Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fins to cut McMichael? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« : March 05, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »

From PFT:

FINS SAYING FAREWELL TO McMICHAEL

A league source tells us that the Miami Dolphins will soon be releasing tight end Randy McMichael.

McMichael, who recently emerged on the trade block, was due to earn a $3 million roster bonus on Wednesday.  In lieu of paying the money, the team is cutting him loose.

The veteran tight end should draw immediate interest in a relatively weak field of free-agent tight ends.  But the red flag is his history of allegations of violence against his wife.

Then again, in today's NFL, that's like getting pulled over for having an expired inspection sticker, isn't it?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #1 : March 05, 2007, 03:43:18 PM »

Wow, I guess the Dolphins couldn't find a trade for him.  If he gets cut, the Bucs should seriously consider signing him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 05, 2007, 03:44:58 PM »

Wow, I guess the Dolphins couldn't find a trade for him.  If he gets cut, the Bucs should seriously consider signing him.
Agreed.  The man can still play.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 05, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

Wow, I guess the Dolphins couldn't find a trade for him. If he gets cut, the Bucs should seriously consider signing him.
Agreed. The man can still play.

He's currently signed through 2009.  With the FA market as crazy as it is, it might be worth sending a late pick to Miami to secure him before he is cut.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 05, 2007, 03:50:19 PM »

Wow, I guess the Dolphins couldn't find a trade for him. If he gets cut, the Bucs should seriously consider signing him.

He's currently signed through 2009. With the FA market as crazy as it is, it might be worth sending a late pick to Miami to secure him before he is cut.
Nah.  Keep the pick, see what you can work with after he gets cut.  Gruden loves TEs, and his signing might be Jolleys farewell!  Which would not hurt my feelings.  Although we lose a potential long snapper from the team...

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #5 : March 05, 2007, 03:50:40 PM »

He's currently signed through 2009. With the FA market as crazy as it is, it might be worth sending a late pick to Miami to secure him before he is cut.

That's a good idea.  Just like we did with Jake Plummer almost.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : March 05, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »

We could insist he room with Michael Pittman who has completely redone himself over in terms of past problems with his wife...can't we keep Jolley?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #7 : March 05, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »

We could insist he room with Michael Pittman who has completely redone himself over in terms of past problems with his wife...can't we keep Jolley?

Jolley is a free agent.  He bought out the last couple of years in his contract.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 05, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »

I'd rather keep Becht and lose Jolley.  Alex Smith, McMichael, and Becht for chipping.  Why keep Jolley around?  For his long snapping ability?  Perhaps.  But to have that much ties up in 4 TEs is a bit much.

« #9 : March 05, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »

Don't forget about Dave Moore

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 05, 2007, 03:59:12 PM »

God.  Hasn't he retired yet?

« #11 : March 05, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »

Don't believe so, he's a Pro Bowl long snapper don't forget about that.

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #12 : March 05, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

The Bucs use Dave Moore mainly as a long-snapper and not a TE.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 05, 2007, 04:05:54 PM »

If Jolley walks and Moore retires, I'm not sure what our LS options are.  Jeb Terry?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 05, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »

If Jolley walks and Moore retires, I'm not sure what our LS options are. Jeb Terry?
Speaking of Jeb, I wonder what happened to him last year...

He came in gangbusters in TC, and then fell off the earth.

Doghouse indeed.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fins to cut McMichael? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools