Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Screw Calvin Johnson!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 05, 2007, 06:50:10 PM

Detroit has a #1 in Roy Williams
Clevland has a #1 in Braylon Edwards
Oakland has a #1 in Randy Moss

and we're an injured Galloway away from being the worst offense in the league...

Perhaps, but we're far from a CJ away from being one of the best. He's not a need at this point, he's a luxury...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 05, 2007, 06:50:46 PM

and we're an injured Galloway away from being the worst offense in the league...

Perhaps, but we're far from a CJ away from being one of the best. He's not a need at this point, he's a luxury...

Amen.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : March 05, 2007, 06:53:08 PM

If CJ is Jesus in cleats then why the hell is he falling to us at #4?  You can't tell me Detriot and Cleveland can't use the second coming of Jerry Rice (Super Sized)!!!
Detroit has a #1  in Roy Williams

Arizona has a #1 in Fitzgerald...I mean Boldin..or is it Fitzgerald...no wait a minute it's Boldin. Oh hell 2 #1's are better than 1.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 05, 2007, 06:53:56 PM

If CJ is Jesus in cleats then why the hell is he falling to us at #4? You can't tell me Detriot and Cleveland can't use the second coming of Jerry Rice (Super Sized)!!!

Arizona has a #1 in Fitzgerald...I mean Boldin..or is it Fitzgerald...no wait a minute it's Boldin. Oh hell 2 #1's are better than 1.
Its Boldin for sure.

Boldin 1A...Fitz 1B

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 05, 2007, 06:55:44 PM

If CJ is Jesus in cleats then why the hell is he falling to us at #4? You can't tell me Detriot and Cleveland can't use the second coming of Jerry Rice (Super Sized)!!!

Its Boldin for sure.

Boldin 1A...Fitz 1B

And yet they still haven't sniffed the playoffs.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 05, 2007, 06:56:28 PM

No,you are stupid.. the #1 is Bryant Johnson

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 05, 2007, 06:57:49 PM

Its Boldin for sure.

Boldin 1A...Fitz 1B

And yet they still haven't sniffed the playoffs.
Next year

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#37 : March 05, 2007, 06:59:05 PM

I see a biatch slapping coming.   :o

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 05, 2007, 06:59:41 PM

I see a biatch slapping coming. :o
yeah,on yo momz

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#39 : March 05, 2007, 10:01:31 PM

CJ>Stallworth
nuff said

Gaines Adams + Stallworth + an extra 2nd round pick = More wins than drafting CJ.

Stallworth is a #2 WR we don't need. As far as Gaines Adams..he is the best DE in the class but we sure could pick up a solid DE in the 2nd round.

I'll say it one last time, the top end depth at WR is just as good (probably better) as DE. But the CJ bandwagon won't hear that.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 05, 2007, 10:56:28 PM

CJ is not Moss or Owens. 

You're right...he's better because he doesn't come with the a-hole attitude.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 05, 2007, 10:57:53 PM

CJ is not Moss or Owens.

He hasn;t done one thing to make anyone cheer yet.

He is an unproven rook.  That is all he is.  He could be a major bust.  He could be an average posession guy.

He could be a superstar.

Who knows at this point.

But comping him to two of the better WRs in the NFL is not right.  At all.

#42 : March 05, 2007, 10:59:55 PM

CJ is not Moss or Owens.

Lets defer final judgement on that until he has spent two or three years as a NFL superstar with a $50 million contract.   ;)

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 05, 2007, 11:07:06 PM

CJ is not Moss or Owens.

He hasn;t done one thing to make anyone cheer yet.

He is an unproven rook.  That is all he is.  He could be a major bust.  He could be an average posession guy.

He could be a superstar.

Who knows at this point.

But comping him to two of the better WRs in the NFL is not right.  At all.

He has the skill set of Moss (with slightly better hands). He has the attitude of Harrison and the drive of Rice.

The only way this kid doesn't become an NFL superstar is if injuries derail his career.

And for the poster who said "If Johnson is so great, why is he falling to 4th?". Barry Sanders fell to 4th. So did LaDanian Tomlinson. Moss was drafted in the middle of the 1st round. TO wasn't even a 1st round pick. Neither was Carolina's Steve Smith. The argument is irrelevant. Where you're picked doesn't matter....

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#44 : March 06, 2007, 01:07:21 AM

I, for one, can't wait until the start of 2007 when I can watch Jeff Garcia underthrow Calvin Johnson in person.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Screw Calvin Johnson!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools