Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Rankings(Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : March 29, 2010, 10:14:35 PM

Draft LaFell ... then we can run left or run right ... behind a slow-moving, large-bodied, fearless-blocking, oh-was-i-supposed-to-catch-that LSU wideout. (I'm uncomfortable referring to MC80 as a "receiver").   

Symmetry.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#16 : March 29, 2010, 10:18:48 PM

It's funny when people compare all the prospects to their best case scenarios, it makes it look like one draft is going to produce ten pro bowlers at a position. No one wants to say a player is going to be the next Rod Gardner.

Like Golden Tate and Hines Ward....Ward never dreamed of running 4.42...did he? But speed does not make the WR.
That is the one comparison I definitely 100% don't see at all. Don't really see the Marshall one that much either, but Tate and Ward are very opposite IMO.

Tate's best comparison to me has always been Steve Smith.... Or Santana Moss. Very explosive smaller run after catch receiver.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 29, 2010, 11:05:51 PM

Golden Tate - does seem more and more intriguing to me - Dez Bryant seems more and more like Mike Williams from USC a few years back.

If Damian Williams is anything like Ochocinco - then he'd be my target...

I still really like Marcus Easley in the 3rd/4th round.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : March 29, 2010, 11:08:29 PM

Golden Tate - does seem more and more intriguing to me - Dez Bryant seems more and more like Mike Williams from USC a few years back.

If Damian Williams is anything likw Ochocinco - then he'd be my target...

They compared Damian to Chad... and Cuse Mike Williams to Marshall...

I can see the Damian comparison to Chad, though a lot less flashy IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 29, 2010, 11:09:00 PM

It's funny when people compare all the prospects to their best case scenarios, it makes it look like one draft is going to produce ten pro bowlers at a position. No one wants to say a player is going to be the next Rod Gardner.

Like Golden Tate and Hines Ward....Ward never dreamed of running 4.42...did he? But speed does not make the WR.
That is the one comparison I definitely 100% don't see at all. Don't really see the Marshall one that much either, but Tate and Ward are very opposite IMO.

Tate's best comparison to me has always been Steve Smith.... Or Santana Moss. Very explosive smaller run after catch receiver.
I agree with that.  He has proven to be a shifty YAC guy, with jukes and feints.  The Bucs need a guy like that.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#20 : March 29, 2010, 11:22:20 PM

Those are some flat out bad player comparisons. Not even close.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 29, 2010, 11:23:48 PM

...come to think of it, I really really really want tate as a Buc.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#22 : March 29, 2010, 11:25:59 PM

Same.

I want him or Thomas. With Tate being higher on my list than Thomas.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 30, 2010, 01:15:13 AM

93 Receptions last year, dude is a horse.

It's really hard for myself to find any WR that I hate, particularly because we need one so bad that I'm open to any of them. Haha

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 30, 2010, 09:01:44 AM

If Damian Williams is anything likw Ochocinco - then he'd be my target...

They compared Damian to Chad... and Cuse Mike Williams to Marshall...

I can see the Damian comparison to Chad, though a lot less flashy IMO.

LOL... someone missed the skills competition on ESPN a few months ago.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 30, 2010, 09:02:42 AM

Decker in the 4th and Easley in the 5th.  In 2012, with Stroughter at the Z, we'll have the best WR corp in the NFL.  Book it now!

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#26 : March 30, 2010, 09:07:11 AM

7. Mike Williams, Syracuse

Height/Weight: 6'1/221
College Experience: Fourth-year junior
Combine #s: 4.62 forty, 8 x 225, 33.5" vertical
Style Comparison: Brandon Marshall
2009 Stats: 49 - 746 (15.2) - 6 Tds

This would be my choice for the Bucs second WR. Rd 4 or 5.

#27 : March 30, 2010, 09:10:38 AM

My primary second receiver is Roberts or Price - but I don't see either making it to the 5th.

Williams will and if I were in charge, I'd drop the 5th pick card with his name on it.

elks66

Second String
#28 : March 30, 2010, 09:11:52 AM

freddie barnes should be available in the 5th

Let\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Go Bucs!

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#29 : March 30, 2010, 10:01:27 AM

Every receiver on that list is ten times better than anyone we have on our roster. We are fortunate to have this need now when receiver looks to be a stacked position in this draft. I really hope we walk away with 2 quality receivers in this draft; someone in the 2nd, and then later like in the 4th or 5th.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Rankings(Rotoworld) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools