Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's Flood: Duemig Just Mentioned PR and This Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #15 : March 05, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »

Even for a fourth, it is steep, but if the Bucs rid themselves of Snake, and pick up up a fourth for him one spot deeper, it was worth it, IMO.  Whatever it takes.  And fwiw, I think Plummer would have been sent to Houston for either a third, or Carr straight up, which would have been very nice.  Because it makes Simms tradeable, and his value is up there in this years FA I suspect.  Espescially to a team like the Raiders who LOVE his deep ball skills...and who doesn't draft QBs...

gone

Hall of Famer
« #16 : March 05, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »

He didn't say he didn't like the Plummer deal as it is now. He said he didn't like the original
attempt to get Jake for a 4th rounder. I didn't like it either.

The problem is that the media reported it as "probably a 4th round pick" but it was never officially announced that way. For all we know the original deal was exactly how it went down.

So how can he give the 'original' trade a grade when it wasn't what "officially" happened?

Per King MMQB its a 4th or 7th in '08

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #17 : March 05, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »

He didn't say he didn't like the Plummer deal as it is now. He said he didn't like the original
attempt to get Jake for a 4th rounder. I didn't like it either.

The problem is that the media reported it as "probably a 4th round pick" but it was never officially announced that way. For all we know the original deal was exactly how it went down.

So how can he give the 'original' trade a grade when it wasn't what "officially" happened?

Per King MMQB its a 4th or 7th in '08

The 'original' deal was said to have been a 4th round pick in the 2007 draft. Of course it didn't turn out that way, but Deumig gave that trade a grade anyway?

Also, I'm not going off of what PK says eithe, right now it's a conditional pick in 2008.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #18 : March 05, 2007, 04:11:23 PM »

Duemig's football insight couldn't fill a thimble.

Hey, he has sources. ;D
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's Flood: Duemig Just Mentioned PR and This Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools