Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT's THE SAME PEOPLE? (pimping Jagz/Bates in '09-- drinking the Kool-Aid in '10) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 27, 2010, 01:02:09 PM

Ok.. to actually talk about the original post...

Bates was dreadful... he refused to change anything or bring any kind of pressure ... his defense was just plain bad. Had we made the switch to Raheems D earlier in the year, we would have been better off.

Offensively- Do you really think Olson's offense is better than what Jags was supposed to be? I don't. In fact I think just about any other offensive gameplan you could have drawn up would have been better than Olson's.

In conclusion- we kept the wrong guy for too long and fired the right guy way too soon.

i dont think Jags was the right guy, but had the right idea. the verticle offense is what everyone wants. the new QB coach was describing Olsons offense as verticle. let not forgett Olson was running a frankenstein offense that combined of grudens and jags playbooks. this year he will get to impliment his own. im weary of what he can do, but im hoping its better now that he can install his own playbook.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 27, 2010, 03:35:31 PM

Ok.. to actually talk about the original post...

Bates was dreadful... he refused to change anything or bring any kind of pressure ... his defense was just plain bad. Had we made the switch to Raheems D earlier in the year, we would have been better off.

Offensively- Do you really think Olson's offense is better than what Jags was supposed to be? I don't. In fact I think just about any other offensive gameplan you could have drawn up would have been better than Olson's.

In conclusion- we kept the wrong guy for too long and fired the right guy way too soon.

i dont think Jags was the right guy, but had the right idea. the verticle offense is what everyone wants. the new QB coach was describing Olsons offense as verticle. let not forgett Olson was running a frankenstein offense that combined of grudens and jags playbooks. this year he will get to impliment his own. im weary of what he can do, but im hoping its better now that he can install his own playbook.
Right.. thats what I meant by my post. Jags had the right ideas about how to run the offense, but from what was said about him, he probably wasn't the best guy. I'm just hoping Olson completely ditches the Gruden schtick once and for all and stretches the field this year.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 27, 2010, 03:38:00 PM

uh he was hired by gruden, then hired by morris..........they already ditched the zone schemes...........and the playaction that goes with it.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#18 : March 27, 2010, 03:39:43 PM

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/prooffense/2002BroncosVSCardinalsScoutingReport.pdf
if you go to the back...that is the offense jags wanted to run. you saw grudens offense in the superbowl this year.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 27, 2010, 03:53:14 PM

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/prooffense/2002BroncosVSCardinalsScoutingReport.pdf
if you go to the back...that is the offense jags wanted to run. you saw grudens offense in the superbowl this year.

really? thats the specific offense he wanted to run? did he tell you that himself? similar, maybe. same, no way.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 27, 2010, 03:56:15 PM

jags comes from the alex gibbs line of coaching......olsen scrapped it for gruden style running.....

pewtersmoker28

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 27, 2010, 03:59:22 PM

its really not about morris! as I have said before, if the glaziers were serious,  Morris wouldnt have made it to the final interview.......their is a reason he was everybody elses quota filler.......he maybe a great coach some day.....but it will not be here in tampa.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 27, 2010, 04:26:25 PM

you saw grudens offense in the superbowl this year.

Good stuff.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 27, 2010, 08:57:51 PM

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 27, 2010, 09:01:16 PM

i think we got every troll to post on here....PAC/LAC(same dude), Pewtersmoker, Chronic.....Java in 3, 2, 1...

NAKED PICS OF GRUDEN ITT

That should bring him in.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IT's THE SAME PEOPLE? (pimping Jagz/Bates in '09-- drinking the Kool-Aid in '10) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools