like you eat it up. Wonder what their excuse is about not spending money on ManU. It's all about their greed, nothing more..anyone who believes otherwise is a damn fool.
Dungy's success rate in the draft was much compared to Gruden. Any Player Dungy Drafted would have been up for extension long ago. They would be at least 10 year vets. Gruden's drafts are the ones that impact the current state of spending 04-08.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 24, 2010, 03:23:17 PM

The first paragraph of your first post in this thread proves you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Our drafting has been poor since Dungy took over, I see you conveniently "forgot" to mention that. Nah, to you it's all Gruden.

It's funny how our greedy owners can make excuse after excuse over why they don't spend money and fools like you eat it up. Wonder what their excuse is about not spending money on ManU. It's all about their greed, nothing more..anyone who believes otherwise is a damn fool.

Bad Dungy drafts + losing 6 High draft picks on Keyshawn/Gruden + bad Gruden drafts = the mess we're in right now

Question: Does making MAJOR CUTBACKS at OneBucPlace support "this new propaganda bit/building a championship team"...or does it reinforce the view that "some people are just looking at bottom line PROFITS"?  And why did the PublicRelations guy quit???

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#17 : March 24, 2010, 03:25:42 PM

I don't really get the hostility toward the Glazers. Why do people take it personally?

The economy is down even for wealthy people. I don't know why people blame them for that.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 24, 2010, 03:26:31 PM

Dungy's success rate in the draft was much compared to Gruden. Any Player Dungy Drafted would have been up for extension long ago. They would be at least 10 year vets. Gruden's drafts are the ones that impact the current state of spending 04-08.

Then you haven't actually looked at Dungy's draft history. It was ATROCIOUS. Gruden's draft record was easily as good or better than Dungy's and he was without several premium picks to start off his tenure here. None of that really matters though, because our draft history has nothing to do with why the Glazer's refuse to spend money. Until you realize that you're helpless. The Glazer's don't spend money on Manchester United either, don't you find that interesting? There's no draft excuse to hide behind over there, hmm....what could it be?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#19 : March 24, 2010, 03:26:40 PM

Oh so those "washed up street FA" that helped win that Super Bowl mean nothing huh?? And Rah Rah had a great draft?? We shall see..........

those guys were brought in after we had drafted a core of players who could compete for a championship.  the bigtime signings of keyshawn, brad johnson, and simeon were all a response to being a TD away from the superbowl in '99 with a core of players very much in their prime.  if you added keyshawn and simeon rice at their peak to this roster, you'd still have a 3rd or 4th place team in this division

Did they win a Super Bowl??? Buc fans are so ungreatful...I have never seen anything like it in my life. Did Gruden do some bad things sure he did, but to put all the blame on him is GOOBERVILLE! I would take Grudens issues any day over Rah Rah 3-13 garbage

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 24, 2010, 03:28:24 PM

Bad Dungy drafts + losing 6 High draft picks on Keyshawn/Gruden + bad Gruden drafts = the mess we're in right now

Question: Does making MAJOR CUTBACKS at OneBucPlace support "this new propaganda bit/building a championship team"...or does it reinforce the view that "some people are just looking at bottom line PROFITS"? �And why did the PublicRelations guy quit???

I can agree with that, although you have to also add into your equation the Glazer's not spending money. There are zero teams in the NFL today who could consistently win games without FA, not a single one.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#21 : March 24, 2010, 03:28:51 PM

The Glazer boys thank you for drinking.

I wish I could keep all you band wagoners off when the Bucs are competing again but there are more idiots than educated fans.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 24, 2010, 03:30:46 PM

I don't really get the hostility toward the Glazers. Why do people take it personally?

The economy is down even for wealthy people. I don't know why people blame them for that.

It's because they own two teams, and spend money on neither. No sports fan is going to be happy with that, ESPECIALLY crazed soccer fans. Because of their greed they refuse to sell either team, that makes them very deserving of everything said about them.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#23 : March 24, 2010, 03:31:00 PM

Then you haven't actually looked at Dungy's draft history. It was ATROCIOUS. Gruden's draft record was easily as good or better than Dungy's and he was without several premium picks to start off his tenure here. None of that really matters though, because our draft history has nothing to do with why the Glazer's refuse to spend money. Until you realize that you're helpless. The Glazer's don't spend money on Manchester United either, don't you find that interesting? There's no draft excuse to hide behind over there, hmm....what could it be?
Man U has won the Premier league 2 out of 3 years I believe. With no former draft picks worth big money deals, who do you spend on?????

Madman

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 24, 2010, 03:32:34 PM

I wish I could keep all you band wagoners off when the Bucs are competing again but their are more idiots than educated fans.

I love irony.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 24, 2010, 03:39:08 PM

Man U has won the Premier league 2 out of 3 years I believe. With no former draft picks worth big money deals, who do you spend on?????

I think you need to read up on that situation a little more. Multiply the typical Bucs fan hatred for the Glazer's by 10 and you'll understand how a ManU fan feels. They DESPISE the Glazer's, and for good reason. Most of the Glazer's earnings from ManU goes to pay off the interest on all the money they borrowed to buy the team.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 24, 2010, 03:40:50 PM

While I agree with a lot of what he says, it still fails to address the fact that we've done almost NO free agency spending for several years now. I get it this year, but there have been some very solid free agency classes with some younger guys that we simply passed up on.

It also seems like maybe they should have done something a couple years ago. I mean, if the Glazers' philosophy has always been to build through the draft, it shouldn't have taken them until 2009 to realize that Gruden/Allen failed miserably in that area. I'd also hesitate to give much blame to Gruden if the problem is basically all on poor drafting...I mean yeah, I'm sure he had a lot of say in those picks, but ultimately isn't it the GM's job to make the final call?

Oh, and we also consistently traded away picks during Gruden's regime rather than accumulating them. So again, where were the Glazers when this was happening?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#27 : March 24, 2010, 03:41:25 PM

I think you need to read up on that situation a little more. Multiply the typical Bucs fan hatred for the Glazer's by 10 and you'll understand how a ManU fan feels. They DESPISE the Glazer's, and for good reason. Most of the Glazer's earnings from ManU goes to pay off the interest on all the money they borrowed to buy the team.
They hated them from the moment they bought the team because they were American before anything about money and it just grew from there.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#28 : March 24, 2010, 03:43:27 PM

The Glazer boys thank you for drinking.

I wish I could keep all you band wagoners off when the Bucs are competing again but there are more idiots than educated fans.

haha...you have no idea what a band wagon fan is..I am a die hard Bucs fan, I spend hours on this site when I should be working...However, I don't agree with the direction my team is going...I HATE 3-13 sorry

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#29 : March 24, 2010, 03:44:48 PM

While I agree with a lot of what he says, it still fails to address the fact that we've done almost NO free agency spending for several years now. I get it this year, but there have been some very solid free agency classes with some younger guys that we simply passed up on.

It also seems like maybe they should have done something a couple years ago. I mean, if the Glazers' philosophy has always been to build through the draft, it shouldn't have taken them until 2009 to realize that Gruden/Allen failed miserably in that area. I'd also hesitate to give much blame to Gruden if the problem is basically all on poor drafting...I mean yeah, I'm sure he had a lot of say in those picks, but ultimately isn't it the GM's job to make the final call?
We Signed Faine to the largest C Deal ever 2 years ago. Most years there are about 5 impact FA's (Pro bowl type players under 30) and the Bucs even under the most Ideal conditions could not outbid the Skins or other teams. Only 1 team can sign a player.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Glazer explains reasons for lower Payroll... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools