Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: y not sign ruud long term « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#15 : March 25, 2010, 11:57:20 AM

Ruud is not extended because he does not fit into the future plans. Morris wants Big Physical DL and LB's. Ruud is only here because the potential replacements on the roster are not good or inexpierienced depth. A replacement will be drafted in the first 4 rounds. He is maybe here this season or not and that is it. Bucs need a Real MLB

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 25, 2010, 11:58:41 AM

then why tag him with 1 and 3 tender....I thought we were tampa 2? or is that after we want to get big and physical and before we get big and physical?
is that a JG by morris?

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 25, 2010, 12:00:53 PM

If Suh/McCoy are gone, we should trade down and take McClain. Then dump Ruud for a 3rd.

Adding an extra 2nd and 3rd. YES.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 25, 2010, 12:02:00 PM

you have to assume somebody wants to trade up and then assume that they dont want ruud......

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#19 : March 25, 2010, 12:04:19 PM

On the "vocal leader" thing...  The rules changed so that one defender can have a radio in his helmet.  Tampa's one player with that "green dot" helmet is Barrett Ruud.  He can't spend a whole lot of time in "chest bump" mode and listen to the calls coming in from the sideline, IMO...

Exactly......you hit the nail on the head.....

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#20 : March 25, 2010, 12:05:37 PM

then why tag him with 1 and 3 tender....I thought we were tampa 2? or is that after we want to get big and physical and before we get big and physical?
is that a JG by morris?
No current replacement is my guess. Ruud may even get a chance to redeem himself but I can't see a leopard changing his spots and Ruud will not be physical and won't be a leader. Giants still need a MLB and are switching to Tampa 2 so my guess is that Ruud could be a the Giant's problem soon if they can get a pick.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 25, 2010, 12:07:20 PM

Y R U not usng all ur letters?

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#22 : March 25, 2010, 12:09:20 PM

On the "vocal leader" thing... �The rules changed so that one defender can have a radio in his helmet. �Tampa's one player with that "green dot" helmet is Barrett Ruud. �He can't spend a whole lot of time in "chest bump" mode and listen to the calls coming in from the sideline, IMO...

On the "downfield tackles"... �Of the 141 tackles on defense (one of his credited tackles was on special teams), 26 were from 6 to 9 yards past LOS. �24 were at 10 yards or more. �Doing the math, that means 91 of his tackles were at 5 yards or less. �That includes the 59 tackles at 3 yards or less...

With Piscitelli, Barber, TJax and Hayes all having as many missed tackles as they did, the DTs aren't the only contributors to Ruud's "inflated" numbers...

They found a way to keep him cheap, that is all...
Being a leader is not just about speaking up in the huddle or before the snap. It has to do more with inside the Locker Room and accountability reasons. When the old Bucs D knew they had to answer to Brooks or Sapp when they screwed up they screwed up a lot less. Who does our current D answer to? The Player known as "The Shopping Cart" because he gets pushed around more than anyone.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#23 : March 25, 2010, 12:10:15 PM

is that a JG by morris?
No current replacement is my guess. Ruud may even get a chance to redeem himself but I can't see a leopard changing his spots and Ruud will not be physical and won't be a leader. Giants still need a MLB and are switching to Tampa 2 so my guess is that Ruud could be a the Giant's problem soon if they can get a pick.
you could have given him a 3rd round tender...and done the same thing. sounds like morris isnt being honest or fair to ruud. good thing the ravens didnt think the same thing when they had all the crap up in front of lewis.

calicojack

Starter
#24 : March 25, 2010, 12:17:12 PM

On the "vocal leader" thing... �The rules changed so that one defender can have a radio in his helmet. �Tampa's one player with that "green dot" helmet is Barrett Ruud. �He can't spend a whole lot of time in "chest bump" mode and listen to the calls coming in from the sideline, IMO...

On the "downfield tackles"... �Of the 141 tackles on defense (one of his credited tackles was on special teams), 26 were from 6 to 9 yards past LOS. �24 were at 10 yards or more. �Doing the math, that means 91 of his tackles were at 5 yards or less. �That includes the 59 tackles at 3 yards or less...

With Piscitelli, Barber, TJax and Hayes all having as many missed tackles as they did, the DTs aren't the only contributors to Ruud's "inflated" numbers...

Being a leader is not just about speaking up in the huddle or before the snap. It has to do more with inside the Locker Room and accountability reasons. When the old Bucs D knew they had to answer to Brooks or Sapp when they screwed up they screwed up a lot less. Who does our current D answer to? The Player known as "The Shopping Cart" because he gets pushed around more than anyone.

OK, fussy.  But, they are pinning all of that on one player.  In the past, it wasn't just Derrick Brooks. The Kevin Carters and Warren Sapps and Hardy Nickersons were all there, too...  and those guys got paid...

The Dream Team

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 25, 2010, 12:18:27 PM

JRozz (Tampa)

Pat why do people act like Hovan and Simms pathetic play doesn't have an effect on Rudd making tackles 5 yards off the line?If he didn't have to shed Hovan or Simms man he would be able to make plays closer to the line and even behind it.

Pat Yasinskas  (1:19 PM)

Thank you for bringing that up. Think that's a very valid point and think DT is a huge weakness in TB. In fact, somebody asked early who is the most overrated NFC South player on the defensive side. I didn't answer the question at the time. But this just prompted my answer. I'd point to Hovan and Sims.

Just sayin'..

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#26 : March 25, 2010, 12:18:35 PM

OK, fussy.  But, they are pinning all of that on one player.  In the past, it wasn't just Derrick Brooks. The Kevin Carters and Warren Sapps and Hardy Nickersons were all there, too...  and those guys got paid...
Sapp and Nickerson yes because they made plays and deserved it.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 25, 2010, 12:20:02 PM

sapp and nickersons deals were more than 10 years ago.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#28 : March 26, 2010, 02:29:25 PM

The Bucs aren't cheap.

Ruud was drafted in 2005 and just played his 5th season. Because there is no salary cap anymore, he is a restricted free agent and not unrestricted, meaning the Bucs have no reason whatsoever to extend his contract when they can keep him for 3 million dollars in 2010. Ruud has no leverage at all in this situation, and he is one of 180+ free agents dealing with this right now. If there was still a salary cap, I think we would see Ruud get his extension some time last offseason.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 26, 2010, 03:21:23 PM

And Ruud isn't the only one on the Bucs in the same situation.  There are about 5 or 6 more.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: y not sign ruud long term « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools