Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your favorite small school WR prospect « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 01, 2010, 03:12:50 PM

We have our steals in Brian Price, Mike Williams, Cody Grimm, Dekoda Watson, Preston Parker, etc. I think we are good.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#31 : September 01, 2010, 03:36:10 PM

We have our steals in Brian Price, Mike Williams, Cody Grimm, Dekoda Watson, Preston Parker, etc. I think we are good.

Since you mentioned Watson, I was extremely surprised at how well he played in the Jags game. He is better against the run than I thought and his size/speed is really noticable on the field. I dunno if you remember but I thought a team could go for him as early as the late 2nd and definitely sometime in the 4th at the latest, but I'm happy he fell to us where he did. He looks farther along than Quincy did at the same point in his career.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 01, 2010, 03:37:30 PM

I'm just tooting my own horn. I'm fine with who the Bucs got.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 01, 2010, 04:09:30 PM

So I'm looking around the draft sites trying to figure out who the next Pierre Garcon/Miles Austin type player is. Most of the candidates are basically bodies. They've got good measurables but not a lot of production. Few ever had more than 700 yards receiving in a season. Garcon had over 4000 yards receiving in his career at Mount Union and Austin had over 1800 yards his final two seasons at Monmouth so both of them produced.

Which brings me to Stephen Williams from Toledo.

6' 4 1/2"
210 lbs
4.53 40
2007: 73 rec., 1169 yards, 7 TD
2008: 71 rec., 781 yards, 8 TD
2009: 79 rec., 1065 yards, 5 TD

Good call.  He's been tearing it up.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 01, 2010, 04:23:52 PM

I'm just tooting my own horn. I'm fine with who the Bucs got.
I give props to you. Its a shame that we couldn't have gotten him. But I think Preston Parker is a good steal in his own right. I just hope my "favorite prospect" in Dekoda Watson pulls out doing good.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your favorite small school WR prospect « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools