Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey guys I got a Question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 29, 2010, 06:46:43 PM

Unfortunately, the Bucs "fans" around here will only come when the team is playoff bound. It would be nice to see support even when the team is down, but it won't happen.

Those aren't fans... and heres why...

The word "fan" is short for "fanatic".

Definition
Fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

so if I don't go to every game and make critical statements about any part of the team, then I'm not a fan ..... bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 29, 2010, 06:48:00 PM

The Bucs fans will return when the team once again has good, homegrown players that can play at a high level more than one season. For too long the Bucs roster has been an escalator where players get on for a year or two and then get off to be replaced by the next guy.

I, for one, was reluctant to send in my $$ but i'm a Buc fan to the core.... bleeding red n pewter.... and come training camp i'll be right there supporting my team.

I, too, look forward to seeing the foundation being laid for our next generation of greats. Unfortunately, i think a lot of us were spoiled by Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Alstott, Ronde and the like. Hopefully, our next "class" can make us proud like those guys did.

I plan on enjoying the journey.... not jumping on the bandwagon later on when its fashionable to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 29, 2010, 06:52:28 PM

The Bucs fans will return when the team once again has good, homegrown players that can play at a high level more than one season. For too long the Bucs roster has been an escalator where players get on for a year or two and then get off to be replaced by the next guy.

I, for one, was reluctant to send in my $$ but i'm a Buc fan to the core.... bleeding red n pewter.... and come training camp i'll be right there supporting my team.

I, too, look forward to seeing the foundation being laid for our next generation of greats. Unfortunately, i think a lot of us were spoiled by Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Alstott, Ronde and the like. Hopefully, our next "class" can make us proud like those guys did.

I plan on enjoying the journey.... not jumping on the bandwagon later on when its fashionable to do so.

Your awesome dude, I'm not sure that I've read one post of yours that I didn't say to myself "that was a good post, and he nailed how I was/am feeling"

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 29, 2010, 06:53:39 PM

Unfortunately, the Bucs "fans" around here will only come when the team is playoff bound. It would be nice to see support even when the team is down, but it won't happen.

Definition

so if I don't go to every game and make critical statements about any part of the team, then I'm not a fan ..... bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you only support your team when they're good... then you're not a fan.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#34 : March 29, 2010, 06:56:03 PM

I wonder if he actually believes that he is "winning" this debate.  He probably does, and I find that amusing ;D

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 29, 2010, 06:57:17 PM

Your awesome dude, I'm not sure that I've read one post of yours that I didn't say to myself "that was a good post, and he nailed how I was/am feeling"

Thnx man.

I love this freakin team and grew tired of the revolving door of rent-a-players. We grew up with our former group and they were "our guys". I look forward to that again. Watching Freeman grow into our leader. Talib, T-Jack, Suh ;) , and the rest...... that fires me up.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#36 : March 29, 2010, 06:58:36 PM

1) we do not stand behind the team no matter what.
2) How does filling the stadium pressure the ownership to make the coaching changes I am looking for?
3) When the team decides to spend money and get competent coaching I will resume season ticket purchases.
4) as of now this next year watching games will resemble last year watching games. (sitting at home with my Caddy jersey in a dark room by myself drinking as much Johnny Walker Black as I possibly can, in hopes there is a great game after.)

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#37 : March 29, 2010, 06:59:21 PM

Thnx man.

I love this freakin team and grew tired of the revolving door of rent-a-players. We grew up with our former group and they were "our guys". I look forward to that again. Watching Freeman grow into our leader. Talib, T-Jack, Suh ;) , and the rest...... that fires me up.

Once again, you nailed how I feel about it.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 29, 2010, 07:01:00 PM

1) we do not stand behind the team no matter what.
2) How does filling the stadium pressure the ownership to make the coaching changes I am looking for?
3) When the team decides to spend money and get competent coaching I will resume season ticket purchases.
4) as of now this next year watching games will resemble last year watching games. (sitting at home with my Caddy jersey in a dark room by myself drinking as much Johnny Walker Black as I possibly can, in hopes there is a great game after.)

I don't see where your going here. Are you saying that that is how you feel?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 29, 2010, 07:02:48 PM

I've been a fan since the beginning (although a young one at the very beginning) and a season ticket holder back to the Sam Wyche years .... I take great offense at being called a bandwagon fan because I choose not to throw my money at the team that I love while the allow an unqualified coach to "learn on the job".   If we're going to act like a minor league franchise, then start giving away the tickets at the grocery store like minor league franchises do instead of charging me full price.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 29, 2010, 07:04:00 PM

I've been a fan since the beginning (although a young one at the very beginning) and a season ticket holder back to the Sam Wyche years .... I take great offense at being called a bandwagon fan because I choose not to throw my money at the team that I love while the allow an unqualified coach to "learn on the job".   If we're going to act like a minor league franchise, then start giving away the tickets at the grocery store like minor league franchises do instead of charging me full price.

I guess your only option is to not come, whatta heartbreaker ::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 29, 2010, 07:05:08 PM

Definition

If you only support your team when they're good... then you're not a fan.

I do support the team.  Always have and always will.   That doesn't mean I have to throw my good money away at a bad product.   The Glazers have treated me like crap as a fan for several years now.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 29, 2010, 07:05:50 PM

I've been a fan since the beginning (although a young one at the very beginning) and a season ticket holder back to the Sam Wyche years .... I take great offense at being called a bandwagon fan because I choose not to throw my money at the team that I love while the allow an unqualified coach to "learn on the job".   If we're going to act like a minor league franchise, then start giving away the tickets at the grocery store like minor league franchises do instead of charging me full price.

I guess your only option is to not come, whatta heartbreaker ::)

keep trolling sweetie, but that isn't my only option

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 29, 2010, 07:07:05 PM

I wonder if he actually believes that he is "winning" this debate. 

What debate?  There is no debate.

Are you a season ticket holder?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 29, 2010, 07:08:26 PM

I, for one, was reluctant to send in my $$ but i'm a Buc fan to the core....

apparently you're not because a real fan wouldn't think twice about sending in their cash
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey guys I got a Question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools