Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is there so Much whining about Spending... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PWNASAURUS

Starter

: March 24, 2010, 03:25:57 PM

and little or none about the drafting of this team. That is the #1 reason and largest by far of a lack of Player Payroll. The Glazers don't make the draft picks last time I checked. The poor drafting from 2001-2008 has a direct correlation with the lack of spending. It's pretty simple if you think about it not just join the bash brothers. Use your own mind and do some research.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#1 : March 24, 2010, 03:28:09 PM

How has this team proven it can draft so great to build a team??

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 24, 2010, 03:29:50 PM

and little or none about the drafting of this team. That is the #1 reason and largest by far of a lack of Player Payroll. The Glazers don't make the draft picks last time I checked. The poor drafting from 2001-2008 has a direct correlation with the lack of spending. It's pretty simple if you think about it not just join the bash brothers. Use your own mind and do some research.

I'm guessing you were to young to enjoy the Culverhouse years. This is Deja Vu.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#3 : March 24, 2010, 03:32:54 PM

The poor drafting started before 2001, but, most teams don't draft well. Teams that draft well usually are fortunate enough to hit on a few and it makes the other talent drafted around them look better.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#4 : March 24, 2010, 03:33:46 PM

How has this team proven it can draft so great to build a team??
A good start was dumping Gruden/Allen. Now the scouts and others actually have an opinion that;s heard or valued.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#5 : March 24, 2010, 03:34:54 PM

The poor drafting started before 2001, but, most teams don't draft well. Teams that draft well usually are fortunate enough to hit on a few and it makes the other talent drafted around them look better.

That's my point to base building your team just on the draft is stupid..period

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#6 : March 24, 2010, 03:37:40 PM

I was there and this is def not the same. Culverhouse let players go who were worthy of a big extension. The Glazers don't have any players worth a big extension. They have never let a great player leave over money, maybe age, injury concerns, or attitude, but not money. Name me one former Buc from 2001-2009 that got a big FA deal from another team and deserved it???

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#7 : March 24, 2010, 03:38:38 PM

That's my point to base building your team just on the draft is stupid..period
Well then I guess we stupidly won a SB in 2002 because the base was built via the draft.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 24, 2010, 03:40:36 PM

I was there and this is def not the same. Culverhouse let players go who were worthy of a big extension. The Glazers don't have any players worth a big extension. They have never let a great player leave over money, maybe age, injury concerns, or attitude, but not money. Name me one former Buc from 2001-2009 that got a big FA deal from another team and deserved it???

So you think the bucs can build a team only using the draft??

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#9 : March 24, 2010, 03:58:03 PM

If this were The Glazers real problem... they would have actually went out and gotten a proven GM and replaced the scouting department.  Instead they promoted the same schmucks who have been here for over 10 years.  Hickey and Dominick have been in the room all of the years you mention... and some how have been awarded for their ineptness... 

The reason being... they come cheap... just like our "learn on the job" head coach.  Because the Glazies don't want to spend money on quality front office and coachin staff... because these types of people will all want to sign quality players... which cost money... all the way around... it all comes back to money and the Glazers desire not to part with it.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#10 : March 24, 2010, 04:00:35 PM

The core 20 players should come from the draft or trade because you can't sign another teams player until they become a FA 5 years in. Most teams don't let good young players leave so yes you must build the core of young vets from the draft.

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#11 : March 24, 2010, 04:03:25 PM

If this were The Glazers real problem... they would have actually went out and gotten a proven GM and replaced the scouting department.  Instead they promoted the same schmucks who have been here for over 10 years.  Hickey and Dominick have been in the room all of the years you mention... and some how have been awarded for their ineptness... 

The reason being... they come cheap... just like our "learn on the job" head coach.  Because the Glazies don't want to spend money on quality front office and coachin staff... because these types of people will all want to sign quality players... which cost money... all the way around... it all comes back to money and the Glazers desire not to part with it.
Since Rich Mckay was fired those guys job consisted of pushing paper to Gru/Allen. Gruden most valued the opinion of himself and college coaches whom the player played for. Gruden had Final Say, that's a given.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 24, 2010, 04:05:09 PM

No one has said they're going to build a team only through the draft. The Bucs spent over $40 million in 2009 on players they didn't draft.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#13 : March 24, 2010, 04:06:34 PM

Since Rich Mckay was fired those guys job consisted of pushing paper to Gru/Allen. Gruden most valued the opinion of himself and college coaches whom the player played for. Gruden had Final Say, that's a given.

Ok you're right that's better... We now have glorified paper pushers running the show... I feel much better.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#14 : March 24, 2010, 04:08:57 PM

No one has said they're going to build a team only through the draft. The Bucs spent over $40 million in 2009 on players they didn't draft.

Yeah... they never would reach the salary floor if they hadn't.   The rules required them to do so... they are not encumbered by such things this year and look how it's playing out... Glazers won't even let Dominick use the phone.  I heard if he wants to dial long distance he has to dial 10-10-2-20 before the number.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why is there so Much whining about Spending... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools