Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carter signs with Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 05, 2007, 05:06:14 PM

It could be a good signing, but really, the man is short term.  He is a finger in the damn, so to speak.  If the D-line issues don't get resolved, there is going to be nasty consequences.  I wish Carter would have been a Buc a few years ago...he might be running on fumes right now.

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2007, 05:06:29 PM

Well, according to Carter's agent, Carter has not signed with the Buccaneers. He is there and they are hopefull something gets done before he leaves. That was as of 5:00 PM ET.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 05, 2007, 05:09:31 PM

Well, according to Carter's agent, Carter has not signed with the Buccaneers. He is there and they are hopefull something gets done before he leaves. That was as of 5:00 PM ET.

Let us know about the contract number JF (if you ever get them, or if they ever sign him...)

His salary is very important as to how well he will be received in Tampa...Home of the Oldsters.

PoorRichard

Starter

#18 : March 05, 2007, 05:10:43 PM

Hopefully it gets done. I went to school with Kevin at UF and he has always been a high character, high effort player. He has played at a consitently high level for most of his career and will be a great addition to the lockeroom. Obviously, at this stage he is a down and distance guy, but he would be a good situational player and great role model for a Gaines Adams, Jamal Anderson or Jarvis Moss.

This move makes sense.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 05, 2007, 05:12:54 PM

Am I the only one that hates this? We've signed an over-the-hill 33 year old with next to nothing left in the tank. And most likely we'll switch his position on the D-Line. Woop-dee-doo.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

shall555

Starter

#20 : March 05, 2007, 05:18:04 PM

I think Carter could make a very strong push as our UT. Kiffin wants size in the middle and Carter still has quickness, durability, and can apply constant pressure rushing the passer. Look at his dimensions. He's the same size as Adam Carriker.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 05, 2007, 05:19:41 PM

Am I the only one that hates this? We've signed an over-the-hill 33 year old with next to nothing left in the tank. And most likely we'll switch his position on the D-Line. Woop-dee-doo.
I have to agree with this more than liking the deal.

The catch is the money.

Because if the Bucs overspend on this old-by-NFL standards lineman to a big deal, it brings up old memories of Deese/Garner/Stinchcomb/Steussie...and it means Gruden really is stuck in the thinking that old guys have an edge on young guys. (Which is really profound)

But if it is near vet min deal, maybe for two years tops, it is a good signing.  The BUcs have a lot of age on the team, so this is a very iffy move.  But for short term, it could be more beneficial than detrimental.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#22 : March 05, 2007, 05:22:24 PM

Solid signing. No complaints here.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2007, 05:22:52 PM

Frankly the team doesn't have many other choices. There are only two NFL defensive ends on the roster right now. The only roster spot he would be taking is that of Julian Jenkins or Charles Bennett who are nobodies anyways. And Carter played defensive end his whole career except recently with the Dolphins. The Bucs would likely be moving him back to his natural position. Regarding his age, I would argue he is more in the vein of Joey Galloway, Michael Strahan, and others who are elite athletes who play at a high level into their mid 30s. I don't think he has as much in common with Deese or Steussie. However this should in no way be seen as a reason not to draft another defensive end on the first day.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 05, 2007, 05:24:29 PM

boy these old guys just want go away, i cant wait to see some young cats on this team

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : March 05, 2007, 05:25:36 PM

boy these old guys just want go away, i cant wait to see some young cats on this team
Like who? We'll get young guys in the draft, and the young guys in free agency are getting PAID.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 05, 2007, 05:29:22 PM

I believe Carter is the same age or younger than Strahan..and he's still creating havoc (albeit when healthy)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 05, 2007, 05:31:50 PM

And can they just sign Petitgout already? He's been virtually kissing One Buc Palace to get signed over here.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

PoorRichard

Starter

#28 : March 05, 2007, 05:41:00 PM

Can't imagine he signed for anything more then the league minimum. Carter ain't no hack. He'll come to play.

JC510

Practice Squad

#29 : March 05, 2007, 05:49:39 PM

What the hell is this! Bucs could have signed Dewayne White for this money.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Carter signs with Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools