Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Glazer explains reasons for lower Payroll... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#165 : March 26, 2010, 10:23:05 AM

If they stay out of next year's FA market. Then I'd say that this not getting someone in FA because they're 'cheap'
will have a leg to stand on. Right now, it doesn't in my mind.

people have been saying this for about 3 years now
The Bucs spent a bunch in free agency in 2007 and 2009.

They spent just enough to keep them above the league mandated salary floor.    You are proud of that?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#166 : March 26, 2010, 10:27:42 AM

If they stay out of next year's FA market. Then I'd say that this not getting someone in FA because they're 'cheap'

They spent just enough to keep them above the league mandated salary floor. � �You are proud of that?
If Gruden could have drafted talent that was worth a crap then the owners would have something to spend on. Gruden is the Shaq of the NFL Draft. Brick after Brick after Brick.

Bucs Draft Picks in the Gruden era.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#167 : March 26, 2010, 10:29:32 AM

The Glazers are lucky that people like PWNASAURUS are blindly following them.
Blind huh. Seems like I'm the only one looking beneath a label at the true underlying factors of why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are where they are at. I have been trying to break this down for months to people but they choose to ignore the facts because it doesn't fit their agenda. The only people blindly following are the ones like yourself who just follow the masses who blindly say, "Glazers are cheap, Glazers are broke, Glazers don't care, Crying about FA that wasn't there, blah, blah..."
I don't care about FA. It's not about the money, it's principle. The Glazer boys don't give a shlt about the Buccaneers, no matter how you try and sugarcoat it.
That's your opinion and your entitled to it but the underlying facts and their recent comments say otherwise.

If they truly "cared", then Morris isn't the HC period.
It's only been 1 year guy, 1 year. Step away from the ledge. Thanks Goodness Jerry Jones Fired Jimmy Johnson after that horrible 1-15 that should have been 0-16. Whew.

JJ had a successful track record in college, Morris ... a "successful" DB coach.  How many coordinators did JJ fire by the midpoint of his first season?  JJ and the cowgirls also benefitted from a ridiculous trade of picks for Walker with the Vikings, maybe the Bucs can find a sorry sap in the league to trade the world for Caddy.

Great comparison.  LMAO.   How did Richard Williamson do in that little experiment?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#168 : March 26, 2010, 10:32:21 AM

They spent just enough to keep them above the league mandated salary floor. � �You are proud of that?
If Gruden could have drafted talent that was worth a crap then the owners would have something to spend on. Gruden is the Shaq of the NFL Draft. Brick after Brick after Brick.

how much did the geniuses currently running this ship give one of those bricks last year?    oh yeah, we're in great hands now.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#169 : March 26, 2010, 10:34:07 AM

"Have you guys ever seen a big, beautiful mansion? It doesn't get that way over night man. You've gotta put the blocks down. You've gotta come out to the practice field and put blocks down every day. Remember that. "

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#170 : March 26, 2010, 12:46:18 PM

Blind huh. Seems like I'm the only one looking beneath a label at the true underlying factors of why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are where they are at. I have been trying to break this down for months to people but they choose to ignore the facts because it doesn't fit their agenda. The only people blindly following are the ones like yourself who just follow the masses who blindly say, "Glazers are cheap, Glazers are broke, Glazers don't care, Crying about FA that wasn't there, blah, blah..."
I don't care about FA. It's not about the money, it's principle. The Glazer boys don't give a shlt about the Buccaneers, no matter how you try and sugarcoat it.
That's your opinion and your entitled to it but the underlying facts and their recent comments say otherwise.

Based on what exactly, are you that convinced that Morris will be a disaster as a HC based on only his first year as a HC.  He's done some crappy things, but he's also done some pretty good things too.  Hopefully experience will clear up the blunders and increase the good things.  All I'm saying is that we need more time to really grasp what Morris is or isn't.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#171 : March 26, 2010, 12:48:37 PM

FWIW this was a terrible terrible FA class, spending money just to spend money isn't a good plan for a young team.  I think scaling back and not giving in to the fans desires that the FO "just do something" and really evaluate the value and longevity of bringing in FA's this year was a very smart move.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#172 : March 26, 2010, 12:51:08 PM

which one is it? is it dungy left the team at 9-7 and gruden capitalized or Or is gruden left the team 9-7 and Morris screwed it up? you cant have it both ways.
Gruden Capitalized and Left the team in shambles.

What's going to be priceless is the faces on some of you when the Morris/Freeman/Dominick experiment fails and they have to start rebuilding again in 4 years.  The Hate for Gruden runs deep in some of you. 

It will be just as good to see the faces on some of you when the Morris/Freeman/Dominick experiment succeeds and watch the backpedaling or outright denial.  I never hated Gruden, but it was time for a change.  Pull out the old dying tree, and plant a new seed.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#173 : March 26, 2010, 03:20:08 PM

Based on what exactly, are you that convinced that Morris will be a disaster as a HC based on only his first year as a HC. He's done some crappy things, but he's also done some pretty good things too. Hopefully experience will clear up the blunders and increase the good things. All I'm saying is that we need more time to really grasp what Morris is or isn't.

There is no way that Morris was even in the top 5 potential candidates for HC last offseason.  Maybe not even the top 10.   I don't even really care if he "grows" into the next Vince Lombardi (which  I very highly doubt he will), it's still a joke that I paid full price as a fan to watch the garbage that unfolded last season.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#174 : March 26, 2010, 03:21:26 PM

which one is it? is it dungy left the team at 9-7 and gruden capitalized or Or is gruden left the team 9-7 and Morris screwed it up? you cant have it both ways.
Gruden Capitalized and Left the team in shambles.

What's going to be priceless is the faces on some of you when the Morris/Freeman/Dominick experiment fails and they have to start rebuilding again in 4 years.  The Hate for Gruden runs deep in some of you. 

It will be just as good to see the faces on some of you when the Morris/Freeman/Dominick experiment succeeds and watch the backpedaling or outright denial. I never hated Gruden, but it was time for a change. Pull out the old dying tree, and plant a new seed.

Gruden's name shouldn't even be in the conversation anymore
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Glazer explains reasons for lower Payroll... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools